TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED (Now on Switch) | 🆕New modes coming 2/22!

mpCrObh.png

Release Date: October 8th

Price: $39.99 *25% off at launch (First 2 weeks)*

Site: https://www.tetriseffect.game/

vyAdoIA.png

Tetris Effect: Connected is Tetris® like you've never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before—an incredibly addictive, unique, and breathtakingly gorgeous reinvention of one of the most popular puzzle games of all time, from the people who brought you the award-winning Rez Infinite and legendary puzzle game Lumines.

Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects—everything, down to the Tetris pieces themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you're playing, making any of the game's 30+ stages and 10+ modes something you'll want to experience over and over again.

8kqrEZ8.jpeg

A challenge for the mind and a feast for all the senses, Tetris Effect: Connected is the perfect excuse to play Tetris again... and again...and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and again and again and...

OajNBGY.png  Includes Cross-Platform Multiplayer! Players on different platforms can easily join Friend Match rooms with the new Room ID feature. Spectator Mode is available in Friend Matches. A room can contain up to 8 total people.

OajNBGY.png  Includes the “Zone” mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering “the Zone” and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to “Game Over,” or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.

OajNBGY.png  Multiplayer mode "Zone Battle," which shakes up traditional 1-on-1 Tetris gameplay via the time-stopping Zone mechanic made famous in Tetris Effect.

OajNBGY.png  A "Connected" co-op mode, where up to three players can literally connect their Tetris playfields together and play as one.

OajNBGY.png  Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.

OajNBGY.png  Ranked and unranked play, matchmaking, and player progression for unlockable avatars.

*About from Nintendo.com  |  Tetris Effect: Connected is the free multiplayer update for Tetris Effect.

lT5yHq2.png

Spoiler

d5sVds6.png

*CLICK TO ENLARGE*

dcpoci0.png   k6PiJqA.png

QO1MO0z.png   RP7WkPM.png

dTkK6Nv.png   MpUF2Ty.png

emwcIaT.gif

Edited by alienboyva

I'm wondering if this game will launch with a physical version as well, like on the PS4...? I know when the game hit Xbox with Connected it was digital only. I have a feeling they'll just do a physical release with Limited Run Games later on down the road, like with LUMINES REMASTERED.

Also, It kind of sux this game is releasing the same day as Metroid Dread. I'm super hyped for Dread, but this is my dream puzzle game. When it was first announced for the PS4, my mind was blown that it was actually being made. I've always wished for a puzzle game with over-the-top trippy/chill/kickass music, an over-the-top /unique/trippy art style/graphics, an atmosphere that puts you in that "trance" (if you know what I mean), and why not just make it TETRIS. The closest thing that has come to that has been LUMINES. I've kind of wish they'd just take that concept, but make it TETRIS, and THEY DID! It's kind of funny that Tetsuya Mizuguchi wanted to make a TETRIS game, but couldn't get the license at the time, so he created LUMINES instead. :P  Anyway... I'm so happy that my dream puzzle game is finally coming! to Switch. I been waiting since 2018 for it, so it might be awhile before I actually start Metroid Dread. :v :D 

Oh, and speaking of LUMINES... If you like puzzle games and haven't gotten LUMINES REMASTERED...

Edited by alienboyva

I've played a fair bit on XB1 thanks to Game Pass, and it's an experience like Enhance's other games. I have to wonder about how good its HD Rumble support is going to be. At least on XB1, they've taken advantage of the extra rumble in the triggers, setting it off every three or four beats. So it's rumble, rumble, rumble, rumble+trigger. Would imagine on Switch (Maybe PS4 as well), it'll be weak, weak, weak, strong. Something like that.

If anyone is curious on how the game performs on Switch...

I'm so glad the matrix will appear larger in handheld/tabletop modes. I was really worried that things would be way too small on the Switch's screen. It's nice that it can be adjusted as well

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED | Available on Switch MIDNIGHT (local time)!
  • alienboyva changed the title to TETRIS EFFECT: CONNECTED | Now Available on Nintendo Switch (25% off at launch)!

I got a chance to play a bit of this game and... IT’S NOT A GAME! IT’S AN EXPERIENCE!!!  Tetris Effect has exceeded my expectations and way more! There have been so many times where I’ve been like “Whoa!” “Whoooaah!” “WHOA!!!!” 😆 I like how there are a bunch of modes and how there are some just chill modes where you don’t have to worry about getting a Game Over. I’ve yet to try out any of the multiplayer modes, but they look really fun, especially the co-op mode. Also, the HD rumble is really good (similar to how it is in Lumines Remastered). I’m surprised they didn’t say anything about it. The music... OMG! THE MUSIC! THE MUSIC! OMG!!! THE MUSIC!!! It’s so damn good! 

If you love puzzle games, especially Tetris, then you owe it to yourself to experience Tetris Effect if you haven’t yet on other platforms. ;)

Edited by alienboyva

👀

I assume if they did a physical release it'd be through Limited Run Games like with Lumines Remastered (base game, collectors set,  & Collectors set + OST on vinyl). If a few months later they just drop this at retail like when the game first launched (PS4 only at the time), It'd be a bit annoyed. ...But, HEY! I was able to get this for $5 do the 25% off launch sale, a 3DS/Wii U eShop card (the old orange one) I forgot I had, and $5 left in my account form when I bought Lumines Remaster, so...

15 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Uggh, don't know if I will get to that mode...all kinds of craziness going on..

