Santa Destroy - N4A Chat Thread - August 2021

Tyranogre

14 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

going between league's community and FFXIV's is surreal because they're on literal opposite sides of the spectrum

i don't think i've had a really terrible experience in the 2k+ hours i've put into FFXIV, the most i get is like

everybody headpatting my character which is RACISM

my worst experience in FFXIV

Capture2.PNG.a3057e623b6861675d33f43fd785a0ea.PNG

ff14 is fun but after this month i don't think i'm gonna keep playing it y; i don't read literally any of the text because there's so much of it, it doesn't even feel worth my time, and i just don't think the MMO format is for me 

its just so vast it just feels like Too Much lol

4 hours ago, potato said:

my worst experience in FFXIV

Capture2.PNG.a3057e623b6861675d33f43fd785a0ea.PNG

i got called a bad healer by an undergeared tank who figured that pulling a dungeon to the boss gate without using any cooldowns was somehow my fault

i told him to use cooldowns or i'm letting him die and then he afk'd and we vote-kicked him theydonothing;

Spoiler

ffxiv_08072021_154246_042.thumb.png.d485527fb795890695cf6e3609db2d83.png

potato

I used to main Medic back when I played TF2.

One time I got yelled at by a Soldier for repeatedly taunting with my Amputator to keep the whole team alive while defending the last point instead of ubering him to make a push toward recapturing a different point.

1 hour ago, ace said:

Every now and then a tank will call me a bad healer for not solely focusing on keeping them at 100%. It’s funny 

healers who keep their party topped off are bad healers who waste MP and healing real estate, and i will let that tank ride 20-30% before i decide to stop DPSing

i'm weathered and tired and have very much become the architypical healer that will corral these children because i will not let those idiots stand between me and success, i don't tell the BLM to stop using ley lines when the boss enters an untargetable phase, do not tell me how to do my job because it's not my fault if you somehow manage to die through crit adlo, crit excog, sacred soil and aetherpact theydonothing;

Edited by Edie Napier
On 8/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, Stephen 776 said:

Twitter's great for following artists, I find. So much slash for whatever my new ship of the week is y;

it'll probably be rindo x fret after I start NEO TWEWY this week

art on Twitter is great! shame about literally everything else making it really hard to justify

I think I've finally figured out what it is that keeps pushing me away from the Kiseki series:

It's my fear of spoilers.

I'm the type of person that tries to finish as much of a game on my own as possible, but if there's a particular part that I get stuck on, I'll end up looking up a guide online.

My fear is that, for example, I'll play through Cold Steel and get stuck in the boss fight against Kevin Robinson from school because I keep dying to his "Show Everyone Your DeviantArt" attack. So then I'd try to look up a guide, only to accidentally scroll down too far and read "After the fight, you'll be treated to a cutscene where Shadow turns Rean to the darkness and he loses part of his ear in the ensuing battle (plz stop PMing me that's why he doesn't have it)."

And since the only thing I know about this series is how well-regarded the story is, I'm afraid of being spoiled in such a stupid way.

okay, I had another awful FFXIV experience lol

I told them I was playing tank for the first time and this Lancer went and did every pull and did these giant pulls of every enemy in the dungeon which made everybody die, then they said the healer was awful

the only way I could pull anything was by sprinting ahead of them, it was so ridiculous lol

1 hour ago, potato said:

okay, I had another awful FFXIV experience lol

I told them I was playing tank for the first time and this Lancer went and did every pull and did these giant pulls of every enemy in the dungeon which made everybody die, then they said the healer was awful

the only way I could pull anything was by sprinting ahead of them, it was so ridiculous lol

was it me because i did that recently to our tank to intentionally stress them and the healer out theydonothing;