General Pokemon talk thread

1 minute ago, Zora said:

has there been any gamestop events that weren't also mythical pokemon?

The only one I can think of the shiny johto beasts back in gen iv, and even then, that was a bullshit tie into getting Zoroark aka lucario 0.5.

The shiny Sinnoh legend events.

I think there was also a Shiny Gengar event last generation... and maybe something for Scizor? Don't remember fully.

3 minutes ago, Carl321 said:

My friend has an action replay and is tempted to make 999 Gardevoirite, stick them on Pokemon, and spend hours wondertrading them out so Mega Gardevoir becomes so widespread Gamefreak has to make it legit.

I don't think you're allowed to trade items that the game doesn't recognize as legitimate.

You're not even allowed to trade some items that are legitimate. About a week ago I found out that Game Freak is so incompetent they forgot that Bluk and Pinap berries are even in the game; if either is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon could not be traded.

but if you want to make something widespread i could use some lansat/starf berries in circulation since nobody in the world seems to have them

3 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I don't think you're allowed to trade items that the game doesn't recognize as legitimate.

You're not even allowed to trade some items that are legitimate. About a week ago I found out that Game Freak is so incompetent they forgot that Bluk and Pinap berries are even in the game; if either is attached to a Pokémon, that Pokémon could not be traded.

but if you want to make something widespread i could use some lansat/starf berries in circulation since nobody in the world seems to have them

The codes are VERY limited right now because the games are fairly new. No berries just yet. I had him give me a fat stack of cash in game so I could buy all the TMs and he decided to be a snarky butt and give me 999 Lopunnyite. You can't toss them. He asked me to catch him a hidden ability Lurantis. I did, but I stuck Lopunnyite on it so he'd have to be stuck with one to (the joke is neither of us gives a toss about Lopunny).

I didn't know that was a thing, but you know what? It went through. Looks like Megastones are fair game.

Trust me- if berries were available right now I'd have 999 of each so I could dye whatever the heck I want.

Edited by Carl321
Just now, Zora said:

@Carl321

did you keep a copy of that HA lurantis you can breed? Don't care about nature, IVs, or ball; i just care about not spending time in that awful SOS mechanic.

i want to collect all HA's starting on Tuesday (post finals week, which is going to start tomorrow for 5 grueling days), and I'm missing lurantis.

I think @SatoshiKyu still has a few breedjects

3 minutes ago, Zora said:

@Carl321

did you keep a copy of that HA lurantis you can breed? Don't care about nature, IVs, or ball; i just care about not spending time in that awful SOS mechanic.

i want to collect all HA's starting on Tuesday (post finals week, which is going to start tomorrow for 5 grueling days), and I'm missing lurantis.

I hear someone wants a HA version of the most adorable pokemon in existence? I have two still, both adamant and male. No guarantees about IVs, though.

Just now, Zora said:

i do want an HA version. As I said, nature, IVs, and pokeball are irrelevant--i just don't want to SOS for this thing lol.

Yeah it's a real pain, though Contrary is a fairly easy ability to check for. Only took about 20 mins, in the end. My friend code is 2122-5905-0204

I would also be OK with Z-moves being cut in favor of other stuff.  Take Mega Evolution out of purgatory.

Ultimately, I didn't really care too much about Mega Evolution (mostly because I think it would have been better for a lot of the Megas to be regular evolutions and because some Megas just seemed unnecessary), but they're a thing now, and it's a lot harder to pretend they don't exist than it would be to pretend Z-Moves never happened.  Add a couple each generation and make it so you don't have to have eleventy million different stones, and don't use it as a reason not to add new regular evolutions.

--

I think Sun is going to be the first Pokemon game in a while that I'm going to complete the Pokedex, considering there is no National Dex.

I did it in Red, but that was with the use of infinite rare candies.  I don't think I did it in Silver, but maybe.  That file is dead now so I can't check.

I got 384/386 in Emerald, missing only Deoxys (there was never an event near me/I wasn't paying attention at the time) and Celebi (there wasn't an event near me because AFAIK they just gave them away at the Pokemon Rocks America bullshit.)  Still, after 11 years I want to complete that Pokedex without Gameshark.  I could technically get Celebi I guess, but it would take an obscene amount of effort.

Gen IV broke me because of the shitty transfer system with D/P only allowing 6 Pokemon per day.  They fixed that with HG/SS I guess, but it was too late by then.

By Gen V, I had pretty much decided I don't like the idea of having to rip Pokemon out of their previous generations in order to complete a Pokedex.  I'm not sending a unique Pokemon (mostly legendaries/mythicals) through a Point of No Return in order to complete a Pokedex.

At this point, Gen VI would be viable, but 700 is such a big number and I'm not willing to invest the time in it.  Sun and Moon gave me the itch, and 300 is a much more easily attainable number.  I'm already at 72%.