Video Games Finished in 2022

EH_STEVE

Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch): Completed the main story, post-game, and Ultimate Arena Z. Technically only at 96%, but the remaining 4% is locked behind RNG.

Excellent jump to 3D for this series. Would love to see a follow-up on this formula to see what other copy abilities could work in 3D.

4/21- Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade for WiiU 

A great game. Now to play Hector Mode. Not sure if I'll follow this up with playing Sacred Stones, my first adventure into the series years ago.

Played Hector Mode. Man, what the heck, Nergal!

5/8- Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater for 3DS

I defeated in on Extreme Difficulty. Got nothing but the wrong title for I was going for. Kind of a waste of my time. Still, fun game, even if it was maybe too hard by the end of the game.  

5/23- Kid Icarus for Nintendo Switch! 

Spoiler

Kid Icarus Uprising is hands down one of my favorite games of the last decade. It introduced me to Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, and a whole lot of characters based on Greek Mythology, had a great soundtrack, had an interesting gameplay, and had a great sense of humor, especially the breaking of the fourth wall variety. Still, I played it without touching the other games. Because Game Boy sequels and spinoffs aren’t viewed as well as their Nintendo counterparts, except for some cases like the Mario and Zelda games, I don’t plan on playing of Myths and Monsters any time soon. After having a bit of a bad time with a certain other series, I decided to throw caution to the wind and play Kid Icarus. Since Kid Icarus is the first game, how much did I have to adapt to less hardware?  

Kid Icarus is about Pit. Not this Icarus fellow. He’s an angel, lives up above the clouds, and is a servant to the goddess Palutena, the guardian of light. Palutena and her dominion Skyworld (or Angel Land in this game) have been taken hostage by Medusa, the ruler of the Underworld, and her goons. Pit has also fallen down to the depths of the Underworld. It’s up to Pit to return to Skyworld and save his home and his goddess. I love this story, because it is simple. And, I love Greek Mythology.  

Kid Icarus is an NES game, so its simple design and black background can be a little bit forgiven. There are a few gripes I have with the art direction, such as some platforms that don’t make sense with this one of this game’s unique mechanics. It’s also a HAL Laboratory NES game, so there’s screen tearing and slowdown when there’s too much going on the screen. (This also happened with Kirby’s Adventure, and I think these are the only games that have that problem.) The character design is something else, though. Among the cast are flying eyeball monsters, the reapers and their annoying servants they call to kill Link, and the annoying eggplant men that make Pit an eggplant if they touch him with one. The level design is something else, too. Pit travels the Underworld, the Human World, and Skyworld; and the second one, instead of being a down-to-top platformer, is a left-to-right sidescroller world. There’s different enemies for each world, too. As for the music, the Underworld theme is iconic to most people who have played Super Smash Bros. Brawl and beyond. The other world themes and the labyrinth theme are really good too.  

In this game, Pit travels through three different worlds to reach Palutena. Like I mentioned before, each world has a different direction of where to go. By the way, if it seems like there’s no place to go up, just go right or left to the end of the screen. Pit will appear on the other side. Still, be careful, since some platforms don’t seemingly connect. Pit will also face a variety enemies, so he’s equipped with only a bow at first. Since the shooting isn’t automatic, the player will have to repeatedly press the button to shoot multiple arrows. Some enemies will take more hits, like the Reapers. But, there are some ways to take care of these harder enemies. There are doors all around these worlds, and some include: 1) a room with pots that house hammers and hearts (and these creatures that stop the collecting); 2) a room with a shopkeeper that sells various wares, like the drinks that refill health and the hammer; 3) a room where a man gives Link an upgrade to the power of his arrow; and 4) a room that has Pit dodge and destroy various flying... books or tiles in order to get a weapon. The hammers are one-shot weapons (that also free the centurions in the labyrinths), and the weapons help Pit but need Pit to upgrade his health. Other rooms house nose enemies, while others include a spring that recovers Pit’s health. A few are just bogus. After Pit destroys enemies, hearts will appear for a while. These hearts are used to buy items found in the shops. Some items are expensive, so saving those hearts is a must. Some enemies drop different hearts worth five or ten times the amount of one normal heart. At the end of three levels, Pit will upgrade his health.   

