Stardew Valley cancelled for Wii U. Coming to Switch.

A half baked Harvest Moon clone? 

Dodged a bullet, there. 

9 minutes ago, Blue.Frog said:

Dying isn't the word, Already dead

There's still people who would have wanted this on Wii u regardless. 

Is that why new games get released on the eshop every week? 

Besides, it was supposed to come out in September. Nintendo released a trailer announcing it and everything. 

There is absolutely a market for this kind of thing, there is no reason why it shouldn't come. 

Hopefully the game gets buried among all the big Switch launch releases. It really doesn't deserve the praise or attention it gets JUST for being a PC Harvest Moon game. 

Rune Factory 4.jpg

3 minutes ago, SuperNintendoPower said:

A half baked Harvest Moon clone? 

Dodged a bullet, there. 

Is that why new games get released on the eshop every week? 

Besides, it was supposed to come out in September. Nintendo released a trailer announcing it and everything. 

There is absolutely a market for this kind of thing, there is no reason why it shouldn't come. 

Hopefully the game gets buried among all the big Switch launch releases. It really doesn't deserve the praise or attention it gets JUST for being a PC Harvest Moon game. 

Oh fuck off would you? It gets a lot of praise and attention because it's an incredibly well made game that was put together with a lot of love and care by one guy. 

But then again you wouldn't know because you're too occupied being a blind fanboy. 

4 minutes ago, ace said:

Oh fuck off would you? It gets a lot of praise and attention because it's an incredibly well made game that was put together with a lot of love and care by one guy. 

But then again you wouldn't know because you're too occupied being a blind fanboy. 

No, the game is just a Harvest Moon rehash.

When you compare it to something like, say, Freedom Planet, which clearly has Sonic INFLUENCES but still manages to be it's own thing, it comes off as rather lazy and uninspired. It's this year's Undertale, basically. 

Also, please keep in mind the game is still coming to Nintendo platforms. I'm not saying this out of any kind of brand loyalty.  The game is simply not very good. 

Freedom Planet.jpg

1 minute ago, SuperNintendoPower said:

No, the game is just a Harvest Moon rehash.

When you compare it to something like, say, Freedom Planet, which clearly has Sonic INFLUENCES but still manages to be it's own thing, it comes off as rather lazy and uninspired. It's this year's Undertale, basically. 

Also, please keep in mind the game is still coming to Nintendo platforms. I'm not saying this out of any kind of brand loyalty.  The game is simply not very good. 

Freedom Planet.jpg

Did you you actually play the game or are you just pulling this out of your ass like I think you are?

It's more of a Rune Factory rehash than one of Harvest Moon.

Which is most of what it has going for it honestly. It frontloads almost everything into the first year, which makes the first year really good but it rapidly becomes tedious afterward. Also the waifus are garbage even counting RF's handicap of a third of them being small children.

It's pretty good but not great.

4 minutes ago, ace said:

Did you you actually play the game or are you just pulling this out of your ass like I think you are?

"You need to play the game to know it's terrible!" 

In this particular instance, I am very confident in saying that I don't need to do so, no. Too many people came forward when the game first game out describing to me how the game isn't all that great, and I believe them. 

I personally feel as if SV fans don't have a whole lot of experience with this kind of game and don't know there are much better alternatives that are even cheaper these days. Harvest Moon SNES, for example, is only about eight bucks on the eshop. 

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

It's more of a Rune Factory rehash than one of Harvest Moon.

Which is most of what it has going for it honestly. It frontloads almost everything into the first year, which makes the first year really good but it rapidly becomes tedious afterward. Also the waifus are garbage even counting RF's handicap of a third of them being small children.

It's pretty good but not great.

Well, I think of HM and RF as being very close sister series anyway, but I agree with you. There's nothing that SV does that RF does not do much better. 

5 minutes ago, SuperNintendoPower said:

Well, I think of HM and RF as being very close sister series anyway, but I agree with you. There's nothing that SV does that RF does not do much better. 

That may perhaps be true, but Rune Factory is a dead series, so all we can do is try to work with the foundation to develop a successor to it. This is probably the most promising thing we've had some far.

7 minutes ago, Sheri said:

"I don't like thing, so it's objectively bad."

Did you come in here just to rain on everyone's parade? Your free to criticize it, but this is being infallmatory to the game and the people who enjoy just for the sake it.

Honestly, he's not doing much different than what people do with some other games.  For instance, Federation Force (and yes, I know the can of worms I'm opening with this one but hear me out) there was a point where people were in the same boat blasting the game despite not playing it or knowing much about it beyond Blast Ball or that it wasn't a "real Metroid" and felt that was more than enough to criticize its gameplay merits on, and they were well within their right despite my disagreements along with few others.  It was pretty much impossible to have a thread discussing the game without it being reduced a dumpster fire of warring opinions.  Even the official thread for people who actually owned and enjoyed playing the game had spots of people doing the same thing.  Granted, that was in another time and at another place but if we're expected to have the same respect for people's opinions on Ninfora regardless of how critical they may be then I think SuperNintendoPower has just as much right to express himself on the matter as anyone else and at the very least he isn't just straight up trolling the game is providing reasons for why he feels the way he does about it. Feel free to disagree, of course.

Not that I necessarily agree with him cause I haven't played Stardew Valley but I'd definitely want to give it a chance and if it's headed to Switch maybe even as an early digital title then I'd be even more compelled to do so.

I don't think Stardew Valley is so hot myself, so...y;

He's free to dislike whatever he wants for whatever reasons he wants, I'm not saying anything about that. But he came running out of the gate with an inflammatory tone and completely discrediting people enjoyment of it.

Him saying it's being over rated just because it's a PC Harvest Moon is not just a critisim of the game, but also a critisim of the people who enjoy the game, if it was intentional or not is irrelevant. The tone came off as self-righteous and thinking of himself better than others because he didn't like a thing they did.

Also-

1 hour ago, SuperNintendoPower said:

It's this year's Undertale, basically. 

He knew what he was doing. This is clearly bait.