Looking back on 10 years of Nintendo Directs (10/21/2011 - 10/21/2021)

The Nintendo Direct prestation celebrates it's 10th anniversary today! What are your favorite Nintendo Direct moments?

I'd have to agree with GX's pic for the best ND moment. It's was really cool that The Jim Henson Co. did Muppets of Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie.  It still blows my fucking mind that Robot Chicken did one of Nintendo's Digital Events for E3. Robot Chicken X family friendly Nintendo. WHAT?!!!! O_O 

My favorite moment has to be the one where Bill is in the elevator and Reggie tells Bill over the intercom to get his body ready for a ND. Then Bill is like but, this an elevator." Then Reggie responds "Yes. I have that power. You can not escape me Bill." :D 

Reggie Nintendo GIF - Reggie Nintendo Bill - Discover & Share GIFs

Even though it's not a ND, this has to be my favorite video that NOA put out (see spoiler below). Reggie's bad acting in this is so good!!!!! Also, don't forget that time Reggie randomly fired Bill. :P 

*IIRC, this was done by Mega 64*

Spoiler

A huge thanks to Iwata for making what these Nintendo Directs what they are. R.I.P. Iwata-san. T_T

Directly to you...from the heavens... | Satoru Iwata | Know Your Meme

Edited by alienboyva

I have mixed of favorite moments and directs.

First with directs and I think this is most ppl favorites, the January 2013 is the direct most ppl asked can it be topped.

The next one and some ppl didn't like how half of this E3 direct was Smash bros but I can say for this one I literally cried at the reveals of characters of this E3 2018 in introducing everybody is here for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. (Oddly enough for with the Smash hype train over, I didn't cry for him but I was emotional in other ways)

What, AB with Mega 64 isn't technically a direct mine isn't either and I going with this moment with another Mega 64 the year prior with Reggie Fils-A-Mech. I thought that was the best horrible acting every for a company that makes video games from Reggie, it was great and priceless. The Donut eating Bill and exercising Reggie was great but Fil-A-Mech takes the cake for me, lol.

• Chrom featured this topic