Skyloft - N4A Chat Thread - July 2021

Spring

13 hours ago, Kodiack said:

My partner and I watched this recently. It was filmed locally, so we could identify a lot of the real-world places in the season, heh. A few scenes were shot right in our own neighbourhood, and some other scenes were filmed right at my partner's workplace (which was great for them, since they're a small operation with only a few people). I had a couple mates that helped with some of the various production stuff too.

Definitely looking forward to the second season! It's a show with a lot of charm.

That's awesome! "The Mist" (Netflix series) was filmed down the street, and it was really fun being able to see familiar places when watching it.

Need moral advice.

Spoiler

Backstory: I live in my own condominium behind a gate that my dad (an attorney) bought from one of his former clients. Even though I pay for all of my own bills, utilities, internet, etc, the condo is still technically listed under my dad's name. Anyway, my condo came with it's own parking space that I don't really need, because I don't have a driver's license. However, sometimes my dad comes by to visit me and usually parks in my space. Occasionally, one of my neighbors will have guests over, and their guests will park in my space, which I'm perfectly okay with, as like I said, I don't have a car.

So anyway, over this past weekend, my dad came over to visit, but there was already somebody parked in my space. So my dad instead parked somewhere else, came up to my condo, took out a pen and paper, wrote the following:

"This parking space is owned by the person living in **my unit number**. The fee for using this space is $10 per day, deliverable to the current occupant of **my unit number**. This is a much cheaper alternative to having your vehicle towed. We look forward to your anticipated cooperation. If you have any questions, please contact **my dad's phone number**."

...and put the note on the car that was parked in my space.

A few hours later after my dad left, I heard a knock on my door, and answered to find a lady offering me $40. She said that she lived a unit close to mine, but that her car had broken down, so she had to use my parking space for her rental car until she could get her car fixed. I explained that it was my dad who had put the note on her car, and that I don't really care who uses the parking space, but she still insisted on paying me the $40.

I spoke to my dad the next day, and explained what had happened, and how uncomfortable I was with taking money from the lady, and he replied that he was just trying to make sure that the neighbors understood my rights as the property owner, and that it was up to me if I wanted to give the money back.

TL;DR: My dad tried to charge money from someone who used my parking spot, and I don't know whether or not it would be the right thing to try giving the money back.

Super important:

1. What do you normally order on your pizza?

2. What's your favourite burger toppings?

3. Preferred alcoholic beverage?

1. Pepperoni and bacon normally. Will take all of the meats and cheeses I can though.

2. Bacon, cheese, onion, ketchup is my standard. I'll also take (in addition) peanut butter, lettuce, and sometimes a fried egg.

3. Whiskey, neat.

Almost halfway through July and Summer

One more month and it’ll be September 

Can’t wait for it to cool off and have potentially nice and cool weather in Fall…..

Also it hasn’t been too bad out today for 75° - bit warm, been getting some cool wind and a couple of light drizzles of rain

Looks like we might be getting a decent amount of Thunderstorms throughout the upcoming week too

Edited by Shadow118
45 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Super important:

1. Pepperoni and bacon normally. Will take all of the meats and cheeses I can though.

2. Bacon, cheese, onion, ketchup is my standard. I'll also take (in addition) peanut butter, lettuce, and sometimes a fried egg.

3. Whiskey, neat.

just bacon, tho my favorite pizza is just plain cheese so its usually half w bacon and half without

bacon, cheese, fried egg

ciders - strongbow, okanagan, etc

my burgers are usually pretty plain unless i'm eating out tho, since i enjoy burgers plain too y; i don't like condiments for the most part like, at all lol

21 minutes ago, Shadow118 said:

Almost halfway through July and Summer

One more month and it’ll be September 

Can’t wait for it to cool off and have potentially nice and cool weather in Fall…..

Also it hasn’t been too bad out today for 75° - bit warm, been getting some cool wind and a couple of light drizzles of rain

Looks like we might be getting a decent amount of Thunderstorms throughout the upcoming week too

whoa whoa whoa slow down there!!! summer still has a lot of life left!! ;_; 

we've entered another bit of heatwave, less oppressive than before so at least going out for walks and stuff isnt unbearable x_x the last heatwave fucked up one of the fronds on my spider plant and i'm so mad...

37 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Super important:

3. Whiskey, neat.

1. Pepperoni, olive, and sausage.

2. I'm fine with pretty much anything except onions or spicy stuff.

3. Alcohol tastes like piss. The only reason people drink it is to fit in with all the cool kids.

52 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Super important:

3. Whiskey, neat.

1) Pepperoni and anchovy (though it would be remiss of me to leave out that I like Hawaiian pizza)

2) Taylor ham, egg, and cheese

3) Whiskey, served neat

54 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Super important:

3. Whiskey, neat.

1.) Pepperoni

2.) Lettuce and cheese

3.) I don't drink alcohol

yes, i'm vanilla af ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

53 minutes ago, Spring said:

whoa whoa whoa slow down there!!! summer still has a lot of life left!! ;_; 

we've entered another bit of heatwave, less oppressive than before so at least going out for walks and stuff isnt unbearable x_x the last heatwave fucked up one of the fronds on my spider plant and i'm so mad...

Maybe a month and half of Summer give or take, so theres a decent amount of it left

But personally i've never liked the extremely hot weather during Summer months...too hot for me - never liked the freezing cold, so i can't say i usually look forward to Winter either

Always liked cooler months/seasons like Fall and early Spring myself - easier for me to enjoy outdoors when i can be out

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Super important:

Pepperoni,Bacon, and Pineapple is my usual combo - sometimes with a light sprinkle of Tomato and extra cheese (otherwise just Pepperoni/Bacon or just plain Pepperoni)

Plain with Tomatoes,Cheese,Bacon, and Ketchup is my usual if available depending on the restaurant or fast food joint

Mug Root Beer because i don't like alcoholic beverages... only time i'd use them if i happened to need it for cooking purposes