Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG - YGOPro Percy now has Links!

Fire

welcome to non-specific card game thread

discuss specific card game here and play it with me so that i can play 60 card steelswarm gishki gusto ritual beasts against you

Upcoming Set Releases:

OCG:
- Dimension Box Limited Edition (November 26th)
- Pendulum Evolution Structure Deck (December 23rd)

- Maximum Crisis (January 14th)

- Structure Deck R: Tyranno's Rage (February 25th)

TCG:
- Pendulum Domination Structure Deck (January 20th)

- Raging Tempest (February 10th)

- Fusion Enforcers (February 24th)

- Duelist Saga (March 31st)

CURRENT TOURNAMENT:

Booster Brawl

- Single Match (best 2 out of 3 Duels wins the Match), Round Robin

- Starting LP: 8000

- Theme: Booster Brawl

- Banlist: Unlimited

- Description: It's time to test your luck and deckbuilding skills! You will be receiving 50 randomized booster packs of cards upon signing up for the tournament. You are only able to use cards you pull in these booster packs! Let's see if you can do better than Edo Phoenix and create something interesting and viable! One last thing... The banlist is Unlimited. Be warned!

Specific Tournament Rules:

- If you pull a card, you can use up to 3 copies of that card. (You don't need to pull a card individually in three separate instances to be able to use three copies of it.)

- All randomization will take place using the YGO Pack Simulator website (http://yugiohpacksimulator.com/). I will distribute packs as soon as possible after you sign up. There will be a period of a week after signups close that you can use to build your Deck though.

- You may add any ONE card to your Deck outside of the ones acquired through your booster packs, but only that one specific card. (It can also be used at up to 3 copies though.)

- THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE HOSTED IN THE SPAN OF A SINGLE WEEKEND, Friday to Sunday of that weekend. All matches must be completed during this time duration. Any unfinished matches by the end of Sunday night will be automatic forfeits for anyone who cannot show up for said matches. The specific weekend will be determined through consensus, so please let me know which weekends are good for you within the end of December/the month of January. I will try to accommodate everyone as best as possible.

- Signups end December 16th. Make sure to sign up before then if you want to participate!

Signups: OPEN

1) Fire

2) Grimlock

3) Isotope

4) Chrom

Edited by Fire
3 minutes ago, Chrom said:

I've played against him a bunch but the only time I've been able to beat the Vagabond in Duel Links was by having him deck out. Is he really this tough or do I just need to get good?

Red Hat Man is protagonist of the Tag Force games so he probably just has a bunch of plot armor.

2 hours ago, Jon Mess said:

Yu-Gi-Oh got too advanced way too quick. I'll stick to my wizard poker. 

Too advanced? Yeah, I suppose. I always thought it was pretty newbie-unfirendly from the very start. The way the cards were written could be pretty daunting, and the rulings of effects and exact phases of your turn were quite particular (chains alone might be enough to throw many people off). It's definitely compounded with every new generation, though.

I think the sheer madness of Special Summoning - the SPEED of the game - is at an unrecoverable point now unless some sort of new rule is added to the game that limits Special Summons somehow. There's no way that I can see otherwise to make Special Summoning feel - well, special - once again. Nowadays, 5 monster slots doesn't feel like enough.

I dunno, I think the speed of the game is what sets it apart from other TCGs personally. I dislike all the omni-negation stuff running around competitively but if you play casually the game is really fun and not nearly as slow as other games I've played. I think card text and wording is definitely the most confusing thing to new players, but it's gotten a bit easier to understand in recent years with the introduction of Problem-Solving Card Text.

I think the entry level can be a bit high but giving it a bit more of a chance with an open mind goes a long way. Being in the Duel Links closed beta has really made me appreciate how much faster the modern game is - vanilla beatdown is just so boring and slow with nowhere near the amount of strategy as now.

52 minutes ago, Grimlock VIII said:

Ooh. I wonder what kind of archetypes we'll see in Fusion Enforcers.

Fluffals are already confirmed to be one of the archetypes. So probably another Arc-V Fusion archetype like Predator Plants and then a game original Fusion archetype.

52 minutes ago, Grimlock VIII said:

At least you can take solace in the fact that Blue Eyes is now considered meta.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I was always more of a Dark Magician person though. <3 My favorite card I have is the Kazuki Takahashi-signed Dark Magician. Not the rarest card ever, but I love the monster. My three favorite types in the game are Spellcaster, Fiend, and Plant. I always liked seeing more Magician-themed cards release, such as Dark Magician of Chaos, and I especially liked the ones that assisted Dark Magician to make him more viable. I'm assuming his relevance has not continued so much as BEWD's has, though.

13 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

I'm assuming his relevance has not continued so much as BEWD's has, though.

Unfortunately yes. While Blue-Eyes is meta and will continue to be meta for a while longer, Dark Magician is nowhere near meta. While DM has received support that helps the deck out greatly (Such as Dark Magical Circle and Eternal Soul), it simply can't keep with with the speed of the current meta decks (Blue-Eyes and soon-to-be released for us ABCs for example). Dark Magician is a fun deck however, with cards like Dark Magician of Chaos and Chocolate Magician Girl providing fun and potentially powerful interactions.

Edited by Isotope