Offical Ninfora Food sharing thread w/pictures

Doc Brown

Thanks @Sheri, I was ctrl+f'ing for "cooking" so that explains it!

So I've been trying to make good ramen.  I've just been using the instant ramen noodles but throwing the seasoning packets away and experimenting with stuff we usually have lying around the house, and after watching a few videos of people making it, I think I've finally got a good base for where to go from here with it!  The hardest part now is going to be finding somewhere in my area with authentic ingredients, since I live in the middle of nowhere and have never been to an asian market.

Anyway, tonight's came out really good so here's what I used:

300ml water

2tbsp soy sauce

1.5tbsp sesame oil

5g chopped ginger (simmered with soup)

8g chopped garlic (simmered with soup)

4 baby bella mushrooms (stems chopped up and simmered with soup, heads added later as toppings)

3 green onion stalks (white part chopped up and simmered with soup, green hollow end added later as topping)

1 soft boiled egg (I like them so that they're mostly hard boiled but still soft and gooey in the middle, cut in half and put as topping)

Anyone else make home made ramen?  What ingredients/toppings do you use?  Any protips?

1 hour ago, strawberrykeiki said:

Thanks @Sheri, I was ctrl+f'ing for "cooking" so that explains it!

So I've been trying to make good ramen.  I've just been using the instant ramen noodles but throwing the seasoning packets away and experimenting with stuff we usually have lying around the house, and after watching a few videos of people making it, I think I've finally got a good base for where to go from here with it!  The hardest part now is going to be finding somewhere in my area with authentic ingredients, since I live in the middle of nowhere and have never been to an asian market.

Anyway, tonight's came out really good so here's what I used:

300ml water

2tbsp soy sauce

1.5tbsp sesame oil

5g chopped ginger (simmered with soup)

8g chopped garlic (simmered with soup)

4 baby bella mushrooms (stems chopped up and simmered with soup, heads added later as toppings)

3 green onion stalks (white part chopped up and simmered with soup, green hollow end added later as topping)

1 soft boiled egg (I like them so that they're mostly hard boiled but still soft and gooey in the middle, cut in half and put as topping)

Anyone else make home made ramen?  What ingredients/toppings do you use?  Any protips?

Sometimes, I take a small amount of oil and heat it up. Afterward, I pour it over a bowl of minced garlic and let it sit until it stops sizzling. Freshly made black garlic oil for your ramen!

As for other toppings, crumbled seaweed wrap is a must. Chopped pork loin is also great depending on how big of a meal you want your bowl to be.

jelly.jpg

My recipe for Pokémon's Jelly-filled Donuts!

You will need:

-Jasmine Rice (Botan is the brand I prefer)

-Roasted seaweed (made for rolling sushi)

-Canned tuna (though you can use something different if you prefer)

-Mayonnaise

-Salt

-Pepper

-Tea cup or some sort of round container to shape rice.

-Wax Paper

Instructions:

1. Add 1 cup of rice to a pot and rinse twice. Fill the pot with water until the top of the rice is covered by about 1 inch of water

2. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat to a low setting and let it cook for about 20 minutes after boiling.

3. Prepare the tuna filling by mashing the tuna so that there are no thick pieces. Mix with about a tablespoon of mayonnaise (or add more if you'd like), about a few shakes of salt and pepper (very precise, I know lol), and any other seasoning you'd prefer.

4. Take wax paper and line the inside of a tea cup with it.

5. Take a scoop of cooked rice and fill cup till about half. Mold the rice to have a concave center and fill the hollow with tuna filling.

6. Cover top half of cup with rice and mold it on to the bottom half.

7. Prepare seaweed by having about a 4x4 inch strip ready.

8. Once rice has cooled slightly, pull waxpaper out of cup and carefully unwrap it from the rice ball so as not to rip the ball apart.

9. Carefully wrap seaweed around portion of the ball.

ENJOY YOUR JELLY-FILLED DONUT! :)

• 2 weeks later...

My mom made some nice soup today.

She took a can of Lentil soup, added some broth, spinach and some lemon juice along with some noodles to it. It was really, really good. Can recommend it if you're in a hurry :) .

Edited by Lance's Dragonite

I made lemongrass ginger turkey burgers with hoison mayonnaise for dinner.

Basically, sauté freshly minced lemongrass, ginger, and garlic. Add a small amount of soy sauce and Sriracha to the mix. Not too much, otherwise the burgers won't hold together well. Mix in the burger meat and divide into patties. Cook.

As for the hoison mayonnaise, literally just mix one part hoison sauce into two parts mayonnaise.

Put it all on a bun and enjoy. This is honestly one of my favorite things to eat. If you wanna be fancy, top the burger with a bit of fresh cilantro!

• 5 weeks later...

CzrDRQeUAAALn7z.jpg

Made some chicken curry -- unfortunately didn't have any cilantro or green stuff to throw in because there wasn't that many resources on hand. (Added coriander powder, sumac, a ginger-garlic paste, and some other things but nothing with the plant itself asides from the tomatoes.)

Edited by Zeldaru