Official Gen 7 Shiny hunter thread

1 minute ago, Dancing Mog said:

What did you use to find the timing for the pokémon and what version was it in? I remember doing a ton of this in Emerald using a site that wasn't even in English, problem I had was every shiny pokémon had the same nature, Naïve.

I downloaded and used RNG Reporter v9.96 to find seeds and times.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:39 PM, Dancing Mog said:

It doesn't really belong here but I got a shiny Igglybuff from the Odd Egg you can get in Crystal, will have to evolve it and remove any new moves so I can trade to one of my R/B/Y files then move it to Pokémon Stadium 2.

Why not just move it directly from Pokemon Crystal to Stadium 2?

Dead battery so save file wouldn't be kept if I tried to power off and plug in to Stadium 2, doesn't matter anymore since SP battery died back on Sunday night so I lost all the data. I'll probably try to replace the battery at some point so if Crystal doesn't get released on VC alongside G/S eventually I have a copy I will be able to move pokémon over to Stadium 2, possibly will do my original G/S cartridges depending on the price if I find a place that can do it for me.

45 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

Dead battery so save file wouldn't be kept if I tried to power off and plug in to Stadium 2, doesn't matter anymore since SP battery died back on Sunday night so I lost all the data. I'll probably try to replace the battery at some point so if Crystal doesn't get released on VC alongside G/S eventually I have a copy I will be able to move pokémon over to Stadium 2, possibly will do my original G/S cartridges depending on the price if I find a place that can do it for me.

Oh sorry to hear that.

My Gold and Crystal both died recently so I feel your pain. I bought a couple of replacement batteries off ebay for a couple of bucks each and replaced the batteries myself. I also got a mega memory card so I never have this problem again (unless the memory card fails on me or something).

I still have my Mega Memory Card that I would use to get one starter, put it on Stadium 2 then reload that file to pick a different starter. It can get messed up and erase the cartridge file so be careful. I had a maxed out file of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone for GBC then I wanted to back it up but my file got wiped instead. The soldering is the part I wouldn't trust myself on since I don't really want to chance and mess something up, might be able to ask one of my brother's but my oldest bro is really busy right now and the other lives in Tennessee though he may be coming up in mid to late July to visit. Still had some of my old saves from before my Gen 2 batteries died then I accidently selected reset data which erased all the backups, which really wasn't a lot though I did back up my Gold when I had pokédex completion of around 230+ then moved all pokémon and items to Stadium 2. Also had a Gold backup of all three starters and since I abused the cloning glitch to no end, almost endless TMs and had taught Totodile Ice Punch at lv 6.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a nice haul over the last month. Nicknames are in quotation marks. Arrows (->) denote they were evolved to the Pokemon listed.

Voltorb -> Electrode "Mythbusters"

Magnemite -> Magneton "Valkyrion"

Magnemite -> Magnezone "Berserkion"

Zapdos "Raikage" (RNG Manipulated in SoulSilver)

Sandshrew ♀ "Toph"

Sandshrew ♂ -> Sandslash ♂ "Daruk"

Shuppet ♀ "Socky"

Meditite ♂ "Omi"

Meditite ♀ -> Medicham ♀ "Chi-Chi"

Vulpix ♂ "Naruto"

Vulpix ♀ -> Ninetails ♀ "Kurama"

2 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

Some nice shiny pokémon there, congrats. Anyone try the Cute Charm method for shiny hunting? Apparently if you get really lucky, the chances are 21% you encounter a shiny pokémon each time but it depends on how close you ID and SID are in a Gen IV game which is the only one where it works.

Wow. Never heard of that. I'll have to give it a whirl sometime.

Been watching a youtuber and it took him so long to even get it right, will have to be extensive in my research to know how to do it and I may do it in my Pt file if I can transfer over everything I don't really want to lose since the speed is so much better than D/P or I could buy a used copy of HG/SS if it was cheap enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Was going through my files recently and some of the shiny pokémon I have caught myself, I can't even remember that moment when I did so though some are memorable like when I hatched a shiny Bagon(now Salamence though she has a really bad nature but not one that really negates being useful) or my shiny Abra(chucked an extra MB I had transferred via Poké Park even though I think a Quick Ball would have been just as good) and one of my luckiest was the shiny Pkachu from the Safari Zone. I feel like to accompany this thread there should be one that lets you tell stories of your memorable catches/hatches of shiny pokémon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might do some shiny hunting in X in the Friend Safari, but that only works when friends are also online is that right? Need to clear out some people I only had for Turnip selling and some I added to fill out my Friend Safari but it seems like no one on my friends list plays X/Y while online anymore. Good thing is I have two Friend Safaris that have Eevee which is my real target.