Pokemon Legends Arceus: General Discussion Thread

Is it rare to see a Happiny in a cave in the first area with lots of Machop? My friend keeps saying I get the luckiest spawns, but this one got away and he can't stand that I don't lock on. (He says it dramatically improves catch rates, but I love the feel of freely throwing balls.)

All I want is thatevil Luxio in the starting area, but even with two pokedex stars I'm still not allowed to catch it. >:(

Nah, that's a regular spawn area for it.

Basically if you see something, you can catch it. Even crazy high levels, just they might not listen to you if caught and you'd have to catch it without being seen as you might not survive battling it.

When I would distract it with a cake of its favorite food and throw a back strike with a heavy ball, the lock-on catch indicator would be green, but right when the ball hit, the indicator would flash to an X just before the UI disappeared.

My friend said it meant my throw was good enough to catch it, but I'm still disallowed because of my dex level.

I've already caught other pokemon that don't obey me in battle.

• 5 weeks later...

Might as well post this here as it still relates to PLA.

Pokemon HOME 2.0.0 is out!

To get the mystery gift Pokemon, just move a Pokemon PLA or the gen 4 remakes to Pokemon and claim them on Pokemon HOME on mobile. In the same area I mentioned earlier.

I also don't remember if you need a premium pass to move Pokemon. I bought a 1 month sometime last year and did the same here. Also, don't forget to turn off automatic renew. Tho Nintendo and Sony can't have that up anymore, this subscription from Pokemon which you can see and access on your Nintendo account when you go to the Switch eShop shows that this is on by default. Funny, one would yeah, Pokemon isn't owned by Nintendo but if you can see affiliate subscriptions on Nintendo, you'd think this automatic renew would be off as well like the one for NSO? Strange, just make note of that if you buy a pass back.

EDIT: I looked up and pass just allows you to transfer more than 30 Pokemon a box. I wasn't certain how much was allowed when you don't have a pass. So if you just want the mystery gift Pokemon, you can do it without a pass but if you know your gonna move more than 3o Pokemon for however how time you get a pass for it might be worth it depending how long think you need it. I just got incase I need to make transfer and it's only $3 a month.

https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039615831-If-I-deposit-31-or-more-Pokémon-in-Pokémon-HOME-and-my-Premium-Plan-expires-what-will-happen-to-my-Pokémon-

Edited by DLurkster

So far I’ve been stuck with this error on Switch the several times I’ve tried tonight

I can login to the Mobile app just fine though - dunno if it has to do with the connection though I haven’t had problems before tonight

So pretty much at a roadblock at the moment 

Was looking forward to transferring a Shiny Murkrow over since I. Still. Haven’t. Found. One.

And was going to transfer over a Cascoon so i can get that and Dustox too in my BD Pokédex