General Pokemon talk thread

3 hours ago, Carl321 said:

Instead of sitting through an EIGHT MINUTE video could you just type up a short summary?

There's one right on his video.

What he said:

How to Get More Beast Balls in Sun and Moon:
● 1- Make sure you have NO Beast Balls in your Bag in the Item slot/Free Space Slots. If you do have some beast balls, go to your PC, and have Pokemon in your PC hold the extra Beast Balls til you have NONE in your inventory. NOTE: It is a bit faster to place Beast Balls in the Free Space slot in your Bag for easy access).
● 2 - Make sure you have a FULL party of 6 Pokemon, go to Route 2, and go to the Motel and go into the far left door and talk to Looker. He will then give you 1 extra beast ball. 
● 3 - Once you get the Beast Ball from Looker, go to your Bag, and have a Party Pokemon Hold the Beast Ball. Once you have done that, you should have no more beast balls in your bag. Talk to Looker and receive a Beast Ball and repeat the process of having your party Pokemon hold the beast balls. Once you have all 6 having a beast ball, you can have one more in your inventory giving you 7 beast balls in total.
● 4 - Go back to the PC in the Pokemon Center on Route 8 and give all the beast balls to your PC Pokemon and then go back and repeat the process of getting balls from Looker.
● This is a RISE AND REPEAT process and can be very time consuming. However this is a legitimate way to get more/unlimited beast balls in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Edited by Doc Brown
3 hours ago, Mystearica said:

Ain't nobody got time fo dat

^ This. I was doing other things at the time. I only shared the video to be nice. If I had the time, I would have made a summary. But rl is rl, so there's that. And the title mentions what it's about, how to get unlimited Beast Balls. It involves talking to Looker over and over. And besides, the person who made it had a summary about it on the video itself. All you'd have to do is scroll down a bit and press 'read more' to do it that way and not watch the video -- once you start the video, press the youtube button and let the regular page load.

Edited by Doc Brown
7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

^ This. I was doing other things at the time. I only shared the video to be nice. If I had the time, I would have made a summary. But rl is rl, so there's that. And the title mentions what it's about, how to get unlimited Beast Balls. It involves talking to Looker over and over. And besides, the person who made it had a summary about it on the video itself. All you'd have to do is scroll down a bit and press 'read more' to do it that way and not watch the video -- once you start the video, press the youtube button and let the regular page load.

When somebody has an 8 minute video my first response usually isn't to click the video, bring it up in the main Youtube site, and proceed to read the description. My reaction is usually "somebody made an obnoxiously long video in an attempt to up the ad revenue for something they could have said in two sentences so I'm not giving them the click."

"Make Pokemon hold what Beast Balls you have, shove them in the PC, and Looker will give you one more at a time. Make your team hold them. Rinse and repeat." That shouldn't take nearly 10 minutes to say.

That and I have 999 Beast Ball already.

Edited by Carl321
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Why is hidden power such a pain?

It's not.  If you knew how to breed for it before in Gen 4 + 5, I'm pretty sure the same methods still work for Gen 6 + 7.  It's just the base power for the move itself that doesn't change now.

Unrelated:  I think I might actually give February's Battle Competition a go.  Has anyone here ever entered one of them before?

2 hours ago, Ret said:

It's not.  If you knew how to breed for it before in Gen 4 + 5, I'm pretty sure the same methods still work for Gen 6 + 7.  It's just the base power for the move itself that doesn't change now.

I do think Hidden Power could have been done better.  It's stuck at 60bp special move and you have to have imperfect IVs to get the type you want. If I ever wanted Ice hidden power on one of my Pokemon I'd have to intentionally gimp the IVs. Personally I'd much rather have the Pokemon get a randomly-generated Hidden Power tied to that individual. Sifting through 5IV babies until I get the type I want sounds better than trying to get a specific IV total.

1 hour ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Does it matter if you caught all the beasts already? Would he still give one after they are all caught?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll still give you balls.

• 2 weeks later...

After taking an interest in a Lunala Pokémon TCG Set, I decided I wanted to get familiar with the newest generation of Pokémon and began playing Pokémon Moon last night. So far, I've put in 2h 20mins and I'm still being dragged along within the introductory narrative of the game. Right now, I'm about to tour the first city/town with a kahuna's grandson and Lillie. This was one of my larger issues with Pokémon X, too much narrative, so I hope that I'll be allowed to break away from this game's narrative after the town/city tour for at least a while. I know it won't happen, but I would love for version differences in the future to include the extent of narrative implemented.

A minor issue I'm also having with Moon is that I feel like I'm encountering too many female Pokémon...but I do like the type variety early on in the game. I'm the type of Pokémon player that does want certain Pokémon to be a certain gender.

58 minutes ago, IU said:

A minor issue I'm also having with Moon is that I feel like I'm encountering too many female Pokémon...but I do like the type variety early on in the game. I'm the type of Pokémon player that does want certain Pokémon to be a certain gender.

Do you have a Pokemon with Cute Charm in your party? If you do and it is male, then anytime it is in the front of your party you have a higher chance (66.7%) of finding Pokemon of the opposite gender. Based on your location in-game though it doesn't seem like you would have one, but with internet-based trading and specifically Wonder Trade one never knows what you could have in your party at any given time in-game.

• 2 weeks later...

Was training my Xurkitree yesterday in the Poni Gauntlet area and got a random encounter shiny Granbull. Pretty lucky it didn't use Roar right away and it successfully called for help on the first turn. The Roar's used after that just caused my Pokemon to swap out instead of actually force us out of battle.

More training today, and a second shiny random encounter Granbull in just as many days! What are the chances, man?! XD

Edited by Lt. Surge
  • 5 weeks later...