Taiko no Tatsujin Wii1, Wii2, Wii3, Wii4, and Wii5 Retrospective Talk

Amazon.com: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii [Japan Import] : Video Games

"Being a bit more competent, feeling just great
 Boom goes the fireworks exploding like flowers
 Don-don, the excitement keeps in rotation
 A black kite chirps in the sky

Ah, I feel it warming up inside whenever I think of you
 Ah, looking splendid wearing the happy coat!
 I'm the Taiko drum admiring that side of you, da-don

Making noise in the dry wind
 A festival for the family, da-don
 Even it it is just the rump, it's alright
 It's all good da-don!

Making noise in the dry wind
 Everyone be showing their smiles da-don
 Even if it is just the rump, it's alright
 Let the festival rumble on!"

- Happy de Rippa!, Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 1

th?id=OIP.DkGK1qSGfiLIaYb4DPd6zAHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=285&h=161

It's the year 2006. A slick new home console that was first called the Revolution then strangely the Wii came to thousands of homes. It was an innovative console at the time with it's use of motion controls and the virtual console.  The system focused on the core of fun; so it was a good ideal to come for the series to finally come in 2008. 

Hello, my name is Kirbymeister2 and, in celebration for the series' 20th anniversary, I will looking into the line of games that came for the Wii.

Taiko No Tatsujin Wii had a lot of things going for in that it was the first game that introduced song lyrics which was a cool idea that oddly just didn't come back going forward after the system. It also had Mii Support taking random Mii's and had them dance to songs. 

Speaking about songs, the song list this time brought old and new songs with some actually mostly being new with Happy de Rippa!, Sengoku Sangen, Rotter Tarmination, Desert de Yakinaku (Sahara-hen), Hole in the Wall, the Carnivorous
 Carnival. Stage 0.ac11, and Mickey Mouse March.

Unlocking memories in Taiko no Tatsujin Wii | Engadget

The game brought back the story mode which unlocked costumes over the course of Donchan's journey of life from a Baby to the Golden Don. Despite the lack of certain creativity to the costumes (with there only being seven and just full costumes), Baby Don was the best; and at least the voice of Don changed based on the costume. The story is just there without the RPG elements, but there was some simple joy seeing Don go through the stages including the magnificent Gangster Teenage Don years. 

Amazon.com: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii Dodoon to 2 Yome! [Japan Import] : Video  Games

"Ah~ Shabadaba doo deedoo
Ah~ Shabadaba doo doowah
Lalala extreme happiness

Ah~ The rhythm don dodon
Ah~ Heard from far away don dodon
Lalala extreme happiness, ride on it

Sunny or rainy, the festival is full of laughs
Dad and mom, chuckle and smile

Puppy and kitty, dance happily
You and me, let's go out together

Can you hear it, the reverberating sound of our dancing hearts
The Taiko performance is dazzling, don! Happiness
Forever happiness, Taiko happiness

Hold your drum sticks

Ah~ The rhythm don dodon
Ah~ Heard far away don dodon
Lalala extreme happiness

Let's play the Taiko

Ah~ Everyone don dodon
Gather here don dodon

Lalala extreme happiness

Ride the happiness, I am a taiko drum master"

- LaLaLa☆Happiness 

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2] Part 3 -Enter Donko and Robo-Shōryūken! - YouTube

Amazon.com: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii Dodoon to 2 Yome! [Japan Import] : Video  Games

Almost a year later, Wii: Dodon~! to Nidaime! was released. Like the last game, it had a story mode that would allow players to get costumes which were a lot compared to last time. Not only that, but it also had boss battles that included fight notes to rapidly drum. This would also be the first time seeing a  congratulations for the full combo a player would get. 

Some songs from past games were reprised. But that didn't stop Namco to release more and newer ones like Dragon Soul, Eine Kliene Nachtmusik, Overture from Dragon Quest IX, Smyphonic Druaga, Naked Glow, Kissa Rain, LaLaLa☆Happiness, Sora I-Earth Rise, Sora-2 Gliese 581, Hello! Halloween,  Future Lab, and Family Don-Don.

Amazon.com: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Minna de Party * 3-daime! [Japan Import]  : Video Games

Wii] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii Minna de Party 3 Daime [JPN] Taiko Space No  Damage - YouTube

Taiko no Tatsujin Wii Minna de Party 3 Daime - Trailer - Wii - YouTube 

S5KJAF-35.png

Notice the lack of any mini games? Well Minna de Party Sandaime noticed that! Released a year later, the game would be the first of the series to support 4 players on a console. With that though, there are no costumes and a story mode. The games, however were fun; so fun two of them returned to the Switch version!

The more new and notable songs this time around are Toy Symphony, New Super Mario Bros. Wii Medley, Urban Fragments, Desert Storm, Popcorn Parade, Ikasama Pirates, Sora 3- Heliopause, Taiko Time, Uchuu Samurai, Doom Noiz, and the 2000 songs. 

Amazon.com: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Ketteiban [Japan Import] : Video Games
Taiko Time: The Tale of Fuuga and Mirai's Taiko Classroom | Fantasy art,  Anime, Tales 

Taiko Time: The Tale of Fuuga and Mirai's Taiko Classroom

Amazon.com: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Ketteiban [Japan Import] : Video Games

Wii: Kettei-Ban would celebrate the series 10th anniversary alongside Taiko Portable DX and thankfully didn't have to deal with DLC songs in it's massive 100 songs. And it's sure is something? After all it's the "definite version." There's a story mode somewhat, but it's just all in these cell phone texts.  There is 100 songs, but it's hugely returning songs with only the Pokémon songs being the most interesting new ones. There are a lot of costumes, but a lot of them are returning ones from past games. It fails in comparison to the fun that was Minna De Party! 

Taiko Time: Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Chogouka-Ban song list

Wii: Chogouka-Ban came a year after and, like the last time, has 100 songs. The game this time around had some new songs like Mars, Overture from Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G Medley, Dokidoki Donchan Sawagi, Hey, Mr. Professor, Tanhou ~Blooming~, Kayou ~Flourishing Blossings, and EZ DO DANCE,  Sora IV- Bunpasong, and Sora V- Cosmic Bird.

S5KJAF-2.png

S5KJAF-160.png

The game also still has costumes; but does it better a bit by having newer costumes than the last game. Besides the game having somewhat of a story, the real drawl is the Don-chan Sawagi Mode that is a rapid fire mode of minigames from past games as well as adding new ones. 

While the series had a lot going for the Wii and DS, the WiiU and 3DS would be coming later. Come back as I will be doing the last of my Taiko Talk with games as Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb on the 3DS and the three games on the WiiU. I will also be talking about the recent games too. 

Edited by "Casual Trash" Kirbys