Official Gen 7 Shiny hunter thread

14 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

Had to recheck the characters for the box names since you have to name them bizarrely for the glitch to make a pokémon shiny and have gotten it to work, though I know they are not legit shiny status I did a trade w/ one of my Crystal VC files and turned Totodile shiny so I could play through w/ it being that way(soloing w/ my starter and Feraligatr is the best for it). Too bad you don't see shiny status in the Gen 2 pokédex.

Now I'm curious as to if they'd go through Pokemon bank ok.

They go through fine as I turned a number of pokémon shiny last night and transferred them over. I'll have to get a legit Celebi from the Crystal event for it to register in Sun/Moon or I just use one of my codes I got for getting G/S on VC last year as I used a glitch to change a pokémon into Celebi but when I moved it into Gen 7 it is not in the Alola dex(though maybe I haven't gotten the dex I need for the rest of the pokémon).

1 hour ago, Dancing Mog said:

They go through fine as I turned a number of pokémon shiny last night and transferred them over. I'll have to get a legit Celebi from the Crystal event for it to register in Sun/Moon or I just use one of my codes I got for getting G/S on VC last year as I used a glitch to change a pokémon into Celebi but when I moved it into Gen 7 it is not in the Alola dex(though maybe I haven't gotten the dex I need for the rest of the pokémon).

That's awesome! :) 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Dancing Mog said:

Two shiny pokémon obtained through wonder trade on Valentine's Day and one more just now. The best of the three is a lv 20 male Kirlia w/ a Jolly nature holding a Dawn Stone, the other two are a lv 100 Lurantis and a lv 60 Heliolisk.

Nice! :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is something rather stupid, the odd egg pokémon won't go through for the transfer even though they are legit shiny baby pokémon. Wait, I feel dumb cause I just remembered they can't have the Cross Chop egg move they all hatch w/ cause y'know stupid reasons from Nintendo. Is that the Lake of Rage shiny everyone gets or is it actually a random?

On 2/26/2018 at 11:16 AM, Dancing Mog said:

Here is something rather stupid, the odd egg pokémon won't go through for the transfer even though they are legit shiny baby pokémon. Wait, I feel dumb cause I just remembered they can't have the Cross Chop egg move they all hatch w/ cause y'know stupid reasons from Nintendo. Is that the Lake of Rage shiny everyone gets or is it actually a random?

Sadly LoR.....I have a better one in main games so may just keep it here.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did some random Shiny hunting today and found and caught a shiny Teddiursa in Pokemon X. Working on a shiny Ditto hunt and a shiny Gyarados hunt. It was nice to have the shiny drought in this game end.

Annnd I just got a second one! XD This time a male.

Finally broke free from the Teddiursa streak and found a shiny Audino.

And it's back! Got a third Teddiursa! lol

Edited by Doc Brown
  • 3 weeks later...

I lucked out during this month's community day. Got 3 shiny Eevees, evolved one into a Vaporeon and the other evolved into a Jolteon. Making the third one into a shiny Umbreon. 

Also finally ran into a shiny Ditto after 3/4 year hunt in Pokemon X. Named it Blueberry. Also caught a shiny Ponyta and a shiny Charmeleon.

Edited by Doc Brown