Tarrey Town - N4A Chat Thread - February 2022

EH_STEVE

On 2/17/2022 at 8:43 PM, Ithrak Utopia said:

I don't think there's any reason for Retro Studios to update their banner unless they're dropping a hint for something Metroid Prime 4 related to occur for the next Direct, which probably is in June. They've been working on the game for over 3 years without needing to update their banner to something Metroid related. I'm anticipating that Nintendo will show footage of Prime 4 for a Direct in June, leaning toward it being more as an update as opposed to the game being near release, before or after revealing Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for the Switch. If they show Prime 4 without any other announcements, I'm expecting the game very soon, potentially later this year. Basically, how Dread was handled last year. 

I thought similarly on this at first, but apparently the new banner just comes from an ad for Retro Studios’ hiring page on artstation.com. They’re still looking for more artists in other words, which may mean the game isn’t that close to being completed yet still.

2 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

I thought similarly on this at first, but apparently the new banner just comes from an ad for Retro Studios’ hiring page on artstation.com. They’re still looking for more artists in other words, which may mean the game isn’t that close to being completed yet still.

I just don't like the looks of this if it's not a hint at upcoming news in a Direct. We've knew about plenty of positions they've been filling and have been asking for. If Retro Studios had been doing the occasional update to their banner with something associated to Metroid, I wouldn't make too much of this change. I could be wrong on this, but I believe this is the first time Retro Studios has updated their Twitter banner with something Metroid related since we've known their assignment to Prime 4. 

Downloaded and attempted to try out those Kingdom Heart Cloud Demos - no plans on buying them since they’re Cloud version ms

Aside from that, they ran pretty smoothly without too much issues from what i was able to play… even though it was mostly beginning stuff in one, some card tutorial in another and some drop minigame thing in one of the other game 

And i tried a couple days ago and can confirm they’re almost impossible to play on a Personal Hotspot… couldn’t really get things to load so there’s that

I’d consider buying them if they were fully on Switch Natively and not Cloud based… dunno if the collections are available on PC/Steam or something 

Considering how short they were, wasn’t able to get into the good stuff so 

Whether or not  it’s a series i can get into is inconclusive atm - only really played the Demos because i was curious about the games 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maybe they’re games i might look into, even though I can’t say I’m exactly huge on Disney as i was when i was younger 

________

Also been playing some other games on NSO

Been breezing through Super Mario Bros. 3 and up to World 7… though one of the mini boss castle is confusing me… 

And some of the Bro. overworld encounters,Bosses and Minibosses are pretty easy with the Fire Flower…

and been working on Super Mario Bros. 2 in that one Mario collection - though i prefer the GBA version… really looking forward to playing that whenever/if we get GB/GBC/GBA NSO at some point whenever that happens 

also started playing World again yesterday evening 

Honestly so far there’s not too many games I’m fully interested in playing  - tried out a few ones here and there but they were eh to me

Though the rewind feature is extremely helpful in some of these games… been using it quite a bit for some parts 

_____\

Also still not sure why my Switch is having battery issues- sometimes it sticks on 1% for awhile before turning off the last couple days

The way i see it i have 3 options-

Just continue leaving it on the charger and using it as is

send it into Nintendo and have that replaced and be out of a Switch for a few days/week

or get a Switch OLED, transfer everything over and then send my old Switch into Nintendo to replace/repair

I’ve been considering getting an OLED for awhile now, so could consider doing that…

Just played through The Wild At Heart Demo

Though the Spriteling stuff reminds me of Pikmin… not that’s a bad thing anyway 

Think i can get into this more than I could with the Pikmin series, honestly

Pretty enjoyable and quite liked it… think that’s another game I’ll be buying

Oh shit! Zero Suit Master Chief (see tweet below)?...

I'm surprised they wouldn't do this in-game first. Maybe this is a way get people to watch or P+ required them to. I don't get why MS hasn't shown MC's face yet. If Nintendo can show Samus in the NES game, why can't MS show what MC looks like? We already know he's a guy, so it's not like he's going to turn out to be a girl when we finally see he without his helmet on. OMG! Now I actually want this to happen, just to see the reactions (Of course, they'd have to explain why MC was disguised as a man). 😂

Edited by alienboyva
On 2/20/2022 at 2:37 PM, alienboyva said:

Oh shit! Zero Suit Master Chief (see tweet below)?...

I'm surprised they wouldn't do this in-game first. Maybe this is a way get people to watch or P+ required them to. I don't get why MS hasn't shown MC's face yet. If Nintendo can show Samus in the NES game, why can't MS show what MC looks like? We already know he's a guy, so it's not like he's going to turn out to be a girl when we finally see he without his helmet on. OMG! Now I actually want this to happen, just to see the reactions (Of course, they'd have to explain why MC was disguised as a man). 😂

I'm not a fan of this

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Final episode aired yesterday.

RIP to this meme goldmine.

I'm surprised the show lasted this long. I remember watching it as a kid when it first came on. 

They're all grown up now... Pleading Face on WhatsApp 2.21.23.23

Edited by alienboyva