Official Gen 7 Shiny hunter thread

7 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

I might do some shiny hunting in X in the Friend Safari, but that only works when friends are also online is that right? Need to clear out some people I only had for Turnip selling and some I added to fill out my Friend Safari but it seems like no one on my friends list plays X/Y while online anymore. Good thing is I have two Friend Safaris that have Eevee which is my real target.

They needed to have been online at same time to unlock the third pokemon for that area.  Otherwise you dont need them active.  Unless you....used game in a different system with different friends to do self trading....

• 2 weeks later...

Did a shiny pokémon team run in OR comprised of Umbreon, Espeon, Trapinch, Electrike, Squirtle and Chimchar a couple weeks ago w/ a rented copy from Gamefly, doing the same thing in AS this weekend w/ a team of Charmander, Mudkip, Chikorita, Gastly, Mew and Nidoran M. Right now have most at stage 2 w/ Nidoran all the way to Nidoking after I traded over a Moon Stone to evolve him at lv 23. Would anyone be up for trading to evolve my Haunter into Gengar? I can do it myself but if anyone wants the dex entry for shiny form of Haunter/Gengar just let me know, discord might be easier for contacting me since I have that on an open tab all the time.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

I think I will give up before it happens but I have made it to Lugia in Silver and will try SRing for a shiny one cause a Shiny HA Lugia sounds great if I can add it to my collection.

Same. I have a shiny standard ability Lugia and would love to get a HA one for battling purposes.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I just forgot but I have a shiny Jirachi in Black version and it isn't being blocked by Pokémon Transporter, maybe the fact is that it is the CHANNEL Jirachi though I don't know a lot about which legendary pokémon are legit through certain means. Don't know if I want to move it out of Gen 5 though it serves no purpose being stuck there. I've put a pin in hunting shiny Lugia for a while, might start going for shiny Ho-oh in Gold since I have made it through everything.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice find on the shiny Kecleon! Don't give up on the Eevee. It'll show up eventually. Sometimes those sob's are stubborn.

Still hunting for a shiny Cyndaquil in Silver and started up a shiny hunt for a shiny Totodile in Gold. Got a couple on Ultra Sun via Wonder Trade. I think that they're hacked though. A shiny Landorus and a shiny Arceus. Not gonna dump em :P.

Yeah, not giving up on Eevee yet though I would be happy enough if I could get the glitch to make pokémon shiny in G/S on VC to work. I actually got one glitch to work that changes a pokémon into a different pokémon following a youtube vid, but when I tried to change it to shiny nothing happened(I don't normally do that kind of thing but felt like at least trying it out).

18 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

Yeah, not giving up on Eevee yet though I would be happy enough if I could get the glitch to make pokémon shiny in G/S on VC to work. I actually got one glitch to work that changes a pokémon into a different pokémon following a youtube vid, but when I tried to change it to shiny nothing happened(I don't normally do that kind of thing but felt like at least trying it out).

Ah. Heard of the Gyarados one via R/B/Y I might try out.

24 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

It's a different one than that, won't go into the full details but it was simple to do once I got the steps right.

Ah I see. So it's one where you can get any Pokemon you want then?

Edited by Doc Brown

Had to recheck the characters for the box names since you have to name them bizarrely for the glitch to make a pokémon shiny and have gotten it to work, though I know they are not legit shiny status I did a trade w/ one of my Crystal VC files and turned Totodile shiny so I could play through w/ it being that way(soloing w/ my starter and Feraligatr is the best for it). Too bad you don't see shiny status in the Gen 2 pokédex.