Pikmin Bloom (iOS / Android) | 🌎Comm. Day - Jan 22nd

XSIWL6N.png

Site: https://pikminbloom.com/

Support Community: https://community.pikminbloom.com/

Platform: iOS and Android

Price: Free (In-app Purchases)

Trailers: 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pikmin Bloom (From the devs of Pokémon GO) has started rolling out in Australia and Singapore and is supposed to come to other countries soon. This looks pretty neat and I love how it uses your mii. I'll probably check this out, but IDK how much I'll play it, since I already play PKMN GO. I feel it'd be a bit hard to play both while out and about.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pikmin Bloom (iOS / Android) | 🌼Rolling out now!

my problem with POGO is that it really only long-term appeals to people who enjoy being pokemon trainers...the fighting, the raids, the catching, the collecting, almost none of that i would wanna actually do if pokemon were real, so I have a hard time playing it for more than a few weeks at a time y; 

the pikmin bloom trailer was really vague about what you're actually doing, but it still sounds way more appealing to me than almost anything POGO offers, so I'm really excited flower; i wanna build gardens w my community......

• alienboyva changed the title to Pikmin Bloom (iOS / Android) | 🌼Now available in the U.S. & CAN.!

I added an overview trailer to the OP. Also, if anyone wants me to add a whitelist to the OP, let me know.

So, I walked around my neighborhood for a bit and the game is kinda neat and really cute. I feel like Pikmin Bloom gives you more of an incentive to go out walking than Pokémon GO. With PKMN GO I feel like it's more of, go to this place and do your PKMN TRNR thing (I know PKMN GO has eggs which you need to walk to hatch). There are still some things I don't really understand, like these big plants (the PokéStops of the game) that if you plant enough flowers around them will bloom. I assume this might give you nectar and/or flower petals (have yet to watch the overview trailer I posted). Also, I'm wondering where you get postcards ...? I know that you keep them or send them to friends (like gifts in Pokémon GO) and I assume they come from the big plants "flowers" that you help grow. Overall I like the game so far and it seems I'm the only one in my neighborhood (as far as I can see on the map) that has downloaded the game so far, as I only see the flowers I planted. Oh...I'm not sure if it's just me, but Pikmin Bloom seems slightly more of a battery hog than Pokémon GO.

Things I like:

• Tracking steps without the app open: I can get my steps for Pokémon GO and Pikmin Bloom at the same time.
  • The music: The music is surprisingly good in this app! Nintendo always has the best menu music.
  • Vibration (haptics): I was very surprised when walking around that I could feel a little plop on my iPhone every time I planted a flower.
  • The Lifelog: I love how they've included this. It's such a fun little feature 
Edited by alienboyva

I do and don't like that every players' flowers show up. I like seeing what other players are doing and seeing the world steadily evolve for the game. I don't like though that the creativity that could be had from planting will eventually go away as the game gains more active players. There is a neighborhood nearby that I might be able turn into a flower with flower paths with how good its layout is, and I'm also considering making like an Alimbic swirl symbol at my local park. Doing "flower art" seems like it'll just be potential aspect of the game right now early on. 

3 hours ago, Spring said:

i was really excited for this but i'm not willing to give google even more of my personal information, so the fact that it requires google fit to work properly turned me off entirely y; 

rip flower buddies u_u

It requires Google Fit and the iOS Health app so it can track your steps when the app isn't open. I really think there should be an option to opt out of this like with PKMN GO.  Though, the Adventure Sync (tracking steps when the app isn't open) feature came came a couple years after PKMN GO launched, so...

• Chrom featured and unfeatured this topic
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pikmin Bloom (iOS / Android) | 🌎Comm. Day - Nov. 13th

Flowers seem to expire within the radius of location flowers every 24 hours, and in 7 days everywhere else. I've got a fair amount of white, yellow, red and blue flowers to plant, but conditions outside this weekend aren't the most ideal to go walking around. Late morning Saturday is the only decent time before the wind and rain start to pick up. Thoughts on the game overall, I'm enjoying Bloom more than I do Pokemon Go and more so than I did Pikmin 3, which didn't click with me initially and I've yet to revisit the game. The only issue I have with Bloom is its release timing. Summer with this game would have been great. 

