Sinnoh Underground - N4A Chat Thread - November 2021

EH_STEVE

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Every time I see "Pokemon BDSP" I'm just thinking it's a typo for "Pokemon BDSM" and I'm like... noooooo.....

Please just call them Diamond and Pearl. Or "The remakes" as Pokemon DP isn't much better....

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Sun and Moon

I’ll probably get mine. This is probably going to be the worst remake.  

I think it’s because GameFreak are sick of hearing us call for remakes that they’ve been half-butting it recently.  

Think of it: what series have people wanted the most remakes of because of regular gameplay challenges? Pokémon fans will never stop the remake hype train. Are the fans kind of responsible for this? 

But, here’s what the remakes are doing better: battle speed (remember how slow the game was), internet (hopefully with GPS gone), and The Underground (whatever at best in the originals).

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Think I’ll be getting Diamond digitally myself at some point - should do that while i can before those early bonuses aren’t available anymore

Might have to consider getting  Let’s Go Eevee while I’m at it for that other BDSP bonus even though I’m not too keen on some of the decisions they made for it….  Still kinda want to play it, though

Assuming it has Pokémon Bank support available right now, will be able to send over a few duplicate shinies from Go to Diamond, which will be nice (at least the ones that are in the games, anyway)

Not sure on others, but i saw at least one video where people already Shiny hunting/hunted the Sinnoh starters, so that’s kinda tempting…..

On 11/18/2021 at 3:13 PM, Oolong said:

I am once again returning asking if there is a public link to the discord server

i remember there used to be one beside the twitter link i'm pretty sure.
idk what happened to it but i haven't been there in a long time

6 minutes ago, potato said:

I was entertaining the thought of getting them but man pokemon has not aged gracefully into 3D... I'm sure the originals are still better

pokemon has probably aged the least gracefully into 3D as any franchise i can even think of u_u 

pls bring back sprites nintendo......i know you can do it...

I don't think I'll get the DP remakes. Not because I think they're bad or anything--it's arguably my favorite gen and playing through them again seems fun--there's just too much on my plate between League preseason, FFXIV prep, Halo Infinite, and choosing between spending 60 bones on a game I already have or on Mario Party Superstars or 30 on Ruined King.  Too much shit to play in the next few months and I don't have the Pokemon bug atm.

The 3D Pokemon games have been fine, I think it's more systemic of the franchise in general.  Pokemon is a franchise stuck in a terrible place where older fans demand to be appeased to constantly and demand access to all the legacy content, but get upset that the series can't really evolve (HA) or move forward as a result either, and then people bitch about the games being stale.  New features are half-commitments or gone by every new generation so it cycles through ideas that never have a chance to develop or be built around.

As a clown whose entire online persona is named after the franchise, I think the Pokemon fanbase is second maybe to only Blizzard or League in terms of spoiled or toxic entitlement of what to expect from the series.  I've done my best do distance myself, they're fucking lunatics. y;

Edited by Edie Napier
2 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

I don't think I'll get the DP remakes. Not because I think they're bad or anything--it's arguably my favorite gen and playing through them again seems fun--there's just too much on my plate between League preseason, FFXIV prep, Halo Infinite, and choosing between spending 60 bones on a game I already have or on Mario Party Superstars or 30 on Ruined King.  Too much shit to play in the next few months and I don't have the Pokemon bug atm.

The 3D Pokemon games have been fine, I think it's more systemic of the franchise in general.  Pokemon is a franchise stuck in a terrible place where older fans demand to be appeased to constantly and demand access to all the legacy content, but get upset that the series can't really evolve (HA) or move forward as a result either, and then people bitch about the games being stale.  New features are half-commitments or gone by every new generation so it cycles through ideas that never have a chance to develop or be built around.

As a clown whose entire online persona is named after the franchise, I think the Pokemon fanbase is second maybe to only Blizzard or League in terms of spoiled or toxic entitlement of what to expect from the series.  I've done my best do distance myself, they're fucking lunatics. y;

I got it today. 

*plays Final Fantasy V* 

This time to make sure I don’t get bored trying to get everyone every job, like the last f’ing time, I’ll do the four job fiesta thing. Seriously, the f with the job experience and horribly low abp drops in this game?! It’s like the developers wanted this game to be tedious for some reason. Sure, the boss fights are possibly the hardest and most challenging in the series, but it doesn’t excuse the grind. Then again, at the rate I’m going, maybe it could hit FFII’s grind. I have my own personal ranking of FF1-12, without 8 and 11, and perhaps including Tactics, since that’s the best FF spinoff.

Last few days ended up doing some level grinding in Cerulean after getting the first badge and making my way through Mt. Moon - so far been catching one of each Pokémon that I’m able to find

Most of my Pokémon are level 15- had to redo the Rival Battle and Nugget Bridge because my 3DS battery but didn’t lose too much progress 

For having a low encounter rate, was able to find a Clefairy pretty easily at least - grabbed the Fossil so i can get Kabuto later

Doing some research, i can do the Mew glitch pretty early in the game… shouldn’t be too difficult to do, hopefully 

Though really going to have to get lucky with catching Abra though….. remember it being difficult to catch especially with it Teleporting the first chance it gets

Only seen one so far though… might be a bit tricky to get

edit:

caught an Abra on my 4th encounter- that was easier than i thought it would be - guess i was lucky

Edited by Shadow118
On 11/20/2021 at 10:28 AM, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

Endwalker Early access in 13 days let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i'm sure looking forward to it theydonothing;

i haven't even started shadowbringers despite finishing stormblood in quarantine nearly two years ago

Man, playing Final Fantasy V again reminds of the fact that it's one of the most grindy, most boring, and most annoying/unfair games in the series. There's challenging, and then there's sometimes B.S. The job system really kicks into effect... about three-five hours of ABP getting. It has a decent story, has a great and expanded job system, looks and sounds really good, has some good characters, has funny and shocking moments, and has a great... um... forgot what I was going to say here, but I'm always constantly reminded how dull getting to those parts are at times. Why I thought of playing this game again, thinking it would be fairer, when I forgot it's just a REMASTER, is beyond me. 

... Last this year is VI. Hope they don't botch great, great dialogue.