N4A Secret Santa 2021 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Chrom

Just now, Tyranogre said:

Depends.

I know that the two packages I ordered are arriving so far apart that it's probably going to ruin the joke that I  tried to set up, but if your Santa only sent one package, it should be fine.

I see. I got two from mine. But they came in close together. Just took pics of them and put them aside for now. 

Cool. Thanks.

A big thanks to @Kodiack for the wonderful gifts! They arrived a bit early... but just fine.

Spoiler

20211210_101224.thumb.jpg.d7b79ec23a77e08620904e4fbb107ea1.jpg20211209_133838.thumb.jpg.a9fae7fd54151c065762069da8447a93.jpg

I'll be drinking hot cocoa in the mug. My mom is the coffee drinker in the family. :P Really love the design on it.

Will be starting my adventure in Diamond tonight. flower; Tested it out... to the beginning screen though just to make sure that my US Switch would work with a European game. Happily, it updated ok and works just fine.

If someone could put the pics under a Spoiler tag... that would be great. Thanks! Tried doing it by hand with no luck. anhero;

Edited by Kodiack
Spoilered on request
On 12/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, Kodiack said:

@Doc Brown enjoy! When I was first ordering them the estimated shipping dates were looking pretty grim (i.e. 2022), but then I ordered and it was delivered in a few days haha.

Better than the alternative, that's for sure. :P Have fun!!

Will do! Dang... seems like there's a bit of a back log with the mail. Thankfully it got through to my end ok. Yep.

Definitely! I will. lvhappy;

Just found my box of York Peppermint Patty hot cocoa today, so I'm having a cup of it tonight in my new mug. flower;

Spoiler

My cocoa... all ready to go. 

20211216_181856.thumb.jpg.2a5ac30495ef2356e88c5d6322c521cf.jpg

20211216_184059.thumb.jpg.a0e0d8d529a016efe7abce7eef86843c.jpg

Edited by Doc Brown

As you can tell from my Switch home screen, I've been on a bit of a Dragon Quest binge lately, so it's really nice that @Samus2008 got me XI! Now I just need to get a bigger SD card.

----

...which brings me to the subject of my own packages: According to Amazon, one of the packages I ordered has already arrived at my Tiny Tim's house, with the other being listed only as "pending", going by the tracking number. If my Tiny Tim wishes to open the gifts that they've already received, they're more than welcome to do so; just be aware that there's one more on the way.

6 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

...which brings me to the subject of my own packages: According to Amazon, one of the packages I ordered has already arrived at my Tiny Tim's house, with the other being listed only as "pending", going by the tracking number. If my Tiny Tim wishes to open the gifts that they've already received, they're more than welcome to do so; just be aware that there's one more on the way.

I can confirm that these have arrived! Gotta say it's pretty amusing to have the "NSFW gifts" option used here haha. I'll play these soon.

Spoiler

IMG_0652.JPG

FWIW, one of my weeb friends does have Gal Gun 2 on Switch and showed it to me once. He was incredibly entertained by these two gifts so far, and said he wanted to try Senran Kagura Beach Ball. :P

I'll be sure to post when the other shipment arrives too! Shipping here in NZ has been a bit of a mess these past several months. We've only just come out of lockdown in Auckland a few weeks ago, straight into the holidays heh.

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived this morning. Thank you very much @Tyranogre!!

Spoiler

4ED78749-3268-404E-83C3-750AD6965A2C.jpeg

I've been jamming this on PC the past couple of days and was very strongly considering getting it on Switch as well. Perfect!!

I'm going to let a mate of mine borrow it this week as well. Was saying last night they should get it, so it's a perfect opportunity for them to play too - especially with how much they've been playing on their Switch recently. Good timing all around.

I wanted to do a repeat of that gag I played on @Eliwood8 a few years ago where I put the cover for an embarrassing weeb game over the case for a Switch game that he actually wanted, but it would've cost too much to have the "real" gift shipped here, weeb cover photocopied at Kinko's, and then mailed back out to New Zealand, so instead I decided to spend the extra money that would've cost to get you TWO embarrassing weeb games for real. educate;

• Chrom unpinned this topic