Nintendo Switch - Your Year in Review

nintendo-switch-year-in-review-2021.png

Details:

12 games played (8 games last year)

192 hours played (125 hours last year)

1st - Skyward Sword - 60 hours (Hyrule Warriors with 89 hours last year)

2nd - Mario Golf: Super Rush - 43 hours

3rd - New Pokemon Snap - 35 hours

Hours by month:

image.thumb.png.5ece97791f9aeca20b310d194951a019.png

Most Active Day -  July 19th - 11 hours of Skyward Sword

122 Hours Docked - 40 Hours Handheld

450 Gold, 1110 Platinum Earned

Edited by EH_STEVE

FGl73KVXEAwo42V?format=jpg&name=mediumImage

FGmDdWfXoAQ66cX?format=jpg&name=medium

FGmDnOZWQAUfafo?format=jpg&name=medium

I'm kind of disappointed that Metroid Dread didn't make the list, though it literally came out the same day as Tetris Effect! I've been waiting for TE to hit the Switch ever since it was announced for PS4 back in 2018, so...

Also, Metroid Dread would have been my fav. game of the year if we didn't get Tetris Effect on Switch. As much as I love Metroid Dread, Tetris Effect won because it's literally my dream puzzle game, and THAT MUSIC!!!... IS SO GOOD! ^_^

Edited by alienboyva

18 games, 904 hours, and to no one's surprise, my most played game was Animal Crossing: New Horizons clocking in at 505 hours! I took like a 5 month break when I got extremely bored of the gameplay loop, only coming back at the 2.0 update, but for reference, last year it clocked in at 1058 hours. O_O

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics rolled in at 2nd place with 178 hours (I play Spider Solitaire exclusively lmao.....its just a fun time waster when I'm catching up on youtube vids)

and at 3rd place is BOTW, with 96 hours and counting! I restarted sometime at the beginning of this year when we purchased the DLC, forgot about it entirely 2 Divine Beasts in, then jumped back into it hardcore a few weeks ago. y; 

Small honorable mention to Skyward Sword HD, too, for being a far and away 4th place, at around 40~ hours. What a great game! Even now, I can't stop thinking about it...Maybe I'll replay next year. flower; 

Most played month: November, at 192.....not surprising, between a LOT of animal crossy and botw

Least played month: June....with 1 hour?! What the hell was I even doing?! 

Most active day: Thursday, November 11th.....12 hours of NH......I feel a twinge of guilt even admitting that.....

Last year I logged in 1415 total hours on our switch, so my break from NH this year really took quite a chunk out! My average daily playtime with it has definitely decreased, even with the DLC/new content. Hopefully by next year I'll have a fuckin job again, and these numbers can see a sharp decrease as I go back to being a normal member of society. :P But in the meantime, its been a fun year for games.

Happy holidays, gamers!

Would of been helpful for anyone to post the link to get this information, I'll post for anyone to look up their Switch information: https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

Anyways, my stats:

nintendo-switch-year-in-review-2021.thumb.png.7cf287a770fc78f3f4816c2ff4aa291c.png

The runner up games from Ultimate is Persona 5 Strikers at 98hrs and Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin at 85hrs. Not surprised by MHS 2 but slightly surprised with the amount of hours for PSS, I do remember playing that game for a while but not almost 100hrs worth. I guess that is the Persona effect. BTW my first Persona game, tho not officially a Persona game, tho a sequel to Persona 5 game. Last year Ultimate had 305hrs as the most played.

Sunday October 3rd I played 12hrs of NEO TWEWY, most hours I played a game this year. I don't not remember this day but I do recall playing NEO a lot that month. Last year was on June 22nd at 10hrs, I believe that was the Pokemon expansion pass with S&S the first one, Isle of armor.

Honestly I underestimated myself thinking I played docked 60% and undocked 40% but the breakdown is like this: 829hrs docked and 66hrs undocked. I do say it depends on the games release the year that the percentage may change so I shouldn't be surprised by that count.

Earned 3,825 gold coins. Definitely know how accurate that is, I always know how much gold coins I have. It goes up more than the expired coins so even despite that, they got a good use out of the NSO Expansion Pack with the proted rate discount. I'm under 1000 gold coins currently at 615 coins. Earned 3,550 platinum coins, I don't pay attention to this like I do gold coins. They are so easy to earn than gold coins and are easily spent as well so you add that with expired coins, I'm not surprise I'm at 80 platinum coins currently.