Then, Pit enters the labyrinth. All the power he gets during the other levels will be gone until he defeats the boss of each. He has to search the labyrinth to find the boss. But, it won’t be easy, since enemies, especially those eggplant men, also appear here. Still, those healing spring and shop rooms are around there too, and the shop includes a pencil and a torch to help with navigation. Those items cost a lot, so… enemy grinding it is. As for the eggplant men, Pit won’t be able to attack while he’s an eggplant, but there are rooms that are hospitals and there are nurses that will return Pit back to normal. Pit will also come across these weird statues, but with one swing of those hammers will free a centurion. These centurions kind of help with taking down the boss of each labyrinth. There’s three worlds, so there’s three labyrinths and three bosses each. The bosses themselves… are kind of easy and simple; except for maybe the second one, because all it does is bounce around in an arc, and its only weak point is its head. Defeating each nabs Pit one of the Three Sacred Treasures.       

So, yeah, this one of my favorite moments, so heavy spoilers here:  

After Pit acquires all of the Three Sacred Treasures, which include angel boots to make him fly, a shield to protect him from projectiles, and a stronger bow and arrow, he will enter the final level. The level itself is an automatic left-to-right sidescroller level, like the airship levels in Super Mario Bros. 3. Pit will once again shoot and dodge in order to reach the final boss, Medusa. Medusa is kind of a pushover, because she is a stationary boss and only attacks where Pit is going and not where he will be; but attacking her isn’t easy, because shooting arrows at her eye drops the shield for a moment and her attacks don’t have much room for a counterattack, and some dragons spawn and try to attack Link in the same manner as the second boss. About twenty or so arrows to Medusa’s eye defeats her and returns her to her true powerless form. Pit then finally meets Palutena herself, and Skyworld is returned to her former glory. The end.  

There’s a few things I don’t like about this game. One death: game over. Back to square one. Some of the jumps and platforming is really, really difficult. One fall: game over. I think Pit has a similar traction and momentum problem like Mario before him. I know it’s an arcade-like game, but this came out a year after Mario’s debut. Other games around this time included multiple lives, and checkpoint systems. (If there’s a password system… I didn’t use it. I used the Switch’s rewind feature, which allowed me to beat this game under two hours.) And if people are complaining about Pit’s death due to falling, despite being an angel, there’s a reason for that logic. He can’t fly on his own, and Palutena herself can only grant him that. Plus, does it look like he has wings in this game? 

Kid Icarus is a hard but really short game. And, that’s not really a bad thing in this case. This game has charm and a great sense of trials and accomplishment. My gripes aside, I’m glad I finally played this game. It made me appreciate the roots of a series that barely gets any screen-time. The last game, Uprising, was released a decade ago! I’m glad I finally got to enjoy this series. Still, Uprising might be the better game. It’s so fun.   

(Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World are fun games too. If you couldn’t tell, I’m showing a little bias because of my background.)

5/28- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for Nintendo Switch 

Spoiler

Ever since Kirby’s been on a roll in recent times, I’ve been meaning to take care of some of his  best games. One of them was my favorite childhood games, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. I’ve played this a lot when Nintendo 64s were everywhere in McDonalds. A few years ago, I also beat the game. But, I never really defeat the true final boss and get the ending. How does this game hold up? 

The beginning actually starts with the demo. A planet, known as Ripple Star, is happily inhabited by fairies. A dark force made out of literal darkness begins to take over the planet. Although everyone panics, the queen sends a young female, Ribbon, away to escape the planet. Ribbon takes and rides on the only means of destroying the darkness: a crystal; but parts of the darkness catch up to her. The darkness not only sends Ribbon flying off the crystal, but the crystal shatters into 64 pieces. Kirby is having a nice time relaxing, when a shard and Ribbon bump into him. Ribbon explains what happened, so Kirby agrees to help him. Other players in the story that don’t do too much are a Waddle Dee, Adeleine, a painter that can somehow make her works real, and King Dedede. 

Kirby 64 has a great vibe all around. It was the first Kirby game to use 3D models, and everything still holds up to this day. It’s so wonderful to look at too. The music is one of Kirby’s best. I always love the Ruins, Quiet Forest, and Above The Clouds ones.  

