Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG/OCG - YGOPro Percy now has Links!

Fire

So, I got most of the cards I needed out of the new pack... except for Topological Bomber Dragon and Firewall Dragon.

I bought a box of them (maybe it's karma, and I have a good job), so maybe if there's a chance of someone ever in the mood of trading them, which of these have a better chance of getting them? 

I have no interest in the below (I have more of some of them down below, but don't need all of them, if you think I'm crazy):

Treasure Panda x 4 

Lyla, Twilightsworn Enchantress x 1

Jain, Twilightsworn General x 5

Ryko, Twilightsworn Fighter x 1

F.A. Downforce x 4

Abyss Actor- Trendy Understudy x 5

March of the Dark Brigade x 1

Trickstar Lillybell x 1 

Trickstar Candina x 1

Trickstar Lycoris x 2

Twilight Cloth x 4

Samurai Skull x 4

Infernity Patriarch x 3

Supreme Rage x 2

Heavy Storm Duster x 1

Vendread Revenants x 5 

Dark World Brainwashing x 3

Wicked Acolyte Chilam Sabak x 4

Vendread Houndhorde x 1  

Revendread Origin x 4

Vendread Reorigin x 1

Galaxy Worm x 2

Gouki Twistcobra x 2

Gouki Riscorpio x 1

Gouki Suprex x 1

Blind Obliteration x 1

Speedroid Passinglider x 3

Twilight Twin Dragons x 5

Predaplant Banksiogre x 3

Emerging Emergency Rescute Rescue x 4 

D/D Vice Typhon x 5

D/D/D Wave High King Caesar x 2

D/D/D Gust High King Alexander x 1

Traptrix Mantis x 1

The Ascendant of Thunder x 2

F.A. Circuit Grand Prix x 3 

F.A. Sonic Meister x 3

F.A. Hang on Mech x 3

Gouki The Great Ogre x 2

Gogogo Aristera & Dexia x 3

Supreme King Dragon Dark Rebellion x 3 

Supreme King Dragon Starving Venom x 2

Gravity Lash x 2

Orbital Hydralander x 2

Boogie Trap x 1

Air Cracking Storm x 2

Hack Worm x 2

Destiny HERO- Dangerous x 2

Smile Universe x 2

Zombina x 2

Three Strikes Barrier x 2   

Junk Breaker x 1

Launcher Commander x 3

Jack Wyvern x 2

Pulse Mines x 1

Ancient Gear Golem- Ultimate Pound x 3 

RE: EX x 1

Performapal Trumpanda x 1

Supreme King Dragon Odd Eyes x 1

Here are some of the new cards I got which might be useful in a Cyberse Deck or whatever, but don't mind trading to get Firewall and/or Topological Bomber Dragon:

Imduk The World Chalice Dragon x 1

World Legacy's Heart x 1

Crowned by the World Chalice x 3

Chosen by... x 5

World Chalice Guardragon x 1

World Legacy' "World Chalice" x 2 

World Legacy's Heart x 5

Motivating Captain x 1

World Legacy Landmark x 2

Beckoned By The World Chalice x 3

World Legacy Discovery x 1 

Ib The World Chalice Priestess x 1 

Aurum The World Chalice Blademaster x 1

Ninguru The World Chalice Warrior x 1 

• 1 month later...

The OCG F/L list came out yesterday:

Newly Forbidden:
Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King
Dragonic Diagram

Newly Limited:
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Aleister the Invoker
Dinomight Knight, the True Dracofighter
Souleating Oviraptor
Babycerasaurus
ABC-Dragon Buster
Denglong, First of the Yang Zing
Terraforming
Spellbook of Secrets
True Draco Heritage
True King’s Return
Trickstar Reincarnation

Newly Semi-Limited:
Summoner Monk
Windwitch – Ice Bell
Maxx “C”
Pot of Avarice
Future Fusion
Fossil Dig

Newly Unlimited:
Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer
Witch of the Black Forest
Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
Rescue Cat
Burial from a Different Dimension
Fire Formation – Tenki
Preparation of Rites
Saqlifice
Domain of the True Monarchs
Wavering Eyes
Dragon Ravine

I hope you're as excited as I am now that the OCG is entering the SPYRAL meta.

So, I guess I'm waiting for the TCG one, as I play Northern American cards.  

I thought I was going to play a true Sanwitch fusion for once. *sigh* And can't wait for Avarice too. It'd all heck if anything happened to Desires.  

But, no Link Monsters hit? I guess we'll have to wait for the next ban list then. Or it's just too early. 

Edited by XLW

No Link-focused deck has been meta yet since the inception of Link monsters because True Dracos and Dinosaurs were just that good. Not surprising that they haven't gotten hit yet.

However, with SPYRALs gaining traction, I could see SPYRAL Double Helix getting a hit if they stay on top of the new meta that's going to form after this banlist. That card is way too good for SPYRALs. Also Firewall Dragon is probably getting hit in some form at some point because that card is way too busted.

