Official Gen 7 Shiny hunter thread

How long does it often take people to find a shiny? As I noted in another thread, I spent over four hours a few days ago trying to grab a shiny Cubone using the supposedly better SOS method, yet only managed to catch a headache from staring at that small screen. I swore off trying again and went with a regular Cubone. Can't say I'm enthusiastic about giving shiny hunting another go.

Nice catch :) do you have the shiny charm? what method did you use? (if any)  

@namevah, four hours over the span of a few days doesn't sound like much.  I literally just spent like an hour trying to find a Pichu which has a 5% encounter rate :v  so yeah, shinies require *a lot* more time 

8 hours ago, Blackout said:

Nice catch :) do you have the shiny charm? what method did you use? (if any)  

@namevah, four hours over the span of a few days doesn't sound like much.  I literally just spent like an hour trying to find a Pichu which has a 5% encounter rate :v  so yeah, shinies require *a lot* more time 

Random encounter, no charms.  Raising team members before elite 4.  I like how salazzle had its hand up in the pic.

12 hours ago, Namevah said:

Actually, it was likely closer to six hours in a single night, but point taken. I'm pretty sure I lack the patience for an activity such as this.

6 hours a night is pretty impressive. Should be popping up any time now,  keep going. 

@art you're living the dream

15 minutes ago, Lance's Dragonite said:

Cool. I didn't even bother with regular chaining that much as I sucked at it. Might give it a go this time.

With this method you're basically guaranteed to get one with wits and persistence. Just make sure your chain doesn't struggle out, and you should do fine. ^^

Also, bonus effect, Pokemon from long chains can have a hidden ability, and from what I hear it will have 4 guaranteed perfect IV's.

17 minutes ago, The Guardian Lycanroc said:

With this method you're basically guaranteed to get one with wits and persistence. Just make sure your chain doesn't struggle out, and you should do fine. ^^

Also, bonus effect, Pokemon from long chains can have a hidden ability, and from what I hear it will have 4 guaranteed perfect IV's.

Yea that should be good. As long as I have Pokemon with attacks that are around 20/35 per or so.

1 minute ago, Lance's Dragonite said:

Yea that should be good. As long as I have Pokemon with attacks that are around 20/35 per or so.

It's easy to get an abundance of PP restoring berries with Pelago too, but I meant the Pokemon your chaining! From my understanding a Pokemon successfully calling for help is more likely when their HP is low, so I've been using false swipe to knock them down to 1 HP... So it's important to occasionally switch up which Pokemon in the chain you keep alive.

Just now, The Guardian Lycanroc said:

It's easy to get an abundance of PP restoring berries with Pelago too, but I meant the Pokemon your chaining! From my understanding a Pokemon successfully calling for help is more likely when their HP is low, so I've been using false swipe to knock them down to 1 HP... So it's important to occasionally switch up which Pokemon in the chain you keep alive.

Cool. Yea I remember doing that with old school chaining. Switching them out. Highest chain I got was 42. No luck from it either :\. I have a similar move on Munchlax, Hold Back. So I've been using that to get harder to get Pokemon lately.

Caught my first shiny a few minutes ago. I was trying to look for Slowbros through SOS battles to try and steal a Kings Rock, but found a shiny Slowpoke instead. I'm glad I payed attention to the new shiny sparkle at the beginning, because the only real difference I noticed from a shiny and a normal Slowpoke is the shiny one was a lighter pink. It also has Regenerator, which I think is it's hidden ability. 

Spoiler

IMG_0629.JPG