Pokemon Legends Arceus: General Discussion Thread

On 2/21/2022 at 11:54 AM, Art_de_Cat said:

Silly question: How long does it take for materials to respawn in a given section for future reference?

I didn't see this till the latest post here.

Probably already figured out as play the game but the respawn of similar to open world games of late like BotW, things will respawn on square by basis of area you occupy at present and can see from a far. I don't know how big the square is but I heard it respawns a few minutes, like 3 minutes. I could be wrong as I haven't time but the hours I am in one biome and return to area thing respawn back so I don't know how truthful the above is.

I'm pretty sure materials and resources respawn after about 30 minutes, unless you leave the area for the village and then go back in which case everything is spawned in regardless of how much time has passed.

I have withheld going to the fifth area as I'm trying to complete the PokeDex for the other four areas first. I finished up with area three and am working on area four now, aiming for alphas of as many unique Pokemon as I can manage. My starter Decidueye also reached Lv 100 and effort level 10 in everything but SpAtk.

Edited by Surge135

Im meddeling in 2nd area, up to four star rank, caught a shiny psyduck, and then a shiny ponyta for an event.  Taught some new moves to a couple pokemon, but then they didnt have them when I went back to area 2.   A little confused on why wisps are not appearing, i got all of the ones from village, but dont see them at night in 1st or 2nd areas.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:27 PM, Art_de_Cat said:

Im meddeling in 2nd area, up to four star rank, caught a shiny psyduck, and then a shiny ponyta for an event.  Taught some new moves to a couple pokemon, but then they didnt have them when I went back to area 2.   A little confused on why wisps are not appearing, i got all of the ones from village, but dont see them at night in 1st or 2nd areas.

They're visible from a decently long distance at night, but in the day time you need to basically be on top of them.

Did all of the 'Daybreak' storyline - definitely going to help some people fill out their Pokedex more/quicker. Came across a Shiny Rowlett during the process.

Got a few of the other sidequests done, but some of the battling ones are going to require a little more work.

Got my third transport and going back to explore other areas to fill in the dex, got a few more alphas on my payroll, Magikarp/Gyrados and Infernape before going on. A little surprised a 2nd camp hasnt activated in the 3rd area despite helping the guy.....

6th star rank now. I did pick up code for arcanine from GS.  They actually ran out of promo cards so had to get code print outs.  Not sure if I will finish every dex page 100%.

Yeah, this game doesn't tell you that not only do your Pokemon can pick up items and get berries from tress, they can break crates and rocks too. Like it is one thing to show in the tutorials you can do that your have a button prompt you can do something near box item or a rock blocking a way to a cave.

I found out either in the iceland or Coronet that you can break rocks with your Pokemon.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, this game doesn't tell you that not only do your Pokemon can pick up items and get berries from tress, they can break crates and rocks too. Like it is one thing to show in the tutorials you can do that your have a button prompt you can do something near box item or a rock blocking a way to a cave.

I found out either in the iceland or Coronet that you can break rocks with your 

Nm, for some reason it didnt register for the walls, weird cause i knew i had thrown pokemon at them brfore...

Edited by Art_de_Cat
Update

The only reason I figured out you could toss a Pokémon at a pile of leaves in the Crimson Mirelands was that I saw an example of them sparkling much like a stone deposit. Without the sparkle denoting a more rare item coming from the spot, I wouldn't have considered tossing a Pokémon at those as I initially thought they were just there to make the area less empty/more aesthetically pleasing while traversing.

Anyway, I got Arceus (whose battle was insane, might I add...) and I acquired the Shiny Charm. I have been having major issues with getting the key feature of the Daybreak update to show up in the area I need to finish the mission/request for, so may I suggest that should anyone start those new missions with Mai that you try to knock out the three massive mass outbreaks before the storm ends. It has been ten trips back to the village with no return of the massive mass outbreak to the Cobalt Coastlands after I only cleared two of the three outbreaks Mai asks for you to investigate.

Heads up with the Daybreak update and the Massive Mass Outbreak.