Kirby 64 is still fun to play, even if it was a small transition to the 3D era. Even though the backgrounds are 2D, Kirby never changes planes, thus coining the gameplay “2.5D”. Kirby 64 was the first to introduce Ability Combinations. Like, if Kirby mixed the Ice and Electric ones, Kirby becomes a refrigerator that throws out health items. Not all of them are useful and fun to use. Also, because this game’s collectibles are the Crystal Shards, some are “hidden behind” walls that can only be retrieved by using the right ability or combination. I did find that backtracking to be a little annoying, but the game is possibly shorter without that. My only other complaints are that most of the enemies and bosses are too easy to finish or don’t do much action, how throwing abilities works, and Kirby’s slow walking and running speed.

I once defeated this game without ever reaching the true boss. I don’t like it when they’re locked behind a collectible system or through other lengthy means. 64’s Crystal Shards are an example. But, what changed this time is that I played it on a convenient system that takes care of some that gripe. I finally went against the final boss, 02, and defeated it. It’s not too hard compared to the normal final boss, but it’s very annoying to move around the stage, because the directional movement is tied to the D-Pad, not the analogue stick. 

I once more appreciate Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. It gave me the motivation to get closure with it and a few other Kirby games I needed to work on. 

6/3- Punch-Out for Nintendo Switch 

This game has basic and yet difficult gameplay and controls, with 80s stereotypes ahoy; but has very good music, animations, and an iconic protagonist and sidekick team. It's just okay. 

6/3- Super Punch-Out for Nintendo Switch

An improvement over the last game in terms of gameplay and animation, but the music is less memorable, it now has 90s stereotypes, and it lacks a good protagonist. It's just okay.  

6/5- Ninja Gaiden for Nintendo Switch 

I kind of like The Messenger more.  

6/8- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy’s Kong Quest for Nintendo Switch

I finally 102% it. I can see why so many people like it, even if I just think it’s okay. I just didn’t grow up with it. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Earthworm Jim 2 (NSO): Funnier and more creative level design than the first game, but at the cost of a less consistent gameplay experience. Only a few levels are based around the standard run-and-gun platforming, with the rest of the game consisting of single-level gimmicks.

• 3 weeks later...

4/29: God Eater 3 (Switch)

Kind of a big gap, was doing pretty good with getting through games earlier this year then wen over two months without adding one. It is what it is I guess, didn't help that I started about 3 different games that didn't really click so never finished them. Which makes it kind of funny that the game that did click and I finally beat was God Eater 3, but I'll get into that below. As always, spoilers is being used mostly just to save space. I'm not gonna go into specific plot details or anything. Though even if I did I don't think people would really care, but again more on that below. 

Spoiler

God Eater 3 is an... interesting game for me to do a "thoughts/review" on. Looking at it's average score on metacritic and reading reviews, it has fairly mixed to mediocre scores.  But what makes it weird is that I totally get it, which is why I bring up the reviews in the first place, but I also personally loved it. I suppose everyone has at least a game or two, if not a handful of games that weren't super well received that still manage be personally favorites and God Eater 3 might just have to be one of those for me. God Eater's basic gameplay loop is kill monsters, called Aragami, harvest their parts and craft new weapons and equipment to kill harder Aragami. If that sound familiar, it's because it's Monster Hunter. That's not to say it is a "rip off" or doesn't have it's own identity, but it's impossible to talk about without drawing the comparison. 

God Eater 3 suffers from focusing a bit too much on story, while not having a very great one. I enjoyed the characters but it's a shame the plot they inhabited was pretty generic, very "anime" plot. Not the first time I've enjoyed characters but no the overarching plot (looking at your Fire Emblem Fates). But still one of the weaker parts of the game. Especially when considering missions were pretty short so sitting through cut-scenes and doing rounds of conversing with characters often lasted longer than the actual fights. Some familiar names in the voice cast though, which I think helped make the characters more endearing even when the overarching plot was pretty weak.

