Skyloft - N4A Chat Thread - July 2021

Spring

11 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Bowser's Fury is a very charming game, but it needs map pins like in Breath of the Wild.

Every time Bowser wakes up, I keep forgetting where those grey blocks with his face on them are.

I just kept an eye on him, and when he was more than half emerged, I'd go looking for the blocks.

2 hours ago, Spring said:

I beat Skyward Sword!! that was incredible, 9/10 game wowzers

i think my favorite section of all was getting all the pieces to the Song of the Hero flower; 

Whenever I played those missions in Hyrule Warriors where you fight multiple human-sized clones of The Imprisoned, I liked to imagine Link getting swarmed by dozens of tiny Demises.

Uhhh...WHAT?!!! Now they're marketing nutritional supplements towards gamers. *see spoiler*

tenor.gif?itemid=14656227

Spoiler

*I recently got this ad on Twitter*

BTW, I hate how this has become the stereotypical image of a gamer. >_<

So, who's getting dem gamer jelly beans? y;

Edited by alienboyva

I feel so out of touch with modern gaming. I'm just someone who wants to play Nintendo games and JRPGs, and trying to find time to finish my 3DS backlog. y;

I bought the Pixel Remasters of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 this morning. Good stuff so far, despite my initial impressions being underwhelming. There are some games I need to have for my device to feel complete. If the first two FF and DQ are ever available for any system, I absolutely need them. I figure this is the result of my nostalgia for obsessively playing FF: Dawn of Souls on the GBA 16 years ago.

5 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

At least the FF3 remaster is the first time the original version of the game is playable in English, since the DS remake was so drastically different.

All the other remasters have less content than their respective GBA and PSP ports.

I tend to ignore the additional content in the PSP/GBA ports.

1 has some additional boss fights and dungeon that's brief.

2 has a more lengthy campaign of exploring literal Hell with your fallen comrades. It drops you in end-game dungeons with undeveloped characters, so most of it's grinding.

Everything else afterwards seemed like tedious dungeons with bosses that were extremely difficult unless you know their gimmick.

speaking of bonus content, i'm finally getting around to playing through DQ4 via the PS1 version. it's something i've been putting off for a long time because the only way to get the party dialogue, which compromises almost half the script of the versions, is to either play in japanese or play the damn mobile version. they just completely deleted that part of the script from the DS version for the overseas release.

1 hour ago, Youngster Joey said:

I tend to ignore the additional content in the PSP/GBA ports.

1 has some additional boss fights and dungeon that's brief.

2 has a more lengthy campaign of exploring literal Hell with your fallen comrades. It drops you in end-game dungeons with undeveloped characters, so most of it's grinding.

Everything else afterwards seemed like tedious dungeons with bosses that were extremely difficult unless you know their gimmick.

4 lets you freely change party members before the final dungeon, and adds a post-game dungeon with unique quests for every party member, one of which ended up foreshadowing a major plot point in The After Years. None of this was in the DS remake, btw.

5 has four extra Jobs and a bonus dungeon.

6 has a few extra Espers, a bonus dungeon full of superbosses, and a survival gauntlet.