Hall of Origin - N4A Chat Thread - January 2022

Why would they bother putting actual effort into Gen 9 when SwSh proved that they can break sales records by taking a huge shit into Switch cartridges and calling it a day? The simple truth of the matter is that the multi-billion-dollar corporation has learned that they can get away with cutting corners because little kids will still ask mommy and daddy to buy the games anyway, just because it says Pokemon on the box. There is basically zero chance of this franchise ever getting any better.

i've always generally liked the games too but like pokemon has always been the most rehashy of nintendo's franchises
it has always been the same game in slightly different dressing

and the sentiment has always been like "god i wish game freak/TPC would do more with pokemon. it's always neat when other devs get their hands on the franchise and use some of its potential for a change" since like the NS1 era
i'm not trying to imply there's no reason to complain but also wondering where y'all found higher expectations to begin with lol

Finally finished downloading Eve Online

Still don’t know what I’m doing, honestly 

But doesn’t seem like it plays well when using a Personal Hotspot though sometimes…

Mainly downloaded it because i was interested in that Doctor Who crossover event… granted I’m not sure how early i can tackle that stuff though…

And I noticed i put the name SHadow118 and not Shadow118…

I don’t know how I noticed that spelling error before… but checking the nane a availability when making a new character i guess it wouldn’t have mattered much?

Thinking up names isn’t really my strong suit… most times I default to Shadow118 or Shadow if available

Been a bit of a trend/habit since the original Nsider when the original Nintendo forums were still around 

6 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

The only thing worse than being stuck with a username you came up with when you were 16 is trying to come up with a new one when you're 30.

just try looking up popular baby names from when you were born and-
wait, wrong name advice y;

yea it's super hard gl
i made my recent new one a pun on my name in japanese, but then i've already used a different one for some things since then lol

Messed around on the name thing again on a second character slot and for some reason _ is an illegal character but - isn’t 

But looked like Shadow-118 was available so guess that’ll have to do

I’ll pick it up again in the morning- have some research to do because some things I’m still not understanding…

Man, this tutorial stuff in Eve Online is confusing - would be nice to have a bit more detail so i know what i'm doing and where i'm specifically supposed to be going - have had to use guides for some actual direction so i have some sort of direction... because i've been pretty clueless so far

On that note, after waiting 10 hrs from starting the deletion, i deleted and remade my second Shadow-118 character last night.... mainly because i skipped the beginning tutorial like a derp... thankfully you can reuse names, at least

_____

And spent 11 hrs downloading an Immersive Creatures mod for Skyrim.... turns out i downloaded the wrong version so looks like i'll be spending hours downloading the one for SE

______

Also been getting into Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Masters.... well, the Solo stuff anyway so far - Haven't touched the multiplayer stuff yet, so no idea how well that is

Can get a decent amount of Gems through missions... had over 9,000 but up to 8,750... bought a few packs here and there, the two structure packs and one of those companion mate things

So far it seems like it's a LOT easier to get Gems than in Duel Links considering changes they made at some point (granted, i think it looks like you can also purchase gems, so there's that as well)

Just... need to make sure i don't end up spending them all at once on random packs or other things all at once

….. apparently there’s a button on the Agent Missions that warp you to the exact location 

That…. would’ve saved me a lot of trouble and headache instead of warping around aimlessly trying to figure out where to go…

____

Just remembered but even though I’m unfamiliar with 90% of the cards that exist and have no idea what cards work with what, but my familiarity with the cards from the Anime only go from the original series up to some of 5D’s…. Not that I recall watching every single episode of those series offhand.. might have to catch up on those so I’m more familiar with that stuff 

I’m not really familiar with anything beyond that, honestly 

In the Solo mode i was messing around with the Pendulum Structure Deck and those are kinda fun to mess around with when you know what you’re doing

Xyz cards are pretty simple to understand as far as I’ve messed around with

Edited by Shadow118

Well that happened

I think just as i was about to turn the duel around too…

And with the help if guides on YouTube, finished up the Exploration tutorial 

Now to go back because i started the Mining tutorial mission and i have no idea which Astroid Belt I’m supposed to get Tritanium from.

At all.

No… wait. I got confused and was mixing things up

I just need to get more Veldspar and reprocess into Tritanium

Need to figure out how to reprocess  that stuff though…

Edited by Shadow118
9 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

nimzo2.png

How the fuck do I beat this fucker? I've tried using Hero, Son, Sancho, and Debora, casting Insulate and Kabuff, but he keeps using Disruptive Wave before I get the chance to Oomph everyone!

Nvm, killed him.

Now to do the post-game and get pissed at that, too! educate;