This banlist outright murdered True Dracos and I'm really glad about that. Dinosaurs also took a lot of hits so I doubt they'll stay competitive either. Invoked and Windwitches taking some hits is fine by me too. ABC Dragon Buster should have been hit a long time ago instead of Union Hangar. I'm a bit sad that Trickstar Reincarnation got limited since I think Trickstars'  recent success is more because of being able to counter Dinosaurs and True Dracos extremely well, but I can understand the hit because of their burn strategy.

When SPYRALs do get hit, don't be surprised to see Quik-Fix get Semid or Limited. Any card that doesn't have a "Once Per Turn" clause will always cause some trouble in some form. Quik-Fix is that on steroids; this card alone can generate so much card advantage on its own, and that's before you eventually get out Double Helix, which will probably be hit too in the future.  I feel like Konami would be a fool to hit the card that enables Quik-Fix's advantage, which is Machine Duplication, but hey, they've done stranger things.

Qlis pretty much being at full power doesn't do much for them at the moment because Master Rule 4 really did hinder them. Their Link Monster will be interesting to see how it helps the deck out. Same with Burning Abyss; Scarm now at 3 helps the deck a lot more now, and their Link Monster they're getting will only help them further. Even with just one Dante, it'll be interesting to see what the future BA decks do. 

On in the TCG side, we SHOULD be getting a list soon, but this is KoA, so who the hell knows when we'll actually get it. Zoo will (hopefully) be slaughtered, and expect something like what the OCG got when they went into Link Format. Can't wait to see how SPYRALs will dominate two formats. :^)

Edited by Isotope

I think it it only works when it has the word "monster" after the card name, or can work with any card under the specific archetype. Hence why most Gaia cards would work with Sky Galloping Gaia The Dragon Champion. 

Besides, it's obvious Gatling Dragon came out before Toon Barrel Dragon was a thing. 

Edited by XLW
2 hours ago, XLW said:

I think it it only works when it has the word "monster" after the card name, or can work with any card under the specific archetype. Hence why most Gaia cards would work with Sky Galloping Gaia The Dragon Champion. 

Besides, it's obvious Gatling Dragon came out before Toon Barrel Dragon was a thing. 

I know, but I was wondering since a lot of Lightsworn support works with the new Twilightsworn monsters because they still have the full "lightsworn" in their names. I thought the same would apply with Toon Barrel Dragon because, despite having the word "Toon" in its name, it still has "Barrel Dragon" in that exact same order with nothing in between or at the end to mess it up. 

3 hours ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Yo guys is it possible to use Toon Barrel Dragon as a Fusion Material for Gatling Dragon given how it has Barrel Dragon in its name? 

No. Gatling Dragon specifically states "Barrel Dragon" as a specific Fusion Material, which means the card name has to match exactly. Just because a card contains the name does not mean it can be used as specific Fusion Material. As said before, this would be a different story if it was listed as a "Barrel Dragon" monster instead of just "Barrel Dragon."

This is different from archetype considerations, where a card is considered in an archetype even if the name does not match exactly (i.e., Lightsworn being included within Twilightsworn, Ritual Beast being included in Spiritual Beast, etc.). Those just have to have a subset of their name that matches the entire archetype name to be considered part of that archetype.

1 hour ago, Fire said:

No. Gatling Dragon specifically states "Barrel Dragon" as a specific Fusion Material, which means the card name has to match exactly. Just because a card contains the name does not mean it can be used as specific Fusion Material. As said before, this would be a different story if it was listed as a "Barrel Dragon" monster instead of just "Barrel Dragon."

This is different from archetype considerations, where a card is considered in an archetype even if the name does not match exactly (i.e., Lightsworn being included within Twilightsworn, Ritual Beast being included in Spiritual Beast, etc.). Those just have to have a subset of their name that matches the entire archetype name to be considered part of that archetype.

Aye, I gotcha.

NEWLY FORBIDDEN
Dinomight Knight, the True Dracofighter
Grandsoil the Elemental Lord
True King Lithosagym, the Disaster
Denglong, First of the Yang Zing
Daigusto Emeral
Zoodiac Broadbull
Zoodiac Drident

NEWLY LIMITED
Ignis Heat, the True Dracowarrior
Miscellaneousaurus
Zoodiac Ratpier
Dark Hole
Gateway of the Six
Interrupted Kaiju Slumber
True King’s Return

NEWLY SEMI-LIMITED
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer
Mathematician
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Brain Control
Burial From a Different Dimension
El Shaddoll Fusion
Preparation of Rites

NEWLY UNLIMITED
Debris Dragon
Honest
Rescue Cat
Rescue Rabbit
Summoner Monk
Witch of the Black Forest
Charge of the Light Brigade
Dragon Ravine
Wavering Eyes

Some thoughts below:

- Zoo is officially dead. When originally banned in the OCG, Zoodiac still managed to top because of Broadbull, which resulted in pluses, even when Drident and Barrage were banned. The TCG banning Drident is expected, as is the limit to Ratpier, but outright banning Broadbull as well is good insight. Zoo cannot compete in today's format, even with triple Barage still a thing. The Emeral ban definitely hurts Zoodiac too, as that was one of their combo pieces; shame it's banned though, as Emeral is a generically good card.

