Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Not to mention that a lot of classic characters associated with the Playstation brand (i.e. Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, etc.) aren't actually owned by Sony.

Sony doesn't actually develop their own games in-house; they just own the 2nd-party studios that do.

19 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Because it COULD happen again. We all get hyped for another Smash "clone", when we are sorely disappointed because our expectations are too great. 

Yeah, easier said then done when it comes to comparisons to Smash that's for sure.

We mustn't forget we have Sakurai and tho he may not always be there Smash, he's what made the legacy as strong as it is and I hope without him.

Going about expectations, like Nintendo direct, rumors and speculations on pro systems, I've learned to temper expectations. I can dream like the best of them but I don't make that bog from the reality could be much worse then we can imagine, thus disappointment immediately or in time. As I said not a easier said then done task but is possible to manage them with practice and time.

It's healthy to be disappointed about anything for sure but to throw a actually fit when something seem so possible and doesn't happen and you lash to anyone who says otherwise is not good for you or anyone. That's the distinction I want to draw for dismay and utter nonsense for no ones sake.

Not like we have control over anything other than how we react, just as how it's always been. When in doubt I just expect the worst of something rather than join in on the hype culture which has softened the blow on a number of disappointments for me. Still, if there's enough things about a game or something I don't like, am not afraid to say them and why I may not support or buy it, but if others still like said product, good for them. I won't take away from that. Just don't belittle others' disappointment like what's often seen in the Smash speculation scene and stuff, and we're good, honestly.

Just remember people value different things, and if like a game doesn't have what someone was hoping or looking for, they're not obligated to support it. That's all there is to it, without needing to make a big case about it. The sales will speak themselves at the end of the day, like a number of games covered on the What Happened show such as the one here that was posted.

Edited by Ridley Prime

The more I look at this game, it's looking like a Brawlhalla, that TMNT Smash game on Wii (which was made by some of the folks that helped make Brawl) and a little PS All-Stars BR in feel.

I just really hope they don't do the whole super gather to knock someone out of the arena like they did in PS All-Stars. It was stupid then, it is still now. Tho after playing that game for awhile, I won't lie I got used to the mechanic but still a no on a return of that.

Leaked boxart from the Target website before they replaced it with just the logo:

14_nick-box-art01.jpg

Of the characters not revealed in the trailer, I can vaguely make out Ren (beneath the "AWL"), Stimpy (partially obscured by Reptar's tail; more clearly visible on the PS5 version), and CatDog (stretched out along the bottom behind Spongebob).

Oh yeah, that's definitely Ren and I'm sure to the left of him is Stimpy, the shape (with ear) looks too close not to be.  The hand on the left being Aang though... I'm not seeing it.  Is there something I'm missing?  Looks like it could be any hand and the little wing shape under it doesn't look familiar to him either.

3 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Oh yeah, that's definitely Ren and I'm sure to the left of him is Stimpy, the shape (with ear) looks too close not to be.  The hand on the left being Aang though... I'm not seeing it.  Is there something I'm missing?  Looks like it could be any hand and the little wing shape under it doesn't look familiar to him either.

This is the closest I can find on short notice:

Winter Solstice Avatar Roku png images | PNGWing

If its Nickelodeon, where is the love for You Can't Do That on Television?  A getting slimed stage would be EPIC.  LULZ.

I like having the Turtles but I'd rather have them in their own game.

I must say, this really does look like a Smash Bros clone with Nickelodeon characters.... not that that is a bad things but the stages and some of the platform layouts and designs look very similar and at worst inspired by Smash.

On 7/15/2021 at 4:04 PM, Chrom said:

Even without the silhouettes it's already safe to say there'll be Avatar content because you can spot a stage themed after an air temple in the trailer.

The one with the green roofs?  Had to check out some pics of the show to be sure but now that you mention it the stage does look to be based on the Eastern Air Temple.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:21 PM, Tyranogre said:

I don't really see Krumm; I think that's more likely to be Nigel's leg. The trailer showed him doing a weird body-slam move where he sticks his legs in the air.

Who the heck is Jojo? Definitely not Dora; the "hair" isn't the right shape. Maybe Reggie Rocket?

The more I see suggestions that remind me of Nick's older stable that I've since forgotten about the more I'm wanting to see who else they have planned.  I didn't even think of Rocket Power!  Reggie Rocket would be great, I think I'd like see Twister too although I'm sure Otto would be the more obvious follow up choice.  Maybe even bring in Sam as a completely different character type.

6 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

If its Nickelodeon, where is the love for You Can't Do That on Television?  A getting slimed stage would be EPIC.  LULZ.

I like having the Turtles but I'd rather have them in their own game.

I must say, this really does look like a Smash Bros clone with Nickelodeon characters.... not that that is a bad things but the stages and some of the platform layouts and designs look very similar and at worst inspired by Smash.

That might actually work in their favor leaning hard into looking like Smash but with Nick characters.  Would be great if they did their own thing but I still remember after PS All Stars came and went a lot of sentiment went suggesting Sony should have just gone all in and copied it wholesale.

More info.

It's not mentioned in that article, but the devs have stated that they wanted to include Alex Mack, but Nickelodeon said no. This doesn't rule out live-action characters altogether, however. They've also said that Fanboy and Chum-Chum are out.

2 hours ago, Kezay said:

The one with the green roofs?  Had to check out some pics of the show to be sure but now that you mention it the stage does look to be based on the Eastern Air Temple.

The more I see suggestions that remind me of Nick's older stable that I've since forgotten about the more I'm wanting to see who else they have planned.  I didn't even think of Rocket Power!  Reggie Rocket would be great, I think I'd like see Twister too although I'm sure Otto would be the more obvious follow up choice.  Maybe even bring in Sam as a completely different character type.

That might actually work in their favor leaning hard into looking like Smash but with Nick characters.  Would be great if they did their own thing but I still remember after PS All Stars came and went a lot of sentiment went suggesting Sony should have just gone all in and copied it wholesale.

The selection and reveal order so far has been pretty strange. Multiple Spongebob reps is a given. Nigel and Reptar are more memeable than their respective protagonists. But revealing Powdered Toast Man before Ren and Stimpy themselves? Helga before Arnold? Oblina before Ickis?

Alex Mack would be cool but what are her powers again?

Invisibility, turn into a metal pool, telekinesis, and shoots lightning from her hands?

I guess you can turn anyone into a fighter but I just can't see it for Alex Mack cool as she is.

In some cases, not that it would it would be hard to make a fighter but don't force it.

Had seen others bring up that possibility, but don’t care too much either way at this point. Plus there’s so many versions of Goku, not one incarnation would satisfy everyone.

You know what else aired on Nick but isn’t a Nick property? Power Rangers, but people don’t think of things like that, just the big things like Dragon Ball.