Skyloft - N4A Chat Thread - July 2021

Spring

On 7/13/2021 at 2:32 PM, Stephen 776 said:

anyway, decided to start Link's Awakening because i forgot i even bought that for Christmas money (I think I was going to start it on a plane ride back to Texas, but turbulence was like 'lol nope?'). Davy will be done with the Yakuzabox aka PS4 soon, so I'll be able to get around to Nier Replicant after uhh, three months?

12 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Link's Awakening is a fantastic game. And the Switch version injects it with 100% pure, uncut, charm.

This reminds me i need to get back to that game at some point - been awhile since I’ve been mildly stumped in proceeding 

Need to do some research and figure out how I’m supposed to get over to the Desert area…

I guess YouTube is good as any place to find that out, anyway…

Looks like Steam is coming out with its own Handheld PC in the coming months

Considering I don’t have room for a PC setup (or might not have enough for a high end rig right now - especially since i have no idea whether it would be better to buy one or build one from scratch…. Even then i would have no idea what parts would be best to buy since new parts come out every so often)

And considering i only have so much space to download games on my current laptop, this is extremely tempting - would be able to free up some space on my laptop too…

And playing my Steam games on the go is pretty appealing

Hm…. I’ll have to consider this

I may have discovered a practical use for cosmetic DLC:

In Gal*Gun: Double Peace, getting an S-rank requires maxing out your score by chaining together Ecstasy Shots for as many girls as possible, which normally requires you to memorize which girls appear in each level and what their erogenous zones are so you can shoot them as quickly as possible to boost your Speed and Accuracy ratings.

However, the Dressing Room allows you to customize the outfits of every single girl in the game. Therefore, you can simply look up each girl's erogenous zone either online or with the in-game Student Roster, and dress them in a DLC outfit that leaves their weakness exposed. For example, for each girl who likes getting shot in the face, dress them in the Bear Kigurumi costume that covers everything else.

That way, when they show up during the game, it'll be easier to remember where to shoot them.

4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I may have discovered a practical use for cosmetic DLC:

In Gal*Gun: Double Peace, getting an S-rank requires maxing out your score by chaining together Ecstasy Shots for as many girls as possible, which normally requires you to memorize which girls appear in each level and what their erogenous zones are so you can shoot them as quickly as possible to boost your Speed and Accuracy ratings.

However, the Dressing Room allows you to customize the outfits of every single girl in the game. Therefore, you can simply look up each girl's erogenous zone either online or with the in-game Student Roster, and dress them in a DLC outfit that leaves their weakness exposed. For example, for each girl who likes getting shot in the face, dress them in the Bear Kigurumi costume that covers everything else.

That way, when they show up during the game, it'll be easier to remember where to shoot them.

aoue.png.136d7488d85df80fa7569d03c4a8c430.png

Edited by April
17 hours ago, April said:

aoue.png.136d7488d85df80fa7569d03c4a8c430.png

Alas, my brilliant plan didn't work.

All of the NPC girls that show up as random mooks are considered the same entity in the Dressing Room. Thus, dressing one of them up in a certain outfit will instead dress all of them in that same outfit.

However, it's possible that this is merely a hardware limitation in the Vita version. It might still work in the PS4 or Steam versions.

The more i look into the Steam Deck, the more Im interested in it

Considering it’s a PC in handheld form, sounds and looks like you’ll be able to install other things like Windows and other apps and games and have access to Mods… which means i could do heavier modding for things like Fallout or Skyrim than I’d be able to do on my Laptop considering i can only install so much

Or in another theory, i should be able to download Minecraft Java and be able to download and download way more mods than I currently have

And having my Steam library on the Go sounds appealing- especially if I’m able to Install and Download more on it than on my laptop… there’s a lot I can’t download since my laptop only has so much storage available on it

Plus I don’t exactly have room here for a PC Desk setup or may not have enough to spare atm for a PC in general… depending if i buy one or build it from scratch

Though I don’t think the 64 GB will cut it or be enough - probably either the 256 GB or 512 GB would probably be a better option considering storage

Both of those at $529 and $649 are a bit pricey… may hold off on buying one right now

Part of me is leaning towards the $649 considering the bonuses and the Glass used on it - the storage amount could be quite nice too

Edited by Shadow118