Donald Trump elected 45th President of the United States

Chrom

3 hours ago, Yuki said:

You know, I was really tempted to go off on you.

Then I remembered:

You don't give a single fuck. About anyone but yourself. That goes for the rest of the peanut gallery, too. You would, and will, dismiss what I had to say. After all, it's not your problem, and the other side are just being sore losers, right?

I haven't seen Joey come out of his persona very often. That he did here speaks to what he had to say being important.

America has elected a man who ran on hatred. His campaign was xenophobic, racist, and sexist. Build the wall, lazy black guy, grab her by the pussy. I'm not overly worried about Trump himself, though. I'm more worried what will happen now that his ilk, and many people worse than him, control one of the most powerful governments in the world.  Climate change? Just a Chinese myth to screw over America. That pesky first amendment? Stops me from stopping those meanies telling the truth about us. Nukes? Well, why shouldn't we use them if we have them? Moreover, his win normalizes the hatred he ran on. His supporters will be emboldened. After all, they won. There are already reports of it. It happened after Brexit, too.

I don't expect you to understand. I don't expect you to even consider trying. You're posting on a Nintendo forum, decrying someone else for having feelings. Feelings for others and their safety. You're too far gone, darling, I hate to say.

For the rest of you who maybe aren't, this is a very important thread. Read all of it.

Most of all, I'm tired.

Of course I care, I do nothing but. That's why I made that post

I'm worried that people's paranoia and fear from this election has messed with their heads. Every election this happens (maybe not this bad though) people claiming that if so and so becomes president the country or the world will collapse.
I don't know why people can't see this pattern. Trump "destroying" the country was simply a marketing campaign. To be taken with as much grain of salt as the cherry tree story.

It pains me when a man is being demonized by the mainstream news outlets and yet that doesn't seem suspicious to a lot of people. I hear more people's emotional pleas and simply outright calling Trump worse than Hitler, than actual backing up any of it with reason and evidence. At most I've seen quote mining and articles that just backhand anything positive he's said.

I'll admit this much, he's not my first choice either, but the level of vitriol he's getting is over the top. And his voters are getting the same treatment simply just for voting for who they wanted. This is not how you treat people on the other political side.

All I said was "No Joey, not you too". I'm not try to silence him or say his emotions are not valid, and if I seemed in any way condescending or mean spirited, I apologize cause that wasn't what I was trying to say. Like I said, I'm genuinely concerned, concerned for Joey and anybody who is now depressed or fearful simply because an election happened. You shouldn't be made to feel this way after a vote.

I find it common these days to justify fear and paranoia by saying it's a natural emotional. And that's true, you have the right to your feelings, but that doesn't mean it was logical. Instead of try to quell people's fears they're just being amplifying and reaffirmed. Franklin Roosevelt once said "the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" and I think that's so true at a time like this cause right now it only serves to divide us and cause panic.

I've heard so many claims, everything from 'Trump is going to create concentration camps' to 'Trump is going to make Global Warming worse'. I'm honestly surprised nobody has claimed he's going to cause a nuclear attack at this point, oh wait, you did.

Now, if these fears are reasonable give me concrete evidence that it's likely to happen. Cause I can't reasonably tell what's going to happen and there's so many claims right now I can't tell who's talking out their ass and who, if any, has an actual legitimate concern.

Logical and reason, please, please.

P.S.

Oh and please stop getting pissy at me. You want to debate about the topic, fine. But stop calling me an asshole because I dared to disagree with something. That's a bullshit ad hominem attack and you should know that. Why not just tell me to tell me to get my tubes tied and let that be the entirety of your post if you really think I'm so self-centred?

Edited by Yellow

55xGA31.gif

Spoiler

And now, a quote from imgur: "I didn't vote for him, but it seems that what he represents seems to have struck a chord with the people of America. My true desire is that he will do his best to bring to the table something beneficial to the world of politics, or even our society as a whole. I have my doubts, but at this point there's not much else I can do besides wait and see if he truly has the interest of a better future at heart."

Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media. People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids - all while the very rich become much richer.

To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him. To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-statement-on-trump

bernie's back baby

Edited by nornir
4 hours ago, ace said:

The EPA is done. 

yeah this shit is bugging the hell out of me too, Trump was talking about wanting to reduce and/or take away the emissions and crash standards on cars

I know a lot of old school car guys hate the EPA, but the EPA has forced engineers to really work to innovate the hell out of cars. Cars are not only cleaner today - but also a shit ton faster because things like aerodynamics, forced induction, the downsizing of engines, hybrid technology and electric engines have been worked and worked on to make things so much better. The electric car is finally becoming viable. Fuel cell cars are also on the way, but the infrastructure for refueling stations hasn't been developed yet unless you live in California. Take away what forces engineers to innovate and automobile technology will stagnate. And cmon man we all want faster and cleaner cars too smh

47 minutes ago, Yuki said:

As a woman who knows many people who have been demonized by his campaign, let alone the people that follow him, I do not feel comfortable making that bet.

After all, we spent the entire damn election waiting for a mystical pivot that would, of course, never come.

Again, I do not expect you to understand that, darling.

Examples? Or is this just anecdotal?

Why are you focusing on this man being demonized? Was his campaign not just as hateful, if not worse, to Clinton, to women, to PoC, to LGBT+? And why do you view it with suspicion, hm?

If anything, the mainstream media was being kind to the man. He has no real policies. No real plan. He has said many hateful things. He has displayed an incredible level of ignorance for, frankly, how anything works, as a presidential candidate. There was absolutely no reason to portray this as a horse race other than that being what people were used to, and of course, ratings. The hell of it is? He's been constantly threatening journalist's job security the entire damn time.

Because people are not demons. So when someone demonizes another, it speaks volumes of the speaker, not the person who's being demonized.

Can you give me specific examples? Like I said before, there's just emotional pleas here and painting him out as a villain. Give me something he's said or done and we can work off that.

I would be perfectly be able to admit he is all those things, if you could give me examples.

And he does have a policy! Have you even gone to his site? Here look:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies

It's right there, black and white, clear as day. Are these not real policies to you? 

Darling, this is how I treat people who vote a bigot into office.

They will get respect back once they earn it. They can begin by realizing they have made a monumental mistake and begin striving to improve themselves and others.

So you're just going to be disrespectful?

They just have a different opinion then yours they don't deserve this disdain and slander.

This is a terrible attitude to have, why do you think this is okay?

This is such bullshit that I'm disgusted you actually thought I would buy this.

If you're actually sincere, which I highly doubt, then type what you actually mean instead of vague nonsense.

Okay, what am I being vague about? Let me try to clear this up if I can.

Well, that's a nice platitude.

Sometimes, darling, fear is justified.

Once again, I do not expect you to understand why so many are scared for the future. Maybe try growing some empathy instead of relying on cold logic.

Yes, it's the trump supporters we should be frightened of, not this:

Yes, logic is good, what's wrong with logic?

If there's a problem with using logic, let me know.

Try arguing in good faith next time, darling.

I am. Least I'm trying to.

Well, darling, if you won't take what he has literally said and campaigned on, then you cannot be pleased. See above.

See what above? Your links?

I do love me some good irony.

When have I called you an asshole?

I think you're condescending and you have a moral superiority complex but I don't think you're an asshole. I just think you're trying to do what you think is right, just like everybody else.

Edited by Yellow