Hope's Peak Academy - N4A Chat Thread - December 2021

24 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Okay, so the only game announced for anything Nintendo in Jan. 2021 is another Poke'mon game in technically the same region.

So, Husui Underground then?  

Hall of Origin.

That's where you encounter Arceus.

Or at least it would be, if GameFreak were competent enough to actually release the Azure Flute event.

We can always go the punny route and called it Breath of the Wild Pokemon or something y;

i literally know nothing about arceus other than it's apparently open world Pokemon

-------------------------

I think I'm in a weeb mood or something. Started playing Danganropna a few days ago now that it's on a handheld system I own and just finished class trial 3 in the first game. I've managed to avoid spoilers for these games somehow, beyond knowing not-Kawaru is very gay for not-Shinji in the second game. On the anime side, started watching Lupin III, starting with part 1, because I apparently like watching old anime for some reason; will probably watch it alongside some newer series once 2022 season starts. And lastly, back to reading manga on futekiya because I apparently have no trouble going through BL whose names I can't remember after finishing than I do reading the latest hot new shonen series.

Edited by Stephen 776
Just now, Stephen 776 said:

I think I'm in a weeb mood or something. Started playing Danganropna a few days ago now that it's on a handheld system I own and just finished class trial 3 in the first game. I've managed to avoid spoilers for these games somehow, beyond knowing not-Kawaru is very gay for not-Shinji in the second game. On the anime side, started watching Lupin III, starting with part 1, because I apparently like watching old anime for some reason; will probably watch it alongside some newer series once 2022 season starts. And lastly, back to reading manga on futekiya because I apparently have no trouble going through BL whose names I can't remember after finishing than I do reading the latest hot new shonen series.

honestly no value in watching or reading new things just for the sake of their newness other than being part of "the conversation"
but like the last thing i generally wanna do is talk to an average weeb so y;
yea who cares when anything was released

The big reason I'm lining up some new series is just because while I am enjoying Lupin III, it also feels very episodic so far and hard to marathon. So I'd like small commitments to break it up, so just one new episode a day seems nice.

Currently on my 2022 watchlist is Sasaki and Miyano (I've read some of the manga so know I'll enjoy this one), Platinum End, The Case Study of Vanitas, Love of Kill, and Requiem of the Rose King. I'll maybe throw the usual sports shonen nothingburgers in there as well--apparently we have futsal and badminton this season. theydonothing;

13 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Oh god, nobody told me Dragon Quest V was the one with the Pokemon!

Now I have to keep a checklist of every monster in the game because my OCD compels me to recruit them all. anhero;

Don’t get any of the slimes. They’re a horrible statistical nightmare to get. That’s what ruined that game for me. That’s why I hate DQV.

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
3 hours ago, April said:

honestly no value in watching or reading new things just for the sake of their newness other than being part of "the conversation"
but like the last thing i generally wanna do is talk to an average weeb so y;
yea who cares when anything was released

It was so nice to get off the seasonal train...

• Chrom locked this topic
  • Chrom unpinned this topic