Santa Destroy - N4A Chat Thread - August 2021

Tyranogre

• Chrom pinned this topic

Pokemon Unite is fine but the two problems it has for me is that it's inevitably going to draw comparisons to League which is a game that's obviously more fleshed out than a mobile/console MOBA, and also being a recently launched MOBA it's just not very good or balanced at the moment either. y;

Quick battles are what I enjoy in it because standard/ranked games honestly kinda suck because the first 8 minutes of the game matter so little lol.

Even the FFII Chocobo Theme is good. 

... I got the Bundle.  

... And, yes, I'm playing FFII. Too bad it doesn't have the glitch! 

I'm kind of actually torn on this game.

The story has some good story elements. The first few minutes alone are intense. The talking mechanic or whatever clearly needed some work. Besides that, the playable characters at least have some relevance to the story than those of the first game. They're bland characters, but at least they're not some unnamed warriors who have no connection to each other. Again, I'm saying that they're not the best party of the series.  

The new orchestrated music is amazing. As for sound effects, dear gosh the airships are loud!  

The new sprite design looks incredible. I hear horror stories of the font. It's readable, and there's nothing that doesn't catch my eye. There's also this screen tear thing I haven't witnessed.  

For how customizable the combat is... grinding for later weapon and stat levels is kind of a problem. And, yes, I did beat up my characters. Surprisingly my Guy has the most HP, MP, and better spells. My Maria is the weakest of the group, but I wanted her to be the best spell caster of the three. My Firion is the heavy hitter of the three. 

The stat-leveling system is strange, beyond words. The only one I truly focused on right now is HP. Yet, maybe because of the enemies, I was able to do better. Though, casting spells and MP is easy enough. I think the actions like battling and getting hit increase speed and agility. Or something like that. 

I also knew that the weapon-leveling system was one of the first of its kind, and used better for the SaGa games. As for how grindy it can be, the results have paid off... for the most part. 

Yet, that doesn't take away the fact that sometimes I got lost with no clear direction (the map doesn't help that much), the world progression is the most baffling (you get rewarded with exploring the world... by being ganged up on monsters from random encounters clearly better than you at the moment, rather than being told you can't go anywhere), and the dungeons are the most heinous of the series. I love the new quick save feature this version brings, so I know what not to do. 

Besides that, I got to admire that this game has airships, the first Cid, the first Chocobo, and some of the monsters and other elements that still appear in recent Final Fantasy games. It's not wholly a horrible game... but I do think it's one of the weakest in the series. I'd rather play this game before VIII and XIII and its sequels.      

6 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Just get into a fight with some Goblins and spend a few minutes beating yourselves up.

I spent about three to five hours getting my characters to at least 6500 HP.  

Currently at when the Dreadnought wastes no time bombing the world and after my team gets the mythril. Sheesh, I think this is the most depressing plot in the series (or VI, or VII, but there's nothing to be considered "fun" here). Then again, I have yet to play XII, and I have had not played that game yet... Zodiac version, that is. 

Too bad the items and spells are ludicrously expensive, and the amount of gil received is downright pitiful at times.

20 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Too bad the items and spells are ludicrously expensive, and the amount of gil received is downright pitiful at times.

I haven't played FFII yet but this is so true of the first game too... By the end of the game you still can't afford any of the good spells lol. If I ever play FFI again I'm not using any black mages.

(for the NES one, idk if the other versions are better)

NSFW question.

Spoiler

So is anyone on KIK actually interested in sexting, or are they all just trying to get me to sign up for a bunch of shitty dating sites?

Don't worry, I haven't given out my credit card information, and I made a separate email account. I learned my lesson from last year's Onlyfans incident. theydonothing;

Edited by Tyranogre
On 8/2/2021 at 4:18 AM, potato said:

I haven't played FFII yet but this is so true of the first game too... By the end of the game you still can't afford any of the good spells lol. If I ever play FFI again I'm not using any black mages.

(for the NES one, idk if the other versions are better)

I never really had too much of an issue grinding out GP in FF1. Just fight the enemies outside that town that sells all the silver armor.

3 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

upset that i don't get to see the cool second phases of the omegascape raids in FFXIV unless i'm running savage

GIVE ME NEO EXDEATH

Meh, the Black Mages version is better! 

Speaking of FF... 

Man, FFII is just weird.  

Firion is tricked by pirates, and then later asks them to stop the Emperor, Firion was tricked by a monster disguising as Hilda (with a weird seductive scene), he and his friends beat the monster up, then they go to the Emperor's Colosseum and beat up a BEHEMOTH, then they get duped an thrown into a dungeon, and then just walk out. 

I'm also conflicted on the monsters. Some of them have cool designs, but sometimes they have high DEF and MAG DEF. Killing the recent enemies is mostly time-consuming, since most of my party is over 9000 HP.