Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Oof... There's wavedashing too apparently.

I like Nickelodeon, but outside of a few or couple IP's, I'm not that deep with it or anything. Seeing more from Avatar or something would be nice though. Curious as to how much staying power the game will have regardless of the online.

28 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I vaguely remember that Nickelodeon mock of character modelled after Ultimate.

As for who I will be maining: Oblina, Helga, Reptar and Danny Phantom. I have to see how Zim plays, to me he was love to hate how annoying he was.

From what was shown in the trailer, it seems that Zim plays like Rosalina with GIR as his Luma.

On a side note, it's weird how some are acting like this game will kill Smash. It'll put a dent in it at best. They'll both just exist, people will still play Smash, especially with whoever the last character is. If anything the meme comparison just says that rollback isn’t immediately synonymous with being quality; you don't have to always shit on one thing to hype up another. If I was to say one thing about this game I'm not really digging though, it's the art style of the models.

Saying this will be competition for Smash is like saying Yokai Watch or Temtem were competition for Pokemon. Sure some might do some things better (having rollback and wavedashing for everyone in the Nickelodeon game's case as well as being multi platform), but one will always be more successful than the other just off being a bigger brand. Goes without saying too, but it’s only really gonna be popular in the US. Maybe some other countries but not really Japan. Even then, there's a lot of people way younger than us who don't give two shits about Nick. This will be a temporarily popular good game at best and a not popular good game at worst.

Back on characters though, yeah. Garfield would be good. Not sure if he'll have another cartoon under Nick, but will always cherish Garfield and Friends. Bonus points if a new cartoon ever brings back Orson's farm.

I'm alright with the artstyle. I don't think they could of done anything else to make it look better or worse, this is the perfect middle.

If there was gonna be a game like this, this the artstyle I expected.  Also, like Smash it is not easy to mash a bunch of IP's with different artstyles into one look. I don't know many trials and errors it took to get to this look and feel but Game Mill did a great job here.

To me, this is looking more like a Shrek Super Slam situation:

The game itself came and went, but after Shrek became a meme in the 2010s, people looked back on it and discovered that in addition to being a solid game in its own right, its rushed development resulted in unintended glitches that were similar to Melee's "advanced techniques", causing it to gain a following among the competitive community.

The reception to this game has been entertaining and I hope it translates to the game itself actually being decent. It'd be a shame if it turned out to be mediocre and wastes the potential this has.

Whether or not it'll be better than Smash, I think as long as it's a Nick version that doesn't suck it'll be enough to satisfy everyone.

I personally don't recognize any of these company names and find it curious this needed to be exclusively announced by IGN... To me that might suggest the names involved aren't particularly notable enough to be made as a selling point, so that's something I'm a little wary about.

Fall 2021 is only a few months from now so it'd be nice if the pre-release period could have its own hype cycle too, with character reveals and such.

3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

To me, this is looking more like a Shrek Super Slam situation:

The game itself came and went, but after Shrek became a meme in the 2010s, people looked back on it and discovered that in addition to being a solid game in its own right, its rushed development resulted in unintended glitches that were similar to Melee's "advanced techniques", causing it to gain a following among the competitive community.

Ah, I do remember that. For this game sake and not like the below quote, I hope it doesn't take that long.

For now let us believe the this game can be the best it can be before launch and beyond for a little while.

2 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Hey guys, remember Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal?!

Hey guys, remember Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal?  

HEY GUYS, REMEMBER, PLAYSTATION- 

*blows up*

What are you insinuating?

Are you saying PS All-Star BR wasn't great?

A lot of factors were in play that just didn't have the right timing with IP character reboots, IP character disputes and the studio behind the game close down not because of how bad it did but was already in dire straights. Also, add the fact that the idea of this game not only went thru fetching developer changes, a lot up till the final product was not its original vision. Not sure if leaks helped make matter worse but I guess in this case bad publicity didn't work in its favor.

It's all covered in the vid below.