I need like 1500 to get the Zelda Phone ring and the holographic Metroid Dread poster. 500 platinum for the phone ring and 1000 for the poster, respectively. As I said, it is easy to get Platinum coins. I haven't played all the chapter in FE Heroes and I earned them fast there.

Edited by DLurkster

nintendo-switch-year-in-review-2021.thumb.png.0fdc170577cf24027c9866683420634c.png

My numbers are down quite a bit compared to last year, but there were more real-world activities opened up in 2021 and I started a new job that's more time-consuming. Still, I'm kind of surprised I never cracked 100 hours on Monster Hunter Rise. Part of it might just be that Rise is so much easier/faster than previous MH games with a smaller variety of quests so I finished up an endgame weapon/armor set much faster.

nintendo-switch-year-in-review-2021.thumb.png.bc2f6bfc1a315e08c9a031d95ef4edf3.png

- Games played up from 15 in 2020 to 26

- Hours played down from 463 in 2020 to 302

- Top 3 Most Played of 2021: Pokemon Sword at 93h, Ring Fit Adventure at 39h and Metroid Dread at 36h

- Most Active Month: March

- Least Active Month: August

- Most Active Day: Sunday, October 10th with 7 hours into Metroid Dread (2020's Saturday, March 21st - Animal Crossing very likely)

- 146 hours in Docked, 156 in Handheld/Tabletop (2020's preferred was also Handheld/Tabletop) 

- Favorite Switch Game Played: Ring Fit Adventure

- Favorite Switch Game Released: Metroid Dread

IMG_E3934.thumb.JPG.01ab4a493608511ab036aad03e57c400.JPG

It's very obvious that the lack of Metroid games on Nintendo Switch caused a sharp decline in my play activity leading up to Metroid Dread. My lowest active month is August at 4 hours and then my third lowest is September at 6 hours. After an October spike to 32 hours, playtime dropped to 13 hours in November and currently at 5 hours this month. Metroid Prime Hunters is the reason for that decline. Earlier in the year, I had a spike of 77 hours in March I believe due to enjoying SM3DW+Bowser's Fury, shiny hunting in Pokemon Sword (+ began playing in Crown Tundra) and playing Ring Fit Adventure. Times got more than halved in the following months when I got Pokemon White 2 and began shiny hunting in that game. That then leads right into the decline out of Metroid Dread anticipation. I know from my New 3DS XL records that Metroid: Samus Returns is my most played in July and then Federation Force is for August. 

Edited by Ithrak Utopia
  • Chrom featured this topic

Here is mine:

s5i01i2.png

5eZW9Gm.png

fgkeeCv.png

ubbkQJ1.png

yTsIroW.png

bOs56Et.png

Link to the gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/KQCBcuK

It seems lower for me because it is lower due to not playing much after work this year. A majority of my YouTube content this year is mostly from recordings last year or earlier this year minus and Mario Kart and Smash. I have gotten a ton of games this and near the end of last year but have yet to boot them up to play. Smash is up there because of the Smash Saturday sessions going to almost 3 hours almost every week. DBZ Kakarot is up there since I played it in my own time (as recording overall gives me restrictions), I'm a big DBZ fan and I was enjoying the heck out of it that weekend it released. I don't remember what I was playing on April 8th last year.

The favorite game that I put was A Hat in Time. My first "Cooldown Saturday" stream game that spanned 3 separate sessions and a fun 3d platformer.

• 4 weeks later...

@DranSeasona: Intriguing. At those who said and posted here, have played more hours undocked than docked. Lol, was your docked play for Xenoblade Chronicles DE?

For me to play games in handheld, it's got to be a in and out and a RPG, a short RPG one, maybe an indie like or sometimes just a indie game. I can't or for some reason can't play most or some games out of the category in handheld.

39 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@DranSeasona: Intriguing. At those who said and posted here, have played more hours undocked than docked. Lol, was your docked play for Xenoblade Chronicles DE?

For me to play games in handheld, it's got to be a in and out and a RPG, a short RPG one, maybe an indie like or sometimes just a indie game. I can't or for some reason can't play most or some games out of the category in handheld.

As a matter of fact, yes… mostly. lol :P Other than that, a couple hours worth of docked play was playing Mario Kart 8 with my kids and (occasionally) my wife.

My living situation just doesn’t lend much to docked play, most of the time. It was like that prior to the Switch’s launch, as well, which is why this console quickly became my all-time favourite. :) Being able to play all these amazing games despite not having reliable access to the television for long stretches has made my gaming experience last a lot longer than it otherwise would have.