Santa Destroy - N4A Chat Thread - August 2021

Tyranogre

Last night i was playing a bit more Minecraft on PC yesterday evening and used a nearby Ruined Portal to fix and fire up a Nether Portal and finally go to the Nether after putting it off for so long

I got extremely lucky finding a Nether Fortress nearby in the Direction i went and got 21 Blaze Rods out of it… hopefully that’s going to be enough… not sure, honestly 

Granted i had to make 4 or 5 trips back because i kept dying… good thing i didn’t bring my good Enchanted Diamond gear or other good gear with me 

That would have been quite irritating to lose and difficult to recover considering the enchantments they have

Looks like Animaniacs is greenlit for a second season - haven’t even started on that one yet

And sounds like  Jellystone! Is coming to Cartoon Network in September- hopefully that also means it’s coming to the CN streaming service as well… which would be pretty good considering I don’t even have HBO Max anyway 

From what i heard the guy who’s behind it also worked on Chowder - So it looks like it could be pretty promising and hopefully good

Fin Fantasy II. 

Execution is baffling  

for fresh hot ideas. 

Final Fantasy II really baffled me. What it has given to the series can't be taken away. If the creators had more time to work on fine-tuning the proficiency system, on making better dungeons, and balancing the enemies and encounter rates... this would've been a fantastic game. It has things going for it, but my criticisms of this game cannot be ignored. I hear the SaGa series improved on the proficiency thing, so maybe I'll play one of those games eventually.  

It's not a downright horrible game. There's potential, and as much I wanted to like it, I'll likely never play this game again. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Would you rather:

1. Zelda HD Collection (Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, 3DS Remake of Majora's Mask)

2. Oracle Remake Collection (Switch Link's Awakening graphics, possible minor additions)

3. Ocarina of Time full remake (full graphical overhaul, re-scale environments, full orchestrated soundtrack, keep story and dungeon layouts, possible content additions)

Edited by EH_STEVE
On 8/9/2021 at 9:56 AM, EH_STEVE said:

Would you rather:

1. Zelda HD Collection (Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, 3DS Remake of Majora's Mask)

2. Oracle Remake Collection (Switch Link's Awakening graphics, possible minor additions)

3. Ocarina of Time full remake (full graphical overhaul, re-scale environments, full orchestrated soundtrack, keep story and dungeon layouts, possible content additions)

B, cause the Oracle games are great, Nintendo's idea of HD is sorely lacking, and Ocarina really needs a rest for a while

On 8/9/2021 at 7:56 AM, EH_STEVE said:

Would you rather:

i dont want any of these!! 

DS ZELDA HD REMAKES

REMAKE PHANTOM HOURGLASS COWARDS

also i love the oracle games but LA's graphics are just not as charming as everyone makes it out to be imo...like it looks nice for sure but i just do not feel strongly about the style anymore, having seen the game in motion.....also im tired of OoT, if they resell OoT even once again in my lifetime itll be too soon

yeah it's cute in screenshots but feels weirdly slow, and the effects are way too much for the style haha. i don't hate it either though.
phantom hourglass sorely needs so many QoL changes so yeah that would be a good one too.
i remember half the puzzles in that game being purely touchscreen gimmicks though. it might be too much work for Nintendo's idea of remakes lol

4 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I'd be down for Oracle remakes if they had all the same QOL improvements that Link's Remakening had, such as being able to equip more than one goddamn item at a time.

DS remakes wouldn't work because the Switch doesn't have a microphone.

idk, they made twewy work on the switch and that's like the most DS game to ever grace the system imo

much like how they made waggle controls work for buttons w skyward sword, life finds a way

16 minutes ago, April said:

yeah it's cute in screenshots but feels weirdly slow, and the effects are way too much for the style haha. i don't hate it either though.
phantom hourglass sorely needs so many QoL changes so yeah that would be a good one too.
i remember half the puzzles in that game being purely touchscreen gimmicks though. it might be too much work for Nintendo's idea of remakes lol

i also thought it was rly slow and ty thought i was insane for saying that!! something about it just feels like its encased in jelly lmao

31 minutes ago, Spring said:

idk, they made twewy work on the switch and that's like the most DS game to ever grace the system imo

much like how they made waggle controls work for buttons w skyward sword, life finds a way

I tend to disagree.

TWEWY Final Remix felt weird to control. Though, that’s because I played it handheld.  

Not calling it a bad game. My favorite part is the amazing music. Twister is one of the best opening songs I ever heard. 

It's really fascinating how a lot of Nintendo's old "gimmicks" from back in the olden days have come back to haunt us in this day and age where video game preservation has become such a big issue.

Both models of the Switch have found ways to work around motion contols for Wii ports even while docked, such as the touch screen for Mario Galaxy, or the right analog stick for Skyward Sword. Likewise, a lot of Wii U ports that heavily used the Gamepad have simply added extra pause menus to accommodate the same things.

But then you have things like New Pokemon Snap using the Switch's social media connectivity to replicate the experience of taking your cartridge to Blockbuster to have your favorite photos printed out, or the Virtual Console port of Super Mario Advance 4 coming with the e-Reader exclusive levels pre-installed.

Hell, five billion years from now after the sun explodes, we'll no longer be able to play Boktai. theydonothing;