New Pokemon Legends trailer quietly dropped - Jan 28 release - 10/21 New video

EH_STEVE

I also heard offhand in the comment section of the video that apparently a similar name change event happened to Hokkaido itself during the Japanese colonization of the northern island. Maybe this is also a bit of a nod to the history of the real island Hisui/Sinnoh is based on? Another parallel to real life is these two tribes themselves… the real-world island had an indigenous tribe (tribes?), as well.

Honestly, I just jeep getting more and more impressed with this game and its potential. :) 

2 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

My thought was a Human-Pokemon partnership, sort of the start of humans and Pokemon co-existing. Sinnoh and Arceus creating the land.

Oooo, that's a good one.

My line of thought of human deity to Pokemon god is the reverse of what happened to Goddess Hylia becoming mortal Zelda of the Legend of Zelda series.

We know what legendaries are in the Pokemon world what if this Pokemon Legend Arceus is the legend in how it became a Pokemon God of all Pokemon?

1 hour ago, DranSeasona said:

I also heard offhand in the comment section of the video that apparently a similar name change event happened to Hokkaido itself during the Japanese colonization of the northern island. Maybe this is also a bit of a nod to the history of the real island Hisui/Sinnoh is based on? Another parallel to real life is these two tribes themselves… the real-world island had an indigenous tribe (tribes?), as well.

Honestly, I just jeep getting more and more impressed with this game and its potential. :) 

The lore in the mainline Pokemon games for the dex of Pokemon makes no sense or is really creepy at times. Like they said Alolan Raichu is the way it is because of pancakes.

I feel this game wants to make its own identity than simulating lore from the real world, it wants to make its own tale how the land of Hisui became Sinnoh in present day. That connective tissue is the lore we learn in this game and Pokemon we currently know now and some ancestral Pokemon we never knew of leading to Arceus in the end, the god of all Pokemon.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a even bigger overview trailer than the Japanese one last week of 6 minutes, where as this one is 13 minutes.

I'd say it covers a lot but not so much where you'd spoiled or still know more or less nothing about the game.

Is anyone still on the fence with this game, gameplay not to their preference or graphic pending? That last is a point of contention for some but honestly, it's not that I was expecting better but I've been always alright with this artstyle. Plus, I seen no pop up Pokemon that I could see in the trailer, not like what S&S and the wild area.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching this vid waiting to see the rumored but leaked already the starters of this games final evolution and all they show is silhouettes?!?

Welp, Nintendo pulled Smash Bros ala Shulk when the name his reveal trailer, 'Looks like we don't have a choice' because of leaks like Arceus. I supposed this was always planned to be shown leaked of not but still ruins it just a bit when your accidentally spoiled.

3 more days till this game releases.

I have avoided all of the leaks to the best of my abilities, though it's not gonna do me much good when the game is out tomorrow and the leaked content won't be considered spoilers anymore. I'm not able to get the game on release day nor for a while after so hiding from the game is not going to be easy.

I know I said last week on the MK8 night that I might not be able to to get Legends but outside the hype growing this week, I can actually afford to get this tomorrow.

With that said, I won't spoil what I find here or at least a week out from the games release in a general Pokemon Legend Arceus discussion thread I will will make sometime tomorrow.