Nintendo Direct 9.23 @ 3pm PT/6pm ET

DLurkster

I've seen some gameplay of ActRaiser: Renaissance on Twitch and I already need this game. The visuals are just so clean, the music is spectacular, the new seige defense gameplay adds in much needed depth to the actual amount of gameplay in between the city building and side scrolling acts, and having objectives and quests during the city building portions makes that more hands on and strategic instead of mindless and boring.

IMO, a good thought-provoking video about pricing, tiers, and other systems ....

My own thoughts:

NO WAY this is more than $20 extra / $40 total

Arguing it should only be at most $10 more

They are going to need more features added as well.... was the bluetooth audio update a hint at full voice coming?

--More free full trials?

--Messaging system?  I mean if they could do this on the Wii....   (man I miss the glowing blue light)

Really need an upgrade to servers/service.... if you pay more there is the expectation the connectivity will be better/smoother

Where were the GB/GBC/GBA rumors

With Genesis coming.... SMS?  TG16?  Neo Geo?

Edited by purple_beard
2 hours ago, Kezay said:

Splatoon 3 looks positively wild and I still need to start the story of Splatoon 2. 

Bruh, what?!? and how?!? Yes backlog but still how?!?

You need to get on this and not to add more to your plate; that DLC expansion you also need to play as well. It makes the single player aspect in this game ask; I am a joke to you?

I don't care what you need to do, if you or your brother have spare gold coins buy that DLC. Ya, don't have to complete off the bat just buy it.

Ya, just need 2000 coins to get, unless you were saving those coins for something if not.....

3cuw.gif.55c20fb9312ab36437d6b5b1ae3de0a4.gif

These theories have been floating around the next since this trailer released at the Direct. If you haven't played Bayo 1 don't watch this, as it spoil this for you as this may explain why ppl think this is a different version of Bayonetta in Bayonetta 3. The new VA may be a clue to this, at least for the English version.

On 9/25/2021 at 12:19 PM, DLurkster said:

Bruh, what?!? and how?!? Yes backlog but still how?!?

You need to get on this and not to add more to your plate; that DLC expansion you also need to play as well. It makes the single player aspect in this game ask; I am a joke to you?

I don't care what you need to do, if you or your brother have spare gold coins buy that DLC. Ya, don't have to complete off the bat just buy it.

Ya, just need 2000 coins to get, unless you were saving those coins for something if not.....

3cuw.gif.55c20fb9312ab36437d6b5b1ae3de0a4.gif

I know, I know, lol... I really gotta get on it.  I was so all in on the original Splatoon and looking forward to the evolution of the lore in Splatoon 2 and I haven't honored that yet.  I am besides myself with shame... SHAAAAAAME!

On another note, I did get Actraiser Renaissance and I'm loving the extra stuff they've added in.  The remixed tracks are pretty good (although I did have to pop open the classic Bloodpool track at least a couple of times, always loved it!) and the new stages and quests are a very welcome addition.  Definitely increases the level of content by quite a bit and I like how sassy Angel can be at times.

I'm almost 7 hours in and only just made it to Kasandora and it never took me this long in the original game.  So I'm glad they did more than just dress the game up in a pretty package.  Although the second game does away with the world building portion I hope they remaster that next.  Just make sure the Master's (or Lord of Light's) gliding mechanic is overhauled.  I refuse to tackle Tower of Souls again with how that mechanic controlled.

Like I said on the MK8 night, I can't be happy nor excited for the remake Actraiser Renaissance, a game I never heard of, until that Direct. Now this inquiry is not to get the game but to separate the real fans of from the posers.

I've being hearing on the net the remake isn't that good, I'm either hearing vague tales of how bad it is or no further elaborations beyond it sucks.

So which is it and can anyone who is a definitive fan answer why there seems to be a disparity in how this remake is good or not?

• Chrom featured this topic
4 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

My hot take is that the N64 controller was never that well designed, and we only got accustomed to it because we were kids that had already fallen under Nintendo’s spell. I could almost never see myself playing with one of those again. The new buttons might help a bit though.

I am in agreement but the only reason I think it was the way it was was because of the newness of 3D gaming.... put the Dpad to the far left in case 3D falls off so its not uncomfortable if the games get developed that way.  But, given that its selling point was 3D with an analog stick and it did end up being the dominant directional method for just about every game on the system, it being in the center made it uncomfortable as hell to hold for intense/extended periods of time.

With me nearing the end of Actraiser Renaissance and really enjoying my time with it, I really do hope they give Actraiser 2 the Renaissance treatment as well.  Yeah, it doesn't have the Sim/World Building mode, but that makes sense in the context of the story between the first game and the second.

Granted, the liberties they took with Renaissance and the stuff they added only enhanced the game so that doesn't mean they couldn't find a way to slip some of that world building stuff into the sequel as well but whether or not they do I'd just like to see how Actraiser 2 would show up in this style.  If they fix the gliding mechanic that alone would give it an edge over the original iteration of Actraiser 2.

That said, it would be even better if this compels them to somehow, someway continue and give us an Actraiser 3. ;)

Am I the only one who would’ve preferred a Game Boy NSO at this point over N64 online? Not to say there isn’t things I’m looking forward to with the latter, but with the Game Boy there’s just a much bigger library even if they only use a fraction of it like with NES & SNES online. Could then maybe slowly shift toward GB Color and Advance games too.

But I guess there’s the question if its addition would have some kind of price hike or different subscription tier also, which makes me wary when I start to think about it all more.