Hall of Origin - N4A Chat Thread - January 2022

14 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Okay, with most of the Halo games done and under my belt, it's finally time for me to tackle Halo: Infinite. Halo 3 and Halo: Reach are my favorite of the series. 

Infinite is excellent. I'm actually working my backwards. I played Infinite, then Guardians, then downloaded the MCC to play the others.

22 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

As much as it breaks my heart to say this...

Hatsune Miku provided the voice for Yuri Lowell, Snow Villiers, and Joel from The Last of Us.

Had to see what the scandal was... promoting NFTs...ehhhh.... 

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm into crypto and believe in it (the main ones at least), but I think NFTs are the dumbest things. 

1 minute ago, Tyranogre said:

This isn't just an ugly MSPaint drawing of a monkey.

It's an AI voice algorithm that aims to one day completely replace the need to hire voice actors, putting them out of work.

As a voice actor himself, he really should've known better.

Ohhhh, my first search results were just "promoting NFTs" and saw that.

interview with starbucks on tuesday
no interest at all in working at starbucks but their insurance kicks in after 3 months and they cover like all trans shit
and ffs and bottom surgery are way outta my reach otherwise
it sucks though, cause i love my manager and most of my coworkers in my section at work, and that's never happened before
and learning cake decorating stuff has been really rewarding so far
it's not a forever job anyway, but just sad

23 minutes ago, April said:

interview with starbucks on tuesday
no interest at all in working at starbucks but their insurance kicks in after 3 months and they cover like all trans shit
and ffs and bottom surgery are way outta my reach otherwise
it sucks though, cause i love my manager and most of my coworkers in my section at work, and that's never happened before
and learning cake decorating stuff has been really rewarding so far
it's not a forever job anyway, but just sad

Get the job at Starbucks, wait for your insurance to kick in, finish your transition, then quit and go back to your current job.

Just now, Tyranogre said:

Get the job at Starbucks, wait for your insurance to kick in, finish your transition, then quit and go back to your current job.

haha, maybe. unfortunately recovering from all of that also demands more money saved to take time off work and a host of other difficulties.
so unfortunately it's not something i can do so quickly.
i may end up also staying at starbucks for the fact they cover tuition at a big uni; my current job only does that under certain fields.
basically me leaving was inevitable, but it's sad to be going through it regardless

Edited by April
8 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

So I heard Credit Card options for the Nintendo 3DS and WiiU will no longer be available as of the 22nd. What does that mean now? 

You'll still be able to add funds to your account via your Switch, and use them on the 3DS/Wii U eShop; you just won't be able to add funds via the 3DS/Wii U eShop directly. Alternately, you could also buy eShop gift cards for yourself and redeem them using your 3DS/Wii U.

The eShops themselves aren't going anywhere (not yet anyway); you'll just need to jump through a few extra hoops to buy stuff from them.

Finished re-downloading TF2 and now have Sound again  so that’s good

Also doesn’t look like i need to reinstall Sprays or Skin mods i have which is nice

Also, it looks like C9 is moving from Steam/Webzen to VFUN

With a bit of headache I managed to update my Webzen account 

Apparently it was still tied to my Yahoo E-Mail because i kept trying to use my ProtonMail E-Mail to recover/reset my Password on it…

That was a bit annoying…

But working on how to figure out how to migrate that stuff over while it’s downloading/installing

Got my C9 account migrated over

Sweet.

Looks like everything's there

Guess i can uninstall it from Steam now, then…

Been a few years since I’ve played this…

actually, there’s several mmorpgs I haven’t played in awhile - not sure how many of them might be worth jumping back into nowadays…

Edited by Shadow118
20 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

Got my C9 account migrated over

Sweet.

Looks like everything's there

Guess i can uninstall it from Steam now, then…

Been a few years since I’ve played this…

actually, there’s several mmorpgs I haven’t played in awhile - not sure how many of them might be worth jumping back into nowadays…

FFXIV. Endwalker. ... (This is also my reminder that I have YET to defeat Heavens... *checks* Heavensward.)