TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED (Now on Switch) | 🆕New modes coming 2/22!

3 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

I want to play more of Connected Online, but its like you cant find enough players to play it.   Which seems odd for how many should be playing.

Yeah, it took awhile for me to find players in Connected Mode and it was release night of the Switch version when I was playing. I heard Coss-Play had issues on other platforms when it launched back in Aug., so it could be a bug. Also, if you want to play Connected Mode, you can always play with the CPU in Local Matches or just see if anyone here wants to play. ;)  ...But yeah... There should be more players, especially since the Connected update went to all other platforms (Non-Microsoft platforms) when the game launched on Steam on Aug. 18th. 

BTW, I came across this...

This weekend's Weekend Ritual modes...

Ooo...NICE! We get to unlock a Rez∞ avatar.  :)  BTW, The Weekend Ritual is a great way to unlock more avatars, especially rare avatars. If the community goal is met before the event is over, rare avatars are more likely to drop (I assume only in the current Weekend Ritual modes).

Edited by alienboyva

I got 39th in this week's Weekend Ritual (I was 22nd when I went to bed)...

I'm surprised I made the top 100. Though I think that's because most of these people are on Switch. Players on other platforms are most likely way done with doing Weeked Rituals. BTW, I noticed when looking at the Weekend Ritual leaderboard that when filtering by "My Score" or "Friends" in says NO DATA. IDK if this a bug in the Switch version or what...?

Here's something cool I came across... When playing the the Stratosphere stage, depending on the time on day, you'll get different music...

7pm-7am: "So They Say"
7am-3pm: "Like Never Before"
3pm-7pm: "Here"

🔗https://www.reddit.com/r/TetrisEffect/comments/q0efmg/how_the_music_changes_in_the_stratosphere_tetris/

I was wondering why this stage had different music when I was playing over the weekend. Before I've only ever played this stage after 7pm, so I was surprised when this stage didn't have the song "So They Say". It's really cool that this stage has different songs depending on the time of day you play it, but I wish there was also a way to choose which song plays when choosing the stage (like holding a button when selecting the stage, for example).

New patch out (mostly for the Switch version) and entering the code to get the secret stage is now fixed on Switch...

Wow, they fixed a lot on Switch. I was unaware of the sleep mode issue. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for a full fix. Also, nice to see they are aware of some of the frame rate issues and will fix it in the next patch.

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED | Now Available on Nintendo Switch!

I got another All Clear (see tweet below)! BTW, if you haven't played this game with headphones yet, I highly recommend doing so. I know it says use headphones every time you start up the game, but man...they're not kidding. Ahhh...This game's soundtrack so damn good!!!  

• 2 weeks later...

New update out, with quite a few Switch fixes...

Nice to see more optimization to the overall visual quality and performance on Switch. Also nice to see they added "offline mode" in the options on Switch to reduce error messages when playing while not connected to the internet.

Edited by alienboyva

I now have all the stages unlocked, including the one that requires a USB keyboard to unlock!...

*You can play this stage regardless of your level if the community reaches the goal (100%) during the Weekend Ritual (Stage is gone when the WR is over).*

Not as cool as the one in Tetris 99, but still very cool!

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED (Now on Switch) | 🆕New modes coming 2/22!

New modes are coming to the game on Feb. 22nd, including tate mode for Switch!...

Nice to see Marathon mode with the Zone future (I'm surprised it wasn't there before) and Single player Classic Score Attack (Classic Tetris players are going to love this!). Also, it's cool to see tate mode for the Switch. Too bad there's no Flip Grip for the OLED Switch. :( 

Edited by alienboyva

Sorry, I meant to post this sooner, but totally forgot. Hopefully anyone with the Switch version hasn't updated yet. *See tweet below*

IDK, if the patch is out yet, but I would assume that Enhance would post something when it's live. Also, IDK if downloading a pervious save back-up from the cloud will restore your local high scores/stats.

*Also, the banner in the OP has been updated to reflect the new artwork.

Edited by alienboyva

The Switch patch is now available...

If your local high scores/ranks got deleted, see the link in the tweet on how to recover them for Effect Modes/Journey Mode from your Online Rankings.

NOTE: 

• If you are not in the online rankings, your scores/rank can not be recovered.
  • High scores/ranks can't be recovered for Relax Modes do to them not having Online Rankings.
  • Since your rank for Master Mode is based on lines and not score, rank will not be displayed on the Effect Modes screen if you are not on the Lines Leaderboard.

Edited by alienboyva
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a heads up for those digging the soundtrack for this game.... Vol.2 is now available on various platforms (iTunes/Apple Music, Pandora, Spotify, etc.) which has the songs from the Connected "multiplayer" modes. Do to certain limitations they had to release the Connected OST as a separate 11 song album, though if you bought the original 40 song OST on Bandcamp or Steam you will get the new songs for free.

I've been listening to the Vol.2 soundtrack on Pandora and I forgot how good the soundtrack is in the multiplayer modes. I usually just play the single players modes so... I absolutely love this game's soundtrack! Every time I go to play the game I'm always blown away at how good the music is, even though I've heard these songs numerous times.

Official playlist of the Vol.2 Connected Edition album:

Edited by alienboyva