Played a mode and beat it and opened up the next path.

Game is trippy and Zen like...

Not sure how much I like the flashing of the lights while playing, kind of distracts me

Digging the music and the graphics...

I beat Journey Mode on normal and the final stage is amazing, especially it's music. With this stage you can definitely tell they had to tone down some of the crazy effects to get this running decently on the Switch (see footage of this stage on other platforms). Also, the special stage that is available during the Weekend Ritual when the goal has been met is SO GOOD (you can permanently unlock this at lvl 50)! Also, there's another special stage you can unlock, but it requires a USB Keyboard. First, press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, A, B on the title screen. Next, enter 06061984 (the birth day of Tetris) using a USB keyboard. To get to these you have to go play a mode like that lets you choose toy stage, like Marathon, for example. ;) 

This game is AMAZING! It has exceeded all my wildest expectations and then some. I love how the Switch has be come THE Tetris machine, with games Puyo Puyo Tetris, Tetris 99, and Tetris Effect, which are some of the best Tetris games. I really we can get a Tetris Effect theme in Tetris 99 and a Tetris 99 them in the Switch version of Tetris Effect.

EDIT: I just tried to unlock the special sapge that requires using a USB keyboard and it's not working. :(  Maybe this isn't available on Switch version for some reason...?

EDIT 2: Apparently this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next update for the Switch version...

Edited by alienboyva

Beat beginner journey mode....  I would have scored/done so much better on points/ranks had on the last stage I not gotten screwed at 29/30 lines.... in like 3 of the sections.  

I am digging this game's style but one thing that has annoyed me is the random speed upticks and then some of the flashing kind of distracts from focus.

I also played my sessions today in portable mode.... and yeah. that OLED is looking nice.

I did play the first worlds of that mode on my tv and it looks good there too.... but I think this game is a portable paradise as it takes that intimate, close focus to keep you in the zone.

Anyways, performance might have also been better had I gotten some sleep the last week too LOL.

22 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Beat beginner journey mode....  I would have scored/done so much better on points/ranks had on the last stage I not gotten screwed at 29/30 lines.... in like 3 of the sections.  

I am digging this game's style but one thing that has annoyed me is the random speed upticks and then some of the flashing kind of distracts from focus.

I also played my sessions today in portable mode.... and yeah. that OLED is looking nice.

I did play the first worlds of that mode on my tv and it looks good there too.... but I think this game is a portable paradise as it takes that intimate, close focus to keep you in the zone.

Anyways, performance might have also been better had I gotten some sleep the last week too LOL.

I've only beaten Journey Mode on normal and I wonder if it's worth doing so on beginner or just try expert? Yeah, the last level gets pretty fast and you really have to pay attention to what's coming up next and be thinking ahead. I managed to beat it on my first try (requires 90 line clears to beat on normal), with not too much trouble.

Yeah, some of the speed increases really caught me of guard on some stages and really messed me up.

-------------------------------------

My thoughts on some of the single player and multiplayer modes....

Single Player

• Mystery: Besides your standard Marathon mode, this is by far my favorite. I find it fun to see how long I can go and if it can recover from certain situations that can screw up your game, when they throw things at you, like a massive tetrimino, 7 of the same tetriminos in a row, flipping your matrix upside down making your controls reversed, etc. 
  • Marathon: I kind of wish there was a Zone Marathon Mode so I can practice the Zone mechanic. Also, it'd be cool if there was a Playlist Mode like in LUMINES, where you can cycle through whatever stages in the order you want.
  • Master: This mode is pretty nuts. It's like the highest speed in Tetris Grand Master where the speed is so fast that tetriminos stop falling and just appear. If you lose focus of a second, your game can be over immediately! This mode is actually pretty fun and grate for practicing playing at higher speeds. IIRC, I got a C rank on my first try, which is way better than I expected.

Multiplayer

• Zone Battle: I think having the Zone mechanic in VS mode is cheap as fuck! There have been quite a few times playing against the CPU (haven't played this online yet) where they will go in Zone Mode and clear all their garbage just before they're about to lose. Also, at the start, I'll be trying to set a back-to-back tetris and they will go into Zone Mode and send me more garbage than I can possibly clear, before I even filled my zone meter. This annoys me way more than any of the BS I've dealt with in Tetris 99. I kind of wish there was a standard VS mode (IDK if there is a setting to turn Zone off or not). Also, I'd be cool if you could chose the stage you to play on. IDK, maybe I'll like this mode more when I get better at using the Zone. BTW, I highly recommend setting the tetrimino colors to the standard colors in this mode. It makes quickly distinguishing between S & Z and L & J tetriminos much easier (A lot of players seem to do this).
  • Connected: This mode is a lot of fun. Though, I heard the last area gets pretty damn hard. I hopefully I can find some people online that are good enough that can help me beat it.
  • Classic Score Attack: This mode is really cool and I'm surprised it was allowed, given all the rules the Tetris Company has. Basically this mode is like matches they have at the Classic Tetris World Championship (CTWC) where they VS in Tetris for the NES. Since Tetris on the NES is only single player, they both play a game of NES Tetris (at the same time) and whoever gets the highest score wins. It's really cool that there's a way practice/play CTWC style in a modern Tetris game without needing 2 TVs, 2 NES consoles, and 2 copies of NES Tetris. Though, modern Tetris has spoiled the fuck out of me. I find it a bit hard to play classic style when you can't hold tetriminos. >_<

Edited by alienboyva