Tourian - N4A Chat Thread - October 2021

Tyranogre

Lots of new stuff coming to Minecraft Dungeons

Still need to pick up the Ultimate Edition off the Eshop - pretty much has the Game packaged with all the DLC that’s out, so pretty much the best option 

Will be a little over $40, but it’s not too bad of a price

Only played it solo - probably would be better with multiple people…. Especially on harder levels

Oooh

The Wild update

That sounds cool - Those Ancient Cities look creepy

________

Ooh a overhaul to environments and the swamp biome

Looks like we’re getting that Boat with the Chest in it

And a new Mangrove Tree - that looks pretty cool

And a new Wood type for items - that will be fun to mess around with… wonder what other type of woods will pair well with it?

Getting Mud along with Mud Bricks - those look cool

The swamps getting a new frog mob - those look pretty adorable… and a bit derpy too 😄

Also Fireflies - that makes thw swamp look quite pretty

And Tadpoles too - grow up and different Frogs depending on the biome it grows in

No idea when that update is expected to come out, but I’m looking forward to it

Also looks like the Allay won the mob vote this year 🏆 - coming out with the wild update next year

I voted for it both times myself

Long ways away, but I’m looking forward to it 

…..

I was a bit behind considering i had to swap devices for lunch

But some pretty cool stuff coming to Minecraft

I'm thinking of jumping back into Animal Crossing NH myself. I feel like I'd need to time travel to get the remaining balloon recipes, so I might set my Switch up on a monitor while doing real-life shtuff. I'll also finally get around to my island redesign project that's like... half complete lol.

Recently i started adding only one entry to a wishlist on myfigurecollection and deleting the others

I don’t know why I didn’t do this in the first place…..

I have so. many. lists.

I’ve only condensed and deleted 1 of 11 of various Anime figures so far… and that’s only the tip of the iceberg considering i have other stuff like Videogame, cartoon, some other misc stuff….

Going through and condensing these is going to take awhile and be extremely annoying to do….

I picked up NH again the other night after 7 months. Even accounting for HHP and the updates, I don't know if it's enough for me. But I hope people looking forward to the new content will have fun.

I'm currently doing my annual FE Awakening playthrough, and I think maybe by now I should play Three Houses. I just hate the monastery gameplay. Will I miss much if I skim most of that content?

I did start Skyward Sword HD this evening, and it's good so far. I forgot how much I really enjoy the soundtrack.

22 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

Status report: three hours of idling balloons using "jailbar method." Not new recipes found. We got clay though.

I only need four more apparently: festive wreath, gift pile, sleigh, and yule log. So at least there's light at the end of this dreadful tunnel.

I'm a derp. I made a transcription error or something when writing the guide, but none of those are actually balloon recipes y;

Now I just need to decide if I'll wait for Christmas, New Years, and Festivale naturally or just time travel to see them through.

Came across and downloaded the ACNH.Guide App to my phone last night Been working on adding my catalog to it… it’s a slow process

It’s quite nice, actually - a lot more smooth and easier to use than the other app i had been using months before….  That other one was a bit…. buggy and annoying to use

Looks like there’s a lot of things i have… and a lot more things I’m missing than i thought previously… granted, i put it down for several months, and played infrequently for awhile so might not be a surprise to that

Also bought 3,260 Turnips this morning- was around 100 bells for a stack…. didn’t think about re-rolling the price until afterwards and by then it already auto-saved by that point so whoops 😬 

… going to have to keep an eye on others buying price and that one stalk market subreddit - So hopefully this ends up being worth me buying them and spending over 350,000 on them

Me playing Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania: 

Stop, stop, stoooooooop! 

Turn left, turn left- HOWDIDYOUNOTTURNLEFT?! 

Darn that stupid goal barricade thing ruining a good run!

Wait, how did I end up out of the stage?! That obstacle hit me from above!

SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN.

Careful, careful, careful... what the heck?!

Get on that platform! Get on it! Argh, so close!

I know that play button is around here somewhere to make me lose precious time.

%@#$ #$@% %$#@ #@$%@!

What the heck happened there?! 

If I could just simply control the ball!

This level requires pure luck! There's no sugarcoating it! 

I have no idea what's going on!

And last, 

Huh. All I had to do was go forward. ON TO THE NEXT STAGE, WHATEVER THE GOOD OR BIZARRE LEVEL DESIGN MIGHT BE! 

If looks could be deceiving, I'd say that would go to THIS game. 

I just had a terrifying realization about Pokemon:

They only exist digitally as data within a game, but they're still randomly generated by the game itself, and "ownership" of them can still be transferred from one person to another via exchanging them for another Pokemon that was also randomly generated. On top of that, as of Pokemon Bank/Home, you have to pay money to maintain permanent access to them.

If I have a Shiny Charizard, and you also have a Shiny Charizard, both of our Shiny Charizards might look the same, but mine might have different IVs or a different Nature than yours. And even if they have the same nature, same IVs, same moveset, etc, there would still be differences within the game's code about how our Shiny Charizards were randomly generated. Maybe you got yours from Professor Oak at the start of Leaf Green, while I got mine through the Masuda method in Ultra Moon.

Don't you get it?

Pokemon are NFTs!