Official ダンガンロンパ Thread

ace

8 minutes ago, Jun The Bob-Omb Ace said:
  Hide contents

I really liked Kuwata though, he had more potential then Hagakure. :(

...I ship him and Sayaka though.

Spoiler

He was the person I was most looking forward to getting to know in the first game, and I found his demise one of the more needless and annoying! My discussions with Isotope suggest many feel the first game made a lot of mistakes in who lived and died, or at least when they did. The second game struck a better balance. Though I was definitely devastated over the loss of Peko, it gave Fuyuhiko's character great motive to press on and do good! ^^

Edit: We need some better spoiler boxes. XD

Edited by The Guardian Mew
4 minutes ago, The Guardian Mew said:

Hide contents

He was the person I was most looking forward to getting to know in the first game, and I found his demise one of the more needless and annoying! My discussions with Isotope suggest many feel the first game made a lot of mistakes in who lived and died, or at least when they did. The second game struck a better balance. Though I was definitely devastated over the loss of Peko, it gave Fuyuhiko's character great motive to press on and do good! ^^

Edit: We need some better spoiler boxes. XD

Let's bother Chrom about it later.

Spoiler

In some dev interviews I read, Leon and Sayaka were the first characters ever created for Danganronpa or should I say DISTRUST, beta DR. The two were commonly used to test out certain execution, they were like Guinea pigs which I thought was morbid. They were sick of them of always using them that they used them as the first victims in the first chapter, which sucks...

Those two really need more love, but I'm glad Pixiv was happy enough to provide some cute art~

Oh, did you also read the mangas?

Edited by Jun The Bob-Omb Ace

Nope. I've played 1 and 2, but that's it.

1 minute ago, Jun The Bob-Omb Ace said:

Let's bother Chrom about it later.

Hide contents

In some dev interviews I read, Leon and Sayaka were the first characters ever created for Danganronpa or should I say DISTRUST, beta DR. The two were commonly used to test out certain execution, they were like Guinea pigs which I thought was morbid. They were sick of them of always using them that they used them as the first victims in the first chapter, which sucks...

Those two really need more love, but I'm glad Pixiv was happy enough to provide some cute art~

Oh, did you also read the mangas?

2 hours ago, ace said:

Explain to me. How does one like Nagito at all.

Like completely divorced from his actions in the games/anime I can't stand him

I like to think of him as mysterious and unpredictable. I'm always eager to know what he'll do next, his luck would always lead to some funny moments.

Spoiler

...Before he came the Ultimate Despair.

oh, so is there not a game to match the 3rd anime that was airing? y; I thought there were 3 games but I guess I was wrong. That's...weird.

I'm currently in chapter 3 of of a DR2 playthrough that I'm watching with my buddy, and I'm really loving it so far. The story and characters feel like a big improvement on the first one and I'm more invested. Can't wait to watch the anime after we're done with it even though I know a few spoilers already. 

i'd buy the games and just play them but i'm v poor ;-;

3 hours ago, ace said:

Explain to me. How does one like Nagito at all.

Like completely divorced from his actions in the games/anime I can't stand him

How does one not? He's great for the role he plays in the series and his back story is pretty interesting if you do his Free Time Events in 2.

17 minutes ago, chickadee said:

oh, so is there not a game to match the 3rd anime that was airing? y; I thought there were 3 games but I guess I was wrong. That's...weird

Yeah Danganronpa 3 is two anime airing simultaneously, but there's no game counterpart for it. On the other hand we do have the third mainline game, New Danganronpa V3, coming out next year in Japan. It's supposed to cover a different setting with new characters and features a cutie as the protagonist:

In addition to 1/2 and V3, there's also Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls which is more of a puzzle shooter game.

Just now, chickadee said:

thank god there's a girl protag because hajime and makoto are pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to me

what do you mean when you say two anime airing simultaneously? it's two different series?

Ultra Despair Girls also has a girl protagonist, by the way.

I can't go into too much detail on why exactly because you're still in the middle of DR2 but they're two series that are different time-wise but link up and should be watched in airing order. One is called Future Arc and the other is called Despair Arc. So you should watch it like:

Future Arc Episode 1 -> Despair Arc Episode 1 -> Future Arc Episode 2 -> Despair Arc Episode 2 -> Future Arc Episode 3 -> Despair Arc Episode 3 -> etc.