Retro Systems and new/modern tvs

Who has worked with hooking their old systems up to tv's that only offer HDMI?

What solutions did you use?

In my prior tv set up I had Composite/S Video/Component Video/HDMI options and via my receivers capabilities I was able to take my NES, SNES, and N64 into the receiver and come out on component cables to my tv.  My new TV offers HDMI only.  I am not replacing my receiver anytime soon as its too nice and functions properly.  I got a component to HDMI conversion adapter and it works ok...   Just wondering if anyone had better solutions.

I bought one of these things to hook my PS2 up to my HDMI TV. You plug the red, yellow, and white cables into the matching sockets that connect via other cable to the main “box”, which then connects via HDMI cable to your TV. The socket cables are long enough that if I wanted to, I could unplug my PS2 and hook up my Gamecube instead. However, I haven’t played enough action-heavy games to tell if there’s any noticeable input lag.

I also got one of these things so I can switch between my Switch, PS2, and Blu-Ray player without having to go behind the TV.

12 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I bought one of these things to hook my PS2 up to my HDMI TV. You plug the red, yellow, and white cables into the matching sockets that connect via other cable to the main “box”, which then connects via HDMI cable to your TV. The socket cables are long enough that if I wanted to, I could unplug my PS2 and hook up my Gamecube instead. However, I haven’t played enough action-heavy games to tell if there’s any noticeable input lag.

I also got one of these things so I can switch between my Switch, PS2, and Blu-Ray player without having to go behind the TV.

I got the HDMI switcher already....  its doing WiiU, DVD Recorder, and my receiver's component monitor out converted into HDMI with open slot #4 for anything else I want to hook up like NES, SNES, Genesis, and TG16 minis.... Switch...ect...

I have bought this though:

Amazon.com: PORTTA Component to HDMI Converter with Scaler 1080p 720p, YPbPr + R/L Audio to HDMI Adapter, 5 RCA RGB to HDMI Video Converter for PS2 PS3 PSP DVD Wii Xbox 360 : Electronics

Its the adapter to take the above to my tv.  I checked my Wii feed as its 480p mode, the best signal of the inputs going that way, and the 480p going through all of that to the tv looked kind of off....  granted I get the 480p moved to a 4K tv aspect of it exposing the flaws in 480p resolution.  On prior tv, and without that converter, and input on component video it looked better ...but 32" vs 43"  1080p vs 4K angle can't be ignored....