Nintendo Direct 9.23 @ 3pm PT/6pm ET

DLurkster

Oh hey - we’re getting Deltarune Ch 2 on Switch today

Woo

Granted there’s one small thing i need to do in Ch 1….

also missed most of the reel - going to have to rewatch that and see if anything of interest

Also Mario movie in Holiday 2022 - wonder when we’ll see footage

Especially with the Voice Actor choices

_______

Hey, more Splatoon 3 stuff - the Story mode stuff looks interesting and Wild going by the visuals and environments

Looks like the Squid Sisters and the Captain is back- And Octatians.

But Mammalians? Wonder what that’s about….

6 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

New membership plan to NSO to play N64 games.

Also SEGA Genesis is also coming as well.

Lol, expansion pack and will be added late October. Those who have existing membership can easily transition to the expansion pack. The N64 and Genesis wireless controller will be sold for $49.99 each. I think I didn't see when they will release and when available.

Castlevania collection is revealed as well all GBA games, releases today.

I hate the new subscription plan. If it's too expensive... I'll just have to go without online. My limit is $40 a year.

It was an OK Direct....

It's cool that we're getting 2 new system for NSO, but it sucks it a new tire plan. :(  I recently upped my sub for a whole nother year, so this really has me annoyed. I know will be able to switch our current membership, but still.

Also, annoyed that Hollywood had to go and "Hollywood" the Super Mario movie, buy getting big celebs to play Mario and Co.( -_____-' ) Well, at least Charles Martinet is still involved.

It's cool we're finally getting a 3D Kirby, which looks really cool, but I gotta see more.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I hate the new subscription plan. If it's too expensive... I'll just have to go without online. My limit is $40 a year.

See I guess I would agree with you but until Nintendo tells us how much more this expansion pack will cost we don't know yet. It's understandable to be concern but let's see what they say before the release late next month.

3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Bayonetta theme this weekend for Smash LULZ

Ah, that's nice for anyone but me that will be there. I won't be available this Saturday night.

1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

It was an OK Direct....

It's cool that we're getting 2 new system for NSO, but it sucks it a new tire plan. :(  I recently upped my sub for a whole nother year, so this really has me annoyed. I know will be able to switch our current membership, but still.

Also, annoyed that Hollywood had to go and "Hollywood" the Super Mario movie, buy getting big celebs to play Mario and Co.( -_____-' ) Well, at least Charles Martinet is still involved.

It's cool we're finally getting a 3D Kirby, which looks really cool, but I gotta see more.

Same here that the direct was okay...for me it was like 7/10 and that is even with the positive of the new NSO platforms to play. I am not even taking away that it will cost more. I and most expected. We just have to wait like everyone else what's the charge.

Tho I am annoyed like you, like most I renewed my subscription for the year a few weeks ago. The timing was bad but when were they gonna announce this?!? I don't think there would of been a good time tbh.

Just now, DLurkster said:

Same here that the direct was okay...for me it was like 7/10 and that is even with the positive of the new NSO platforms to play. I am not even taking away that it will cost more. I and most expected. We just have to wait like everyone else what's the charge.

Tho I am annoyed like you, like most I renewed my subscription for the year a few weeks ago. The timing was bad but when were they gonna announce this?!? I don't think there would of been a good time tbh.

I just hope the base tier doesn't get forgotten with this (manly with getting new NES/SNES games).

Welp, no bingo for me. Was close though, just needed a new Mario Kart game.

Biggest surprises were the N64 Online and the lineup they have coming, as well as the ActRaiser remaster. I was thoroughly shocked at the names of some of the voice cast they listed off for the Super Mario movie, in particular Jack Black as Bowser. Having Martinet make cameos is a nice decision though if you can't cast him as Mario or Luigi for the full length film.

21 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I don't joke about such things.

Oh fuck....., just rewatched the bit.

It is really there. It is no wonder I missed it. After they show gameplay of future releases like Majora's Mask I was typing down here and my head looked back up when they were showing the controllers. I may have seen the list of future games sliding by but I would of noticed them and especially Banjo-Kazooie.

We fucking did it, we won back a Rare game thought to be lost to Nintendo. Thank you Microsoft, if you're responsible for this.

6 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I just hope the base tier doesn't get forgotten with this (manly with getting new NES/SNES games).

I don't think they will do that, as much as it is too me those games do not much for me and the updates of late are sparse and really obsureThey said it themselves the expansion pack and this base subscription is all together, if you opt yourself to do that. So what we're seeing now with NES/SNES will still most likely come at snail paste with more obscure games.

Like usual the starting line-up is great for these thing but are we gonna run into same issue NES/SNES is currently having with sparse releases, tho? Like N64 didn't have a lot or any 3rd party games so I don't know what will happen one we hit a wall of good games, then what? I think that is why we saw Banjo-Kazooie is just taste of what we will see from rare games one can only hope because Rare sure did help Nintendo in during these times.

Puzzling to me that they didn't just reveal the price for the new subscription plan then and there. I doubt it'll cost egregiously more than the regular plan, but I see what they're doing; coaxing people into accepting price increases over time.

And still calling that the Mario movie's going to be shit. Star power =/= quality. You could argue that the casting for the original Mario movie was better, especially since it was before Mario and Luigi had a defined personality in main canon.