General Pokemon talk thread

I was just playing Pokemon Red last night and caught a lv. 29 Dugtrio. Lucked out with it, since it could have slaughtered my entire team :P . Used my lv. 18 Mew, had him Transform into Dugtrio and then used Dig to try to avoid Dugtrio's Dig attack. Ended up taking out around half of its HP. Then I threw a Pokeball at it and hoped it would go in. It worked and I named it Mudslide.

What have you guys been doing recently in your Pokemon games? They can be any of them from the main series (hand held ones) or from the series as a whole (Shuffle, the Rescue games, Pokemon Colosseum, etc.).

Edited by Lance's Dragonite

I've had similar stories with Dugtrio... once I tried to do a race playthrough of Red and went to get a Diglett to clear Surge and came across a Dugtrio and somehow caught it.  I knew I wouldn't be able to fight it, so I threw a ball right off the first turn and got it.  Went from almost ruining my race to suddenly way far ahead.

21 minutes ago, CCH said:

I've had similar stories with Dugtrio... once I tried to do a race playthrough of Red and went to get a Diglett to clear Surge and came across a Dugtrio and somehow caught it.  I knew I wouldn't be able to fight it, so I threw a ball right off the first turn and got it.  Went from almost ruining my race to suddenly way far ahead.

Nice! Yea those come in handy big time!

I bought Pokémon Yellow over the 3DSD VC and I've been lazily playing it when I remember, but... I don't even remember where I left off. I am worst Pokémon Trainer.

I also recently bought Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon with my My Nintendo 30% discount, but I haven't started it yet. I might wait until after S/M at this point, since I don't want to be halfway through, and I don't want to rush it either. Doesn't help that I'm still having a hard time concentrating on things, so I probably wouldn't be very good either. >_>

Might be booting my Yellow VC copy and playing it until midnight rolls around since once I got to the Surfing Pikachu minigame w/ only three badges I haven't progressed past that, high score is only 6701 though I recall getting at least 7000 my first time on my original cartridge but I haven't been able to do that again. My nickname theme so far has been Marvel heroes w/ my awesome glitched in Mew at lv 100 and my second Mew that I level normally since making Mew glitch from lv 1 to lv 100 robs it of all moves except Pound.

Fighting my way through S.S. Anne tonight. The memories :P . Got to see Looker. Team is holding up ok. But damn, Pidgey's Gust attack is overpowered in Gen 1. :hamcry: Took out around half of my Pikachu's life, so I had to use a potion.

Cool! Going to pick my copy of Sun and Moon tomorrow. Was hoping to do so today, but ended up being too busy :( . But I'm playing Red version to bide the time. Had to stop due to a storm though :o . Starting back up soon and hoping to finish up the S. S. Anne tonight.

Just beat my rival. So now onto getting cut and beating the rest of the trainers.

Did anyone else find Island Challenge 4 particularly challenging, or did I just have a poor team composition for it?

I went in thinking my Dartrix with a flying move would be enough, since I wiped out challenge 3 with Lycanroc, easily. Then here comes fire form Castform to whittle down my HP while the main pokemon used synthesis every couple turns to gain back HP. :v