New Pokemon Legends trailer quietly dropped - Jan 28 release - 10/21 New video

EH_STEVE

• EH_STEVE changed the title to New Pokemon Legends trailer quietly dropped - Jan 28 release

I was about to say, what about the new BPSP trailer, huh?

Man, I gotta say everytime they show off the 4 gen remakes, it keeps looking better and better for some reason. Water while surfing looks awesome.

And is that new ancient Pokemon for Pokemon Arceus Legends?!? Also more new stuff and Pokemon that I was already hyped for. We all saw the potential, the last showing got me onboard but I don't know what else can oversell me on this game already. Also, I think this game too is looking better as well.

starting to lose hope this game will start to look any better by the time it launches y; the jaggies, man....the grass, the trees.......it just looks so bad lmao 

the gameplay looks fine, the new pokemon looks fine....that said, i wonder if we'll end up never seeing these new pokemon again outside of this game....since they'd go extinct? would be neat if we end up seeing fossil pokemon roam around, yknow, before they were fossils

the girl's default name being akari is v cute..hikari....akari....anyway theydonothing; 

the graphics look like shit tho, i seriously hope this isn't what the final project is gonna look like lmao

• Chrom featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

What I was really impressed by is how much bass the music in this remake has. It sounds exactly the some as the original, no orchestrations, additional jingles or anything but just more breadth to the sound making sound more booming than the original. It's funny I picked up on that after 15 years, this is my least fave gen and one played only played twice out of any Pokemon gen I've played.

Everything else is what we already know and expect so how I feel about those have not changed from the last trailer, it's good. 

• EH_STEVE changed the title to New Pokemon Legends trailer quietly dropped - Jan 28 release - 10/21 New video

What the?!?

I didn't know there was 2 trailers of the same creepy atmosphere. I thought this trailer was the same one 2 day ago. I watch this new one a few minutes ago.

I didn't even watched the prior one to this one. Interesting but I have to wonder is Pokemon just gonna release new videos of Hisuian Pokemon like this till Legends drops? Cool but I feel ppl will now expect this tho how random we may get or not get a vid.

Cool vid, regardless.

New trailers dropped for Legends and BDSP.

More of a overview on the recently discovered Pokemon last week.

These trailer drops are really random and the frequency from the last wasn't that long ago. I get these videos for Legends but BDSP is out less than a month from now.

This last one pretty much cover endgame stuff to an extent. There could be one or two left but unless one them covers some post game, this stuff for ppl who already played this gen already knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don’t understand the backlash on Voltorb I have seen… I think it’s a great and creative direction to take. It expands gen 1 lore on top of the gen 4 we will obviously get, and even raises further interesting questions. 

For example… why are modern Voltorb angry and spiteful vs. their ancient Hisuian counterparts? It assumes a degree of thought that people have been concerned about being largely absent in Pokémon games lately… so why would this not be awesome, in fact?

Hmm, I only saw comments for this YT video and they were all positive saying the Pokemon cute and all. I wonder where all the comments majority fall then?

It's the internet there's always gonna be discourse somewhere and especially with genonners, I don't remember discourse when some gen one Pokemon got mega evolution or regional in Alola but this gets them in a tizzy. Not saying to pick and choose what your mad at but there's nothing wrong Hisuian Voltorb with look, lore or typing, c'mon guys?!?

Maybe all the ones I saw just ended up getting buried under later positive ones, which is fine. It just annoyed me particularly because I see this as a genuine effort on GF’s part here to do something genuinely creative with pre-established Pokémon lore.

I mean, this regional variant is much more than a type/colour swap. This is literally an ancient, organic version of what since gen 1 was always assumed to be some kind of weird Frankenstein monster-produced thing with Pokeballs and a bad attitude. This opens the door to so much potential in terms of how we get from a real plant creature to a mysterious robot-like thing. The eerie connection to the history of the Pokeball itself (from Apricorns to something more techno sci-fi) genuinely excites me. 

This kind of reveal is exactly the kind of thing that gives me hope for tge future of this franchise after years now of doom and gloom talk…

Interesting trailer but I have to wonder, what is the reference to Sinnoh in this game? We don't know the context of the word in this game, Hisui is the edo name of name of Sinnoh so how and why is Sinnoh being heard here. So many questions.

We also have a bigger connection to Diamond and Pearl now as the name and not why they called Diamond and Pearl version for the 4th gen.

16 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Interesting trailer but I have to wonder, what is the reference to Sinnoh in this game? We don't know the context of the word in this game, Hisui is the edo name of name of Sinnoh so how and why is Sinnoh being heard here. So many questions.

We also have a bigger connection to Diamond and Pearl now as the name and not why they called Diamond and Pearl version for the 4th gen.

It's being used almost like a deity of sorts. But whether that's a Pokemon or Human deity, I couldn't tell.

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

It's being used almost like a deity of sorts. But whether that's a Pokemon or Human deity, I couldn't tell.

You're right, I rewatched the trailer again.

Tho, I am gonna lean on more Human deity than Pokémon. My theory is Arceus the God of all Pokémon was once a human named Sinnoh in the Edo period, near the end of this game he was renamed Arceus and that is when HIsui was renamed to Sinnoh, in honor of the deity human who turn deity Pokémon Arceus.

Just now, DLurkster said:

You're right, I rewatched the trailer again.

Tho, I am gonna lean on more Human deity than Pokémon. My theory is Arceus the God of all Pokémon was once a human named Sinnoh in the Edo period, near the end of this game he was renamed Arceus and that is when HIsui was renamed to Sinnoh, in honor of the deity human who turn deity Pokémon Arceus.

My thought was a Human-Pokemon partnership, sort of the start of humans and Pokemon co-existing. Sinnoh and Arceus creating the land.