A strange occurrence, I happen upon. So I am slowly filling up Dex to completion. On the way there, I've been relying on the Space-Time Distortions to catch the few Pokemon I have not caught in there. (I caught a few before I beat the game) I am closing in on just 2 more starters of this game and their evolutions along with a few legendaries to complete Pokedex but I thought to tackle the new update Daybreak, I completed it before the completing the Dex, I slowly realized that Space-Time Distortions are not showing up anymore.

If you look up how Distortions happen on Serebii, before beat the game, if you don't pause your game or battle Pokemon and just either move around or stand still for 10 minutes, Distortions will show up. If you beat the game the same method will happen in 5 minutes. Like clockwork the latter was happening to me before I tackled Daybreak, as I said I complete and now there's no more Distortions.

All is not lost but still wanted to bring attention to this, if you're looking for the starter Pokemon, yo can still find them in the Massive Mass Outbreak, like you previous did in the Distortions. *This part is important to read so I am gonna bold from this point here*If there were any Pokemon that aren't starters or exclusive to the Distortions, you are sort of out of luck catching those few Pokemon. Luckily most won't have this problem till close to end of game, since to play Daybreak you need to near finish the game. So if you have been catching every Pokemon you see, this won't be a problem when the Massive Mass Outbreak replaces the Distortions. I was lucky all I need are the 2 more starters in the Massive Mass Outbreaks, if not I don't think I could complete the dex.

It was just so weird that I was relying on the Space-Time Distortions in late game, I play another mission and it replaces the method I was using and later realize, oh I can still get the Pokemon I need just have to do it Massive Mass Outbreak way. I thought I was going crazy that Distortions are gone suddenly.

EDIT: As of this edit, I am just wondering around the Obsidian Fieldlands and I came across Space-Time Distortion. In this wondering I battle a few Pokemon, less than 20 minutes in the area doing that off and on, one appears. I guess the parameter above is not totally accurate but more like how I was encounter the Distortions before I beat the game, I would be in rhythm in catching and battling Pokemon when I'm in the new biome for the first time. (at least till I get the 2nd biome as it only appears there first story wise) It was weird what I thought to know Distortions happens and all of sudden after Daybreak they appeared to stop for it to appear sort of out of sequence.

Edited by DLurkster

In search of the last legendaries to finally get Arceus, I finally ran into shiny Pokemon in the Iceland. It was a Glameow.

Since gen 5 I haven't been that lucky to get shiny even when I tried so I don't report often when either I try or not but I heard getting shinies in BDSP and this game is easier. Still not certain. I still think I haven't even in BDSP, I know I caught 2 or 3 in S&S. (and that was that dry spell since gen 5 and I didn't even try in S&S to get those)

Finally started the game earlier this evening 

I’m enjoying it so far - really refreshing compared to the other Pokémon games we’ve had in the past

Getting close up to Kleavor

But instead I’m working on other things like the Pokédex in the first area

I really like the Day/Night cycle… though somehow it feels short at the same time

Though for some reason the Mystery Gift code for the Heavy Ball set isn’t working for me even though it should still be valid to use- is it just me? The other codes worked for me, so I’m unsure on this

Also this happened….

????

Edited by Shadow118
59 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Also this happened….

????

Ah yes, I recall seeing that recordings of this when at the launch of Arceus.

Hmm, a few patches later those things still made it thru. I have yet to experience that once in Arceus. Thanks for showing this, I forgot this was in the game and that it even is still there, lol.

When it comes to glitches and video games, it doesn't happen to often to or I'm lucky not to experience really, really bad one.

In recent memory when Sonic Colors Ultimate first came out to Switch I was privy to see all the glitches I've been seeing on the internet on the opposite infamous end is Cyberpunk 2077 on base PS4. That console was notorious for some gnarly glitches, I don't know why but I had really tame ones that I see ppl experience clipping with the person driving you somewhere and ppl going thru elevator door. Not dropping thru floor or literally crashing in the very early days of Cyberpunk 2077 my whole playthru. Those glitches to me didn't effect my overall enjoyment of the game.