Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States

Chrom

2 minutes ago, Yuki said:

kid, you're the one that was trying to push the narrative that hillary supporters were the worst hate group right now

you are not interested in any discussion and are just here to stir shit up like the others

now kindly get your ass out of here

And you're the one trying to push the narrative that Trump is literally Hitler and all his supporters are fascist racist sexist xenophobic homophobic transphobic pieces of shit that are going to lynch people in the street for not being white and straight, using examples including at least one that has been all but debunked.  I think it is important for you to see that your narrative is false and your fears are, in fact, unfounded, regardless of how deeply you feel afraid.  The amount of Hillary supporters advocating violence far outnumbers the amount of calls for violence from Trump supporters and disguising your hatred as a "fight for survival" and hiding behind tears does not change reality.

2 minutes ago, strawberrykeiki said:

And you're the one trying to push the narrative that Trump is literally Hitler and all his supporters are fascist racist sexist xenophobic homophobic transphobic pieces of shit that are going to lynch people in the street for not being white and straight, using examples including at least one that has been all but debunked.  I think it is important for you to see that your narrative is false and your fears are, in fact, unfounded, regardless of how deeply you feel afraid.  The amount of Hillary supporters advocating violence far outnumbers the amount of calls for violence from Trump supporters and disguising your hatred as a "fight for survival" and hiding behind tears does not change reality.

Alright cool, now go back to your bubble  now that've you done your job of informing us.

There's no use in arguing with said member. Said member lives in a place where they don't see the things everyone else is worried about, therefore they don't exist. There is no use trying to argue, especially when they jerk it to your anger. 

Just ignore them and they will go away. Ignoring shit sure seems to work for them pretty damn well. 

1 minute ago, Mao said:

And join you? May God kill me before I ever get to your level.

Leaving your bubble doesn't mean entering the one you think I'm in.

1 minute ago, Yuki said:

Again, fuck out of here with this shit. All you're doing is further proving that you don't want to have a proper discussion.

You're right that my intentions weren't to get into a discussion, because I posted things that already speak for themselves.  My only intention is for you to acknowledge that information.

4 minutes ago, strawberrykeiki said:

I defended trump supporters earlier but at the same time I'm not going to ignore the huge amount of support for him from white nationalists

you got ideological blinders on

Just now, strawberrykeiki said:

Leaving your bubble doesn't mean entering the one you think I'm in.

Your incredibly limited number of examples of people acting shitty does not invalidate everything else that we've expressed our fears being based on. And the fact you thought that providing us examples of people acting shitty was going to suddenly sway us into thinking that every Trump supporter is about as friendly as a magical unicorn proves that you're either very stupid or really didn't want to be helpful at all and wanted to rub in some counter examples of people being shitty to get some sort of smugness out of it.

6 minutes ago, nornir said:

I defended trump supporters earlier but at the same time I'm not going to ignore the huge amount of support for him from white nationalists

you got ideological blinders on

Yet you will ignore the huge amount of people all over social media openly calling for violence against Trump and his supporters, including celebrities like Lea DeLaria.  If I'm blinded I'm no more blinded than you are.

3 minutes ago, Mao said:

Your incredibly limited number of examples of people acting shitty does not invalidate everything else that we've expressed our fears being based on. And the fact you thought that providing us examples of people acting shitty was going to suddenly sway us into thinking that every Trump supporter is about as friendly as a magical unicorn proves that you're either very stupid or really didn't want to be helpful at all and wanted to rub in some counter examples of people being shitty to get some sort of smugness out of it.

Your incredibly limited number of examples of people acting shitty does not validate everything that you've expressed your fears being based on.  And the fact you thought that providing us examples of people acting shitty was suddenly going to sway us into thinking that every Trump suppoerter is about as friendly as a skinhead proves that you're either very stupid or really didn't want to be helpful at all and wanted to rub in some examples of people being shitty to get some sort of smugness out of it.

ken blackwell of the FRC will run the domestic policy transition

you know

this blackwell

I think homosexuality is a lifestyle, it’s a choice, and that lifestyle can be changed,” Blackwell said in response to the question “Is homosexuality a sin, and can gays be cured?” according to published transcripts. “I think it is a transgression against God’s law, God’s will.”

He continued: “The reality is, again…that I think we make choices all the time. And I think you make good choices and bad choices in terms of lifestyle. Our expectation is that one’s genetic makeup might make one more inclined to be an arsonist or might make one more inclined to be a kleptomaniac. Do I think that they can be changed? Yes.

but yeah guys our fears are super unfounded better pack it up

Edited by Yuki

Trump isn't literally Hitler. There will not be regular street lynchings. Not all of Trump's supporters are horrible monsters.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

But Trump said shit that REMINDED people of CERTAIN things like Hitler. Never a good thing. One example: him saying he would be willing to consider requiring Muslims to get a special 'marker' or identifier denoting their faith to the Government. I don't think people being reminded of Germany's stars was completely unfounded.

But hate groups definitely feel emboldened by Trump's win and seem mighty happy, which has the potential to lead to an increase in hate crimes.

But there WAS some racial motivation behind votes for Trump. Just as I believe there was behind votes for Obama. The motivation in this case is not as positive. It wasn't the entire motivation but it's there and people have a good reason to be concerned.

I am transgender and queer. My fiancée is transgender, actively transitioning, and queer. Do I believe that there is a decent likelihood of losing LGBT protection laws, and seeing anti-LGBT legislation appear? YES. Not just because of Trump (the man doesn't make laws), but because of the massive Red Wave that has taken over the country now in full force. This is shit I have to worry about. This is shit I AM worried about. More so because of the Republican control overall than because of Trump as an individual. There's a reason I don't want to ever be in Texas.

2 minutes ago, strawberrykeiki said:

Yet you will ignore the huge amount of people all over social media openly calling for violence against Trump and his supporters, including celebrities like Lea DeLaria.  If I'm blinded I'm no more blinded than you are.

I'm not a liberal, the people protesting trump are not on my side :hamcute:

Okay, so the words of the Presidential-elect and the actions of the people he's chosen for his administration don't mean anything and should be ignored because they've definitely not threatened people and their rights. Okay. There definitely aren't people out there who will go to extremes to impose their hatred on other people by killing them.

Okay.

Are you done yet?

Just now, Mao said:

There definitely aren't people out there who will go to extremes to impose their hatred on other people by killing them.

Okay.

Are you done yet?

Show me these people.  The most prominent example you used in the past has been all but debunked.  Show me where this is taking place.  Show me a single instance of a Trump supporter trying to kill someone.  I'll wait.

My issue isn't that you're afraid of the effects of government policies.  My issue is that you're labeling half the country racists/sexists/fascists that want you dead.  That is nothing more than blind hysteria.