Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States

Chrom

3 minutes ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Oh, I'll make sure any bigotry doesn't go unnoticed. Dude, it hurts to know that I share similar economic ideologies and skin colors with racists and sexists and religious zealots.  

But what you're saying follows the same kind of mentality Trump had when he told Muslims to go regulate their own race to prevent Muslim terrorism. You can't just ask innocent individuals to own up to what a portion of their skin did because THEY DIDN'T DO IT. Just like how you can't go ask all people who are into first person shooter games to apologize on behalf of all those school shooters who happened to play first person shooter games. 

Muslim isn't a race for one. It's an ideology. Muslims. should not have to take responsibility or bear the consequences of a small radical terrorist group bastardizing their religion. 

But you and I can take responsibility for the burdens placed on minority groups because of other white people. We have the ability to pull people up to us. Our privilege affords us protections in area they do not have protection. It is our responsibility to claim the sins of our past and work to fix them. because we are the only ones in the position to do anything about it. We are part of the race that continually oppresses groups of people. We have to be the ones to step in and stop it and take the blame for everything wrong because that's what has to happen for minority groups to be equal.

2 hours ago, strawberrykeiki said:

Being black does not make you immune from being called out when you say racist bullshit.

Saying that only white people have do or have done horrible things is both factually incorrect and blaming millions of innocent people all over the world for things other people did just because they have the same skin color.  That may not be your whacko fucked up ideology's definition of racism, but that's certainly the definition of any rational person.

bruh did you even read my post

not all white people did this but it is definitely only white people's fault that we are living in a system of oppression....like.....that's just obvious........

my mom is white and she surely did not have anything to do with this but she's still part of a race that did and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that 

nowhere did i say only white people have done terrible things, like idk how your arms can even reach that far 

25 minutes ago, Mao said:

It is impossible for white people to take responsibility for the actions of their race. They will deny any and all forms of bigotry on their part in order to maintain the status quo at the cost of everyone else and it's just disgusting.

Oh HECK no. Don't put in the corner with "them". I'm a white person, but never in a thousand years would I support Trump. 

I have a lot of friends who are of the LGBT community, of different races, religions, and so on. I live in Palm FRICKIN' Springs. Probably one of the best places to live.  

I respect other people's opinions (even though it's human nature to argue), and I like to be a friendly person, no matter what. I don't ever tell them what to do. What they do and how they live is none of my gosh darn business. If they want to be homosexual, then who the heck am I to straight out tell them "NO"?! You can't tell a person how to live. THAT'S MESSED UP! 

I even hate the KKK mentality.  

To associate me with THAT is somehow weird stereotyping.  

Back to finding the last post to see. 

1 minute ago, strawberrykeiki said:

This is probably the single most important thing you guys should take from this thread.

Skin color is not an indicator of anything except itself, and cannot itself be used to justify any behavior taken against an individual. 

EDIT: Or a group, for that matter, though I feel that should be implied.

Edited by SatoshiKyu
3 minutes ago, chickadee said:

if you want simple then maybe not complain about people telling you you're cherry picking and go read a cnn article

why join a conversation of this magnitude and then not commit lmao

Honestly feels like committing or not doesn't matter when you've got Kuu involved. Sheesh

2 minutes ago, Yellow said:

Why don't you take responsibility for every bad thing anyone of your race has ever done?

No one is fucking responsible for someone else's crimes because they had the same fucking skin colour.

I agree, me being responsible for the "sins of the father"/"sins of the race" is bullshit. I didn't support slavery and segregation. And I would never do that. The sins DO exist, though. And they were done by white people. Who fought back and defied oppression to win their civil rights? Black people. On both sides, of course, 'the other color' joined in. It's not PURE black & white. Some colored people probably helped whites oppress their fellow man here and there, just as whites joined hands with colored people to stand up AGAINST the oppression in the civil rights movement.

Me? I'm not responsible... for that. But looking back on history is a good way to learn how to be BETTER than that. It's a lesson. Not that I'm the white devil, but that I CAN be the white devil. The devil is in me. The capacity IS there. I don't deny it. Even with my upbringing, in the right environment, with the right buttons pushed... who knows what I could become? We all have a devil inside us, I think. What kind of person will I be? My heart goes out to the pain that has echoed across generations because of what my kind has done. They shame not me personally, but their own race. And if we ignore color, they shame humanity.

4 minutes ago, Sheri said:

Honestly tried to kill myself, but I can't go through with it. I'm a loser and a coward.

I just want somebody to hold me right now.

This community cares deeply about you. I feel your despair and I understand it, but you are not alone. You will survive this.

3 minutes ago, Mao said:

It's actually the entire fucking point. Are you really that dense.

6 minutes ago, chickadee said:

that is exactly the point here

6 minutes ago, Young P said:

How is that not the point? That seems more like the entire point.

12 minutes ago, kuu said:

historical context 

next question 

The point being... because they haven't been oppressed on the basis of their skin color, it's okay to do it now? What? That's not going to lead to anything good.

Keep in mind, I was responding to this post, not the one above me. Let's take it from there.

It is not hypocrisy to hate people who have demonstrated a complete and utter hatred for minority groups. White people have never been victims , they have never been oppressed.

The people who have been oppressed by the white establishment of this country have every right, and every privilege to exercise their full and complete hatred of them.

it is fully justified. 

It is not hypocrisy to hate people who hate other people. Sure. Are you a part of that group? No? Are you white? Yes? Okay. So there are whites that don't fit into that group.

The issue I'm taking is that you're defining "people who have demonstrated a complete and utter hatred for minority groups" as "white people". And that it's okay to discriminate based on that definition.

I mean, we've been through this. Whatever. It is not fully justified. Hate who's oppressing you, sure, but you guys are insulting a much larger group than that. You guys are smart enough to see that. If so, and you still think it's fine, then it's hypocrisy. Or cognitive dissonance or something, I guess.

3 minutes ago, kuu said:

"triggered"

oh, so you're that breed of idiot 

and oh?? my god???

did you really just tell me that you can't understand our incredibly short posts? because you need them to be formatted in a "simple" way for you?

what kind of self drag is this??

I thought getting triggered was what SJWs did. *shrug*

Ah come on, these short replies are like half an MS Word doc long on this forum. 

1 minute ago, chickadee said:

bruh did you even read my post

not all white people did this but it is definitely only white people's fault that we are living in a system of oppression....like.....that's just obvious........

my mom is white and she surely did not have anything to do with this but she's still part of a race that did and there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that 

nowhere did i say only white people have done terrible things, like idk how your arms can even reach that far 

1. Blacks oppress other blacks all over Africa to this day, and ethnic cleansing and other racial conflicts have still happened there very recently.  There are systems of oppression all over the world by all races.  White people are not unique in this throughout history, and modern day Western nations are far less oppressive than many other nations across the world.

2. Being "part of a race" does not imply responsibility for the actions of others of that race.  If it did you would be just as responsible for the oppression of black people as you claim #onlywhitepeople are, since there were in fact black slave owners in this country, black segregationists, black supporters of Jim Crow laws, etc.  Hell the entire slave trade began by African tribes selling prisoners they captured from other tribes.  But no one goes around saying #onlyblackpeople, because that would be racist.

3. You literally said #onlywhitepeople, and specifically differentiated it from #notallwhitepeople

1 minute ago, Sheri said:

That's my problem. I always do.

It's the people I know that don't. I don't want to feel the pain of loss anymore. I don't want to be reminded of the monsters anymore.

I look at this thread and all I see is him.

Take a break from this thread and call the number Yuki posted, here it is again: 1-800-273-8255 And I can't speak for everyone but you know there are people here who you can talk to.