Visually I enjoyed God Eater 3. Not pushing the envelope on a technical level by any means,  but I enjoyed the aesthetics and character/enemy deigns. Lots of fanservicey characters here too, something I didn't mind but worth mentioning to those who view it as a turnoff. Like many modern action RPGs there is a player avatar. Customization isn't as robust as I'd like, but I still ended up liking my characters pretty well (about midway through a second play-through). One of the biggest differences from Monster Hunter is there is no "armor." Power is tied to weapons and a few other areas, but appearance is completely aesthetic, something I enjoyed personally as I didn't encounter situations where I had to choose between liking my look or power, or just waiting for when "layered armor" becomes available before I could actually feel happy with my look. 

The combat and gameplay is of course what really won me over. Though fights are short, they are pretty fun and a good variety of enemies. The basic controls are more universal than weapons than Monster Hunter. The basic kit for all 8 melee weapons is light attack, heavy attack, devour attack and special attack. The special being the one that makes the biggest difference. Where customization comes in is the various ways to affect your moveset. In addition to the melee weapons loadouts also include a gun and shield. How players choose to mix these 3 can make fights feel very different. Even larger than the melee weapon, gun and shield combo is the burst arts. Burt arts are abilities that are enhanced when in "burst mode" which is maintained by the devour attack that is basically stealing energy from the aragami. Ideally it's up most of the fight. 3 abilities can be augmented this way, one of each slot being "ground, air and step" attacks. While it does cause the combat to revolve around the augmented abilities it also makes it so even two players using the same weapon may feel pretty different, and lets players customize the moveset in a lot of ways. 

The end result is some pretty fun and neat monsters to fight, with a moveset that can be tweaked to a large degree for players. As a huge fan of Monster Hunter it's not surprising that a similar gameplay loop would appeal to me, but even so I was somewhat surprised by how much I liked it. Certainly not a GOTY or favorite of all time contender. Some of it's flaws are very visible, but it's issues didn't stop me from enjoying it quite a bit. Probably also helps that I bought it on a heavy discount, and had gold points available. So for about $6 I have a game I've already put over 80 hours into. Kinda hard to complain at that point, but I wouldn't recommend it to everyone.  

No idea what comes next. Still actually putting a decent amount of time into God Eater 3 as I'm about midway through my second playthrough. I often do a male and female playthrough for these kinds of games. Thinking about picking up Kirby and the Forgotten land, but not really feeling anything for certain. With Xenoblade 3 coming soonish I also have toyed with starting the first two and finally getting into that, but with Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak coming at the end of June I don't know that I'd jump on Xenoblade 3 right away. 

Edited by Igneous42

I've finished so few games recently that I've got games from April to update on:

- The Cruel King and the Great Hero (Switch)

Really cute little RPG but the pacing is so tediously sluggish that I was almost falling asleep at times while playing.

- Pictooi (Switch)
I'm always down for nonogram puzzles but I have to say, Pictooi is missing a lot of the quality of life features that I've come to expect. It's just nowhere near as polished as the Picross games. The super long load times aren't doing it any favors either.

- Skul: The Hero Slayer (Switch)
Don't love how damage-spongy the enemies get in the last area of the game, even with upgraded skulls and decent items, but overall a good Roguelike.

- The TakeOver (Switch)
I appreciate trying to mix things up a bit with punch and kick attacks as well as combos, but overall it's a pretty bland side-scrolling beat 'em up.

- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Switch)
The hardest part about finishing this game was dealing with the crashes and glitches. For how repetitive LEGO games already are I really did not appreciate having to replay levels.

- Triangle Strategy (Switch)

Love a good strategy game, and this is a great one. The demo may not sell everyone since it's kind of slow—understandable since it's the first few chapters of the game—but once things get going it's a fun ride.

- Arise: A Simple Story (Switch)
A sweet and sad little game. The gameplay hook of manipulating the environment/time makes for a solid puzzle/platformer.

- Tandem: A Tale of Shadows (Switch)
Some fun puzzle design but boy what a strange art style and story. The ending is just odd.

- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5)
I liked the story and the gameplay in general, though battles were awfully repetitive. Still fun though.

- Treasures of the Aegean (Switch)
Like the premise, but the execution left me wanting a bit. The inherently repetitive gameplay loop just felt tedious after a while.

Is beating Galaga's 255th stage really defeating it? Sure, there's no fan-fare, and it just repeats, but that is the final level in some cases? 

Still, for how novel it was, Galaga is just boring to play for two hours using SaveState and StageSelection Options (Namco Museum). Nothing really changes, and there's no bosses. I know this was an arcade game, but a big mother ship would've been something different. 