@alienboyva I sent you a friend request. I'm CptJArachnorb. 

Edited by Ithrak Utopia
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get their badge for yesterday's Community Day yet? I know the in-game news article said their might be a delay receiving it, bit I feel I should have gotten it by now (Why don't you receive it right when you complete the goal?). 

If they didn't extend Comm. Day do to server issues I would have not gotten my 10k steps. It was raining all morning, but cleared up and was pretty nice come the afternoon.

2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Did anyone get their badge for yesterday's Community Day yet? I know the in-game news article said their might be a delay receiving it, bit I feel I should have gotten it by now (Why don't you receive it right when you complete the goal?). 

If they didn't extend Comm. Day do to server issues I would have not gotten my 10k steps. It was raining all morning, but cleared up and was pretty nice come the afternoon.

I was wondering the same thing when I hit 10k yesterday. I haven't received any badge that I'm aware of for the Community Day.

Pacing around the house got me to around 4.5k before I went with my family to a local park. I was hoping to get one of the collectible 10k seedlings from there, but no luck. The level up requirements for steps that I'm hitting now I'm no longer ahead of, instead I have more than 10k steps to go for my next level. I'm curious what the rewards for leveling up will be going forward as I do have all the Pikmin types with the exception of Bulbmin, which I don't think are in the current game. 

On 11/14/2021 at 1:59 PM, Ithrak Utopia said:

I was wondering the same thing when I hit 10k yesterday. I haven't received any badge that I'm aware of for the Community Day.

Pacing around the house got me to around 4.5k before I went with my family to a local park. I was hoping to get one of the collectible 10k seedlings from there, but no luck. The level up requirements for steps that I'm hitting now I'm no longer ahead of, instead I have more than 10k steps to go for my next level. I'm curious what the rewards for leveling up will be going forward as I do have all the Pikmin types with the exception of Bulbmin, which I don't think are in the current game. 

Looking at some comments on Twitter, it seems nobody has received their Comm. Day badge yet.

Also, I noticed that all the flowers I've planted in my neighborhood are now gone. IDK, if this is because of the recent server issues, though I would assume they reset after a while. I was wondering what would happen if an entire area (neighbourhood, park, town/city, ect.) got filled up with flowers...? You probably couldn't plant flowers and this would make people not want to play the game anymore, especially newcomers. Aslo, I know that the big flowers reset after a certain amount of time, so... This is most likely why the flowers I planted in my neighborhood are gone.

EDIT:

Edited by alienboyva
On 11/15/2021 at 11:34 AM, alienboyva said:

Also, I noticed that all the flowers I've planted in my neighborhood are now gone. IDK, if this is because of the recent server issues, though I would assume they reset after a while. I was wondering what would happen if an entire area (neighbourhood, park, town/city, ect.) got filled up with flowers...? You probably couldn't plant flowers and this would make people not want to play the game anymore, especially newcomers.

Big Flowers reset in 24 hours. If there are flowers within the radius of a fully bloomed big flower, they too will reset with the big flower the next day. Every other situation I've noticed with flowers has a week expiration on them. If you're planting flowers in a location already with flowers, the planting will be significantly slower and may even stop after the first few jumps (i.e. planted 6, 12, 18 flowers then stops) until you find a less occupied area to plant in or switch the kind of flowers. I've noticed this while trying to cut into planting goals while inside. I do not believe that it will ever occur as it would require a very committed widespread community effort to achieve entire coverage, but if that were to happen Pikmin Bloom could be in trouble for that particular area. Then again though, if the community is that organized and into the experience, I think new players would feed off of that when they open up their game to see what their community has done even if it means that they themselves have to wait to efficiently plant flowers. 

Edited by Ithrak Utopia
  • 4 weeks later...
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pikmin Bloom (iOS / Android) | 🌎Comm. Day - Dec. 18th