Nintendo Direct 9.23 @ 3pm PT/6pm ET

DLurkster

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.: Definitive Edition, let's go!

There's always a surprise announcement in September directs, at least since the era of Switch. What if the surprise announcement ppl are looking forward from Mononlift soft is actually Code Name S.T.E.A.M. DE, huh? I would laugh so hard to those who got hoodwinked and be in joy for this. Like don't get me wrong I am awaiting that announcement or whatever from Monolift soft but I'll be alright with Code Name S.T.E.A.M. DE.

If alienboyva can get this Tetris Effects Connect then Ty and I can get this, lol.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Knick yourself out....

Great predictions but Spring is not completely wrong about what we already know so to that end like any direct I have no expectations even more so now then any other direct I've watched over the years.

2 hours ago, Spring said:

i don't usually keep up with what people are 'expecting' from directs so what is everyone like, actually expecting?

idk what's even already been announced for the rest of the year y; 

Facts.

13 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Like retroactive cancelling MK9 won't be a thing.....till Nintendo feels they can sell the most at Switchmonium or ppl stop buying MK8DX like the ppl who still buy Skyrim and GTA V for the 5th time.

Which is more like to occur for this fable next Mario Kart to appear?

Retroactive cancellation is actually a thing though... soooooooo :P

Since I've been seeing this issue come up on Twitter, I'll ask here:

What exactly counts as a "spoiler"?

Things like revealing who the last Smash character is, that's definitely a spoiler, I get that.

Showing a trailer revealing that a certain boss will be appearing in Metroid Dread? Debatable. The trailer in question was shown by Nintendo themselves; not maliciously obtained by a leaker.

Saying the name of a game from a B-list franchise that hasn't been shown yet, but has been revealed on Nintendo's website? I honestly don't know. I fully expect the game in question to be a part of today's direct, but all we know is a title and a single screenshot, from a publicly-available website.