• 2 weeks later...

- Nobody Saves the World (Switch)

Fun form-swapping premise that ends up being extremely addictive when you're trying to complete every possible form quest.

- Panzer Dragoon Remake (Switch)
I can see why this would've been a hit back in 1995, and it's a decent rail shooter, but I'm also glad that I only spent two dollars on this game.

- Shantae and the Seven Sirens (Switch)
Good stuff. Kinda easy since healing items are so easy to get, which may also be the reason why bosses are such damage sponges, but still a fun game.

- Watch Dogs 2 (PS5)
The Watch Dogs games aren't anything amazing but they're still a decent hybrid of GTA and Assassin's Creed. It was fun to run around in San Francisco too, even if the map is insanely condensed. Writing wasn't great, the pacing of the story and its emotional beats were totally disjointed, but eh, sneaking around causing mayhem with hacks is fun.

- Freshly Frosted (Switch)
Very cute, cozy puzzle game with a lot of fun concepts. Well-balanced too, it really gives you time to learn each new concept before ratcheting up the difficulty.

6/19- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge for Nintendo Switch 

Spoiler

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time was the only TMNT game I’ve ever played and defeated before this game. (And it’s the only reason to buy the Cowabunga Collection). The brand never really had stellar games, except for maybe the arcade games and their ports. So, when a 2D Sprite Beat-‘Em-Up successor came about thirty years later... I was excited as all heck. This is what the series deserves: a good classic brawler. So, within a day of getting this game, I beat it. And here’s my experience. 

Shredder’s Revenge is about Shredder taking over New York City, as usual, with the help of his Foot Clan and other devious subordinates. Of course, the Turtles are there to stop him. What I don’t really get about this game is why it’s called Shredder’s Revenge. It’s not like he died and came back in a new body before this game, or there’s any mention of the Turtles beating him up before the story. The game is about the usual TMNT shenanigans. Despite the title, and odd mentioning of this “revenge”, this game’s story is right out there out of a usual TMNT-style cartoon. Because of that, this game is also really short, but in a good way. But, the Turtles aren’t saving the day by only themselves this time. Joining the fight are Master Splinter, their rodent master, April O’Neil, a human journalist, and Casey Jones, a human vigilante with a Jason Voorhees-inspired look. The game also makes lots of references to its source material, including some characters I’ve never heard of, like the Punk Frogs or whoever they are. The only character I didn’t see sadly was Karai, but that’s my 2012 Nick series bias showing a little bit. This game was mostly a love letter to the 90s cartoon series. But, I could’ve sworn she was in one of the fighting games. Anyways, my little gripes and nitpicks aside, the game has a fun and charming story. 

Shredder’s Revenge is a nice homage to the 90s games. The animations and movements are spot-on, and the game looks amazing. Although the game takes place mostly in NYC, each location is unique and vibrant. This game didn’t need to be a retelling or sequel to Turtles In Time, and I am fine with that. The voice acting is also incredible in the delivery. Many of the actors from the 90s cartoon appear in this game. Though, I never did find out who played Shredder in this title. Whoever did it did a fine take on James Avery’s classic voice. The acting is cheesy, but that’s part of the series’ charm. As for the music, it’s not as memorable as Turtles In Time’s, but… Tee Lopes made another great soundtrack that sounds 90s as all heck. And some of the Wu Tang Clan helped out too, it seems. It’s a weird time to be a TMNT fan. 