- Dinosaurs, while not exactly dead, definitely are much worse better off now with the banning of Denglong and Lithosagym for those spicy True Draco Dinosaur decks. Interesting that the TCG decided to limit Miscellaneousaurus over Oviraptor. Denglong is a way too powerful generic Synchro for what it does; had Knoami made it work only for Yang Zing, it would have been fine.

- There are some interesting omissions on this list, namely Dragonic Diagram, Master Peace, Gofu and Level Eater. I can sort of understand why Dragonic wasn't hit, since the cards it searches (namely Lithosagym and Dinomight Knight) generated too much value. Master Peace not being hit is odd; once it's on the field, it's a very oppressive card that's hard to out. While the True Draco deck itself is severely hurt, having access to three Dragonic Diagram and Master Peace is by no means something to scoff at. Gofu and Level Eater both at three is dangerous, especially Level Eater. Gofu is a one card Link 3 unless I'm mistaken, and having three at your disposal can be dangerous. Level Eater should not be a card even at 1; it needs to be banned. It's effect isn't Once per Turn, its allows for super degenerate Link spamming, and is just an unhealthy card. The sooner the TCG bans it the better. Another interesting omission is PSY-Framelord Omega is still at 3. It's a powerful card in its own right, and with us being in Link Format (And with the addition of Master Rule 4), Omega becomes a bit stronger since it doesn't return to the Extra Monster Zone when Special Summoned back due to its effect. It should probably be at 1, but I digress.

- I like some of the cards off the list/moved to more than one copy (Hello double BLS). Rescue Rabbit being at three now is fine since Dino Rabbit won't be prevalent in this meta. While they lost Emeral, World Chalie gaining three Rescue Rabbits helps them out (as well as other decks). Dragon Ravine should have gone to three a while ago, as well as Debris Dragon. Rescue Cat getting errated makes it perfectly fine at 3. Charge of the Light Brigade makes Lightsworns better (Lightsworn Zomies get a boost), and while Wavering Eyes WAS a degenerate card (and still is), Master Rule 4 being a thing makes Wavering Eyes not as overpowered as it was. Ironically, the one Pendulum deck that actually is meta right (Pendulum magicians) doesn't even need to use Wavering Eyes to get their deck rolling; still a nice Side Deck card. Something that's weird though is that Exciton Knight is still Forbidden, yet it just got reprinted. Why would they trick us like that. :^(

It'll be interesting to see where our meta diverges from the OCG meta. While I have no doubt SPYRALs will be meta once Double Helix drops in October, it'll be interesting to see what else becomes meta. Perhaps Invoked will make a bigger splash since we still have three Aleisters. Pendulum Magicians will still probably be a Tier 2ish deck. Maybe Trickstars will make a bigger impact too. Fun times ahead!

Edited by Isotope
  • 3 weeks later...

I've pretty much lost hope in Links for YGOPro for the rest of the year considering they haven't even been able to give a proper ETA. It's slowly grinding away my will to play since the other alternatives are not that good, despite my continued interest in the game itself... I really dislike playing in what amounts to an imaginary format.

10 minutes ago, Fire said:

I've pretty much lost hope in Links for YGOPro for the rest of the year considering they haven't even been able to give a proper ETA. It's slowly grinding away my will to play since the other alternatives are not that good, despite my continued interest in the game itself... I really dislike playing in what amounts to an imaginary format.

Yeah I know how you feel. I mean, fuck, YGOPro's format is essentially Pendulums at full power with Wavering Eyes running around and shiet

LINKS NEVER EVER 😭😭😭

2 hours ago, Sir Grim Locksmith VIII said:

Yeah I know how you feel. I mean, fuck, YGOPro's format is essentially Pendulums at full power with Wavering Eyes running around and shiet

Funnily enough, the only current meta Pendulum deck doesn’t even use Wavering Eyes (Pendulum/Zarc Magicians) in its main deck; it’s usually a side deck card only for the mirror matches. With Performage and Pals no longer a deck, Wavering Eyes isn’t as potent anymore. It’s still good mind you, but not as degenerate as it once was.  

Everyone is going to hate me for playing SPYRAL even though I was playing them since before they were the most dominant deck in the game's history since Tele-DAD.

The general shittiness of Yugioh's card design will never not astound me. I'm really praying that an emergency list puts Double Helix at 1 on day 1, along with Firewall Dragon. I mean, for fuck's sake, they emergency limited Neo-Spacian Grand Mole over a decade ago and it still hasn't budged.

• 4 weeks later...