That Guardians of the Galaxy game may not be a write-off....

DLurkster

It's funny when this game was first revealed at Square Enix E3 this past June I had mixed hype and mixed expectations of this game. Some said it didn't need that long segment, others wanted more from the gameplay and most just hope it wouldn't be another Marvel Avenger situation. I was definitely in that camp tho I never bought the game, thank goodness.

Here comes this hands-on preview of this game from IGN and what is said more than shown has me a little more hopeful that this game can live up to what ppl might expect from a Guaurdian of the Galaxy, whatever that is. I am just gonna leave there for those who seem interested or on the fence watch this vid and see if gonna get this game or not bother.

Honestly, the game looked good even at E3.  The worst thing people could say about it was that it was too long and that was only because they were wanting Square Enix to hurry and show off the new Final Fantasy game which turned out to be... not what people were expecting.

I would definitely like to give it a try, though I have some trepidation about it being streaming only on Switch.  I love the idea that they have this option to still allow Switch owners some way to play certain games but it's just getting over this barrier of not actually owning the game.  I mean, it's really not much different from downloading digital only titles so it's more of mind thing with me.

Yes, when this game was announced again at Nintendo E3 Direct I was surprised. I think most when watching something that brief showing, whether you are taking notes while watching the action on screen or just simply watching, who probably would of knew it would be the cloud version. It wasn't like until a day after the direct I realized it was the cloud version. The day of the reveal on Switch I ponder if this game can run on Switch and I had a maybe on there. Like the game is good looking to some extent but not where I think the Switch couldn't run it.

As for cloud version games on Switch, I have some experience with them with the Hitman games and Control. I would say you need a really good internet for Control, Hitman tho it has gunplay it is not frantic that you need no hiccup internet. That said it was very smooth for and I don't recall any DC for me. Now this GOG on the cloud sits in the middle of frantic action and exploring so it is hard to say what solid internet you need.

Tho the option is on Switch, I think I always was gonna get this on Playstation, which one. I guess I will say closer to this game launch. It is also why I post this in the general gaming, tho also coming to Switch I though to share that it coming to mostly on platforms, as mentioned in the tags.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:41 PM, DLurkster said:

Yes, when this game was announced again at Nintendo E3 Direct I was surprised. I think most when watching something that brief showing, whether you are taking notes while watching the action on screen or just simply watching, who probably would of knew it would be the cloud version. It wasn't like until a day after the direct I realized it was the cloud version. The day of the reveal on Switch I ponder if this game can run on Switch and I had a maybe on there. Like the game is good looking to some extent but not where I think the Switch couldn't run it.

That's about how I feel as well, but I can only assume there's more going on under the hood than we know that may be too taxing for Switch.  I dunno, but always get into these points of equivalency in my mind of like, other developers got games like Doom and Crysis running on Switch so what's going on here?  But not everything is an apples to apples to comparison so I guess I get it.