Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World boxart *Now with NA boxart*

I gots to have a Poochy amiibo in that kind of unhelathy obsession kind of way.  That said, I am interested in the game with the added "Poochy" levels.  I need to see what they are really offering though, as far as a expanded game experience because IMO, YWW was a console large tv kind of game.

And yeah, I don't need any of the Yarn Yoshis....   I have a sealed and a open set already....

8 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I'm on board for Yoshi's Woolly World on the 3DS.

What's the consensus of the original?

I found the collecting of the wonder wools from the stages to get really cool patters of Yarn Yoshi to play as intoxicating.  Also, the unlockable amiibo scans for other alt pattern Yoshi's is addicting as well.  The game is probably my most favorite Yoshi game since the SNES original.  The WiiU's graphics really made the wool/arts and crafts aesthetic look realistic.... it was like you are playing with wool literally.

I wouldn't mind getting this version down the road if I can afford it, but I haven't even finished the original yet.  I just want the Poochy amiibo because I've loved Poochy ever since the Yoshi's Story days. 

Personally speaking, the original game is great and reminds me a lot of why I enjoyed Yoshi's Story so much.  The aesthetic is really charming and the overall graphics are some of the best the Wii U has shown to date.  There's nothing to dislike about the game, unless you're the type who's prone to throwing a controller every once in awhile because of difficult levels here and there, but overall the game's mood and atmosphere is enjoyable and relaxed.  Leaves you smiling all right on through.  I love the variety and finding the hidden collectables which adds a lot of extra gameplay time the experience, especially if you don't get them all the first time and revisiting a level to do so hardly feels like a chore or a bore. 

In any case, just my two cents here.

Ohgod, that looks so amazingly adorable, I think I'm in love.

Yoshi's Wooly World was hands down my favourite game of the year, and the only game I have ever 100% completed. Each level was a treat, so many fun and unique mechanics, and I (almost) never minded going through the same levels over and over multiple times to grab all the yarn rolls and flowers.

While I'm 127% committed to getting my hands on a yarn Poochy Amiibo, however, I'm still on the fence about buying the game itself. The Poochy levels definitely sound interesting and fun, but I'm not really flush enough to buy almost the exact same game once again, and only about a year since I beat it. I guess I'll wait and see how much is new and how much is rehashed, and maybe get it on sale or something in the future when it's been further since the last time I've played it so I'm more interested in playing again.

9 hours ago, Lissa said:

While I'm 127% committed to getting my hands on a yarn Poochy Amiibo, however, I'm still on the fence about buying the game itself. The Poochy levels definitely sound interesting and fun, but I'm not really flush enough to buy almost the exact same game once again, and only about a year since I beat it. I guess I'll wait and see how much is new and how much is rehashed, and maybe get it on sale or something in the future when it's been further since the last time I've played it so I'm more interested in playing again.

Agreed, I really want to see what the Poochy levels are and what the else they tack on.