Skyloft - N4A Chat Thread - July 2021

Spring

I'm almost done with Nier Replicant. Just need to Ending E, and I'm almost at the divergent point. Very interesting game, but also very flawed.

anyway, now need to decide what to do until Great Ace Attorney comes out. Probably Tales of Vesperia, since i got the DE a long time ago but haven't gone through it yet.

3 hours ago, Stephen 776 said:

I'm almost done with Nier Replicant. Just need to Ending E, and I'm almost at the divergent point. Very interesting game, but also very flawed.

anyway, now need to decide what to do until Great Ace Attorney comes out. Probably Tales of Vesperia, since i got the DE a long time ago but haven't gone through it yet.

Kinda sums up Yoko Taro's games in general.  Often very fascinating with really good stories, but are on the foundations of some questionable or dated game design principles. y;

I'm probably one of the only weirdos alive who sort of liked the original Nier more than Automata, but that probably wasn't helped by a really poor PC port of Automata I gave up on lol.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, Edie Napier said:

Kinda sums up Yoko Taro's games in general.  Often very fascinating with really good stories, but are on the foundations of some questionable or dated game design principles. y;

I'm probably one of the only weirdos alive who sort of liked the original Nier more than Automata, but that probably wasn't helped by a really poor PC port of Automata I gave up on lol.

I'm still baffled squeenix literally did not patch Automata until literally last week y;

26 minutes ago, Spring said:

skyward sword is so much fun, i dont even wanna play anything else lately flower; very grateful i did not play this game when it came out, i think i mighta hated it if i had to play w motion controls lol

SS is still one of my favorite Zelda experiences. Not sure if it's something I'd swipe to revisit mind, but the highs are just so high that I'm really glad I went through it years ago.

Edited by Stephen 776
21 minutes ago, April said:

i wouldn't wish the hell that is PC ports of japanese games on anybody

I'd love to be able to play Kyonyuu Fantasy or Maiden Rape Assault: Violent Semen Inferno on a console, but there's no such option.

And even if there were, Sony would probably force them to censor it by coloring the breast milk blue. theydonothing;

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

n4a AITA for giving a heartfelt love letter to a spirit haunting my dorm's toilet?

tbf the letter is from one of my bullies but he is cursed for life now to be haunted by said spirit

hi sarah. i have several questions

Edited by April

I'm looking forward to playing Skyward Sword soon. I never played the original for a length of time because when it released, I had a CRT TV when SS on the Wii forces 16:9 (meaning the display image was tiny on my 4:3 CRT), and I didn't like the motion controls. I'm thinking it'll be nice to play on the Switch Lite. It's been a long time since I played a 3D Zelda with traditional dungeons that isn't my annual Ocarina of Time playthrough. Also Groose.

One of my favorite threads from the old country was about the fact Skyward Sword having a restroom ruined the whole game for them, because it meant Link spends his whole adventure not using that toilet and probably smelled awful. theydonothing;

literally NO one uses those bathrooms, if anything id assume that when the goddess sent them all up into the fuckin sky she removed part of their humanity and now they're just living as fake humans with all the trappings for tradition's sake 

the bathrooms are a shrine to their lost humanity and no one on skyloft could use them even if they remembered how

link sits on that thing without even attempting to pull down his pants anyway, dude clearly has no idea how it works other than as a chair 

20 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

How can they have toilets when they live on islands floating in the sky? Where does the sewage go?

Do the Kikwi have to live in constant fear of the fabled “Brown Rain”?

Yes.