Shredder’s Revenge is a continuation of the gameplay Turtles In Time had. It even brings back the “throw-enemies-at-the-screen” attack, and there’s even a callback boss. The game also tells the players how to do all of these moves, which is nice. Each of the seven playable characters might have different stats and weapons, but they play nearly identical in terms of attack animations. But, what the game introduced to the series are super attacks and the RADICAL state. After a bar is filled by hitting enemies, players can use super attacks unique to each character, even if some supers are similar in range and movement. The players can also fill the bar by taunting, at the expense of being hit. The RADICAL state only can happen when a player fills three super bars. In this state, attacks and combos hit more. While less practical against bosses, this helps with enemy swarms. While these ideas might not be exclusive to this game alone, they’re a welcome addition to this series’ beat-‘em-up games. But, this game only starts each character with only one bar to fill. How did they get more bars? By leveling up. By defeating more and more enemies and bosses, characters can not only get more super bars, but can raise their health bars, their number of lives for each stage, and the variety of their super moves. This reminds me of River City Ransom, and Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, but the level ups are more natural, than just buying items to become stronger. … I almost forgot: like Scott Pilgrim, the player can also revive downed players before their pizza counter goes to zero. The revived player only gets about a quarter of health, but that health means a little bit towards beating the game. I only got a game over once during the final battle. There are also a few collectibles scattered across the stages, and their owners will give the players some… points. And, I think a better ending screen. But, I mostly played this game to have fun and get my characters stronger. The game has online and local multiplayer up to… six players. I think that’s a record somewhere. There are some glitches here and there during the beginning of the stages, but getting to another player’s story progress is short and easy. I’ve also rarely experienced lag of any kind.  

Shredder’s Revenge is fun. Although the only true reward of defeating the game is getting Casey Jones, this game’s progression system makes this game very enjoyable. The game is also challenging and fair. In my eyes, this game far surpasses Turtles In Time in terms of how insanely fun it is, even if Turtles In Time is more well-known and is regarded as a true classic. I highly recommend getting this game. 

6/23- Sonic The Hedgehog for Nintendo Switch  

Even though this game laid the framework of what Sonic could become, most of its levels do not complement Sonic’s abilities and are total pace-breakers, the bosses are just all over the place with the difficulty and/or forgettable, and there’s no real incentive to beat the game 100% like other Sonic games. The only noteworthy things about this game are Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Green Hill Zone, and the great music. Sonic The Hedgehog is a decent game, but its sequels in the classic trilogy are much better.    

6/23- Sonic CD for Nintendo Switch 

It’s like Sonic The Hedgehog but with a creative idea that falls face first in execution. It has a great opening and ending AMVs, two distinct soundtracks, Amy Rose, Metal Sonic, and Stardust Speedway. However, Sonic CD has a time travelling mechanic that does not fit with the level design, ideas and enemies that just annoying, a worthless ability that Sonic ditches for the better super spin attack, and levels that are bigger versions of Sonic The Hedgehog levels and/or more like set-pieces than actual places that would actually be on a planet. As for the bosses, they are definitely more interesting, but are way easier than Sonic The Hedgehog’s (except for the Metal Sonic race). The special stages are unique, but I swear something about the hit detection or depth perception is off.    

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the middle of Sonic 2. Got them chaos emeralds. It's a good thing the Origins Collection has a great restart option for them and the stages, because holding onto 50 rings in these games are atrocious, and Sonic The Hedgehog 2's special stages are just annoying. I got many coins to cheese them over and over again, but therein lies those half-pipes' problems.  

And, yes, some of Sonic 3's soundtrack is completely different. This should confirm HIS involvement in the original's now. 

------------------------------------------------ 

6/24- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for Nintendo Switch 

A great game that has a problem with the special stages and every level after Casino Night Zone. Still, it has great music and better level design, and gave the series Tails and Super Sonic. 

6/24- Sonic 3 & Knuckles for Nintendo Switch 

Even with the music replacements, the other songs are just as good. Most of the levels are amazing, the transitions from acts are smooth with the variations in music, Knuckles is a great new addition to the cast, getting the Chaos Emeralds and Super Emeralds is a lot more satisfying and rewarding, the new shields are fun to use, the save feature is from heaven, all of the music is great, most of the bosses are great, the special stages are the best of the series, and the story is better and more engaging. It has a few problems, like a few bosses, and some of the latter stages. But, I think it's still the best of the series. I waited patiently to play this game again, and it was worth it. 

Even if Origins' Story Mode doesn't have a save feature, at least getting coins to restart the special stages are easy to farm. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
On 12/31/2021 at 9:32 PM, purple_beard said:

6/27 Shredder's Revenge 

*coop

Great homage to the tmnt beat em ups of yore.  Great homage to the original TV show.  While I still prefer Don, I really want to check out splinter, April, and Casey. Actually,  I want to check out the other turtles as well.  I think one notable  miss is usagi yojimbo(sp?) and maybe the female turtle.