Hall of Origin - N4A Chat Thread - January 2022

22 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

I know nothing about the lore of League of Legends and I really enjoyed Arcane. Great storytelling and honestly probably worth watching for the animation alone.

Oh I was the same way. I don't even know LoL characters, let alone lore. 

The animation was absolutely superb.

Couple nights ago spent about 30-1 hr on a single player server for one of the two TF2 Passtime achievements 

It’s questionable on whether it was worth doing just for one achievement and a hat

But it’s one more achievement down, I suppose so there’s that - the other Passtime achievement is a bit more tricky since it involves multiple players and I’m unaware of any servers running the map for it…

Also finally started Skyrim after 2 years (?) when i bought it on sale….

I’n not really sure if some of the mods are even working but some of them seem to work

Don’t know how much I’d be able to do anyway - only so much storage available to use and think i might be already low as it is…

Won’t be able to do any heavy modding until i get a High end PC at some point

Edited by Shadow118
On 1/18/2022 at 6:21 AM, Eliwood8 said:

I know nothing about the lore of League of Legends and I really enjoyed Arcane. Great storytelling and honestly probably worth watching for the animation alone.

Same here. I know nothing about League, but really enjoyed Arcane. 

So I’ve been finding out the difficult way that I’m definitely not prepared for some of these quests/sidequests at the moment - trying to figure out which quests I’m able to do is a bit tricky… been bouncing around on some of these

Man, there’s a lot of things to do in the game - haven’t even touched some of this stuff

Many of these enemies are a bit stronger than I anticipated… really going to need stronger gear and weapons…

And a lot more leveling up so i can increase my health/magic/stamina more

Though on the bright side, found a in-game mod that replaces the spider models with Foxes, and that apparently works so I won’t have to worry about mildly being uncomfortable and 

Also found a mod that enables achievements while using mods - wish i knew about that before i started

Granted at some point I’m going to have to replay part of the beginning because i missed out on a few achievements, i think?

Also wonder if there’s any more mods i could add that adds more Nature/Creatures in the game… going to have to look around 

But i finally bought that house in Whiterun so finally have a place to stash a lot of this crap… always have this problem in games like this where i like just taking everything that i can… well, aside from not stealing anything anyway 

Need to get a lot more gold though… might have to look around on YouTube- I’m sure there’s quite a few money making guides out there considering how old the game is…

On that note, reminds me i haven’t played Fallout New Vegas in quite awhile…. I forget where I’m at in that game, though - also bought the DLC on sale at some point so there’s that too - should get back to that at some point

Haven’t touched Fallout 4 aside from making sure it ran on my laptop properly - want to focus on one Fallout game at a time….

Maybe I’ll consider getting 76 at some point when it’s on sale, i think I’ve seen it on sale a few times on Steam 

Started warming up again yesterday and looks like most if not all snow has melted now from what i can see

Also looks like Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel is out now for free on Switch so looks like I’ll be downloading and checking that out… going to take awhile to download though

Been awhile since we’ve had a good mainline Yu-Gi-Oh! game….

Not sure if it’s considered a mainline or spinoff, but after awhile i found Duel Links a bit tedious and a bit of a headache to keep up with… dropped and uninstalled that after quite awhile 

Also started a new Skyrim file to get some achievements i think and might’ve missed

Decided to check out and go with a Female Khajiit just because they look cool

all those leaks for Legends actually made me MORE likely to buy and play it.....before I was still pretty firmly in the camp of 'there's just not enough here to inspire me' but the leaks make it look pretty fun y; 

i still think the game looks graphically like shit though so if i do buy it i'm really still hoping the gameplay loop gives it a leg to stand on 

18 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Does it count as a spoiler that Monolith supposedly helped work on it?

idk how that could possibly be a spoiler, haven't they helped w previous games and only helped out in an 'assisting with assets' way? y; 

plus it doesnt even have anything to do w the game lol