METROID DREAD - October 8th!

4gtAytL.png

S4yTGVV.png Available October 8th | https://metroid.nintendo.com/

CZIP0rj.png

S4yTGVV.png Join intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran in her first new 2D Metroid™ story in 19 years

Samus’ story continues after the events of the Metroid™ Fusion game when she descends upon planet ZDR to investigate a mysterious transmission sent to the Galactic Federation. The remote planet has become overrun by vicious alien lifeforms and chilling mechanical  menaces. Samus is more agile and capable than ever, but can she overcome the inhuman threat stalking the depths of ZDR?

8Dr6b5o.png

S4yTGVV.png Face off against unrelenting E.M.M.I. robots

Once DNA-extracting research machines, the imposing E.M.M.I. are now hunting Samus down. Tensions are high as you evade these E.M.M.I. to avoid a cruel death while finding a way to take them down. Find out what turned these robotic wonders into the scourge of ZDR and escape with your life.

S4yTGVV.png Feel Samus’ power grow as you gain maneuvers and abilities

Acquire new and familiar abilities as you traverse the many environments of this dangerous world. Parkour over obstacles, slide through tight spaces, counter enemies, and battle your way through the planet. Return to areas and use your new abilities to find upgrades, alternate paths, and a way forward. Explore the sprawling map, evade and destroy E.M.M.I. robots, and overcome the dread plaguing ZDR.

*About from Nintendo.com

91UXvOj.png

Spoiler

Wf9CWum.png

Spoiler

LVxlNwN.jpg

KKicMQ9.jpg

sXJs6wq.jpg

R63ToCh.jpg

3p6Whhl.jpg

8F8Mkqp.jpg

OQKnwlI.jpg

EPwBz74.jpg

wJwcNvf.jpg

TntoodK.png

S4yTGVV.png Price: $89.99

87Z13EW.png

Includes:

• Standard copy of the game
  • Steelbook game case
  • 5 cards featuring art from Metroid 1-5
  • 190 page art book

Pics:

Spoiler

tUUUgvf.jpg

n2h2BGP.png

S4yTGVV.png Price: $29.99

3wauANT.png

Functionality:

• Samus - Gives you an extra energy tank to increase your health by 100 (Once per day).
  • E.M.M.I. - Grants a Missile+ tank to increase Samus’ missile capacity by 10 (once per day).

Pics:

Spoiler

WeIG1hE.jpg

aYRE3G5.jpg

GZvZa2Q.png

Edited by alienboyva

I want to know what EMMI stands for.

Anyways, sidescrolling Metroid is the best kind of Metroid. I like the Prime games, but I only ever play them once, I definitely prefer me some 2D. 

Definitely like the "hunted" feel of the robots coming after you. 

Amazing post, though it hurts seeing the collector's edition and amiibo pack up there that I can't...seem...to get... ANYWHERE!

I'm looking forward to this game so much as I'm very curious how they handle a post Fusion Metroid title considering the implications of Samus' actions in coordination with Adam at the end of the game.  I'm also curious as to what they mean by this game being the conclusion of Samus' connection with the Metroids.  Granted, it's not like we haven't had Metroid games where the focus wasn't squarely on the Metroids but I'm still interested in what this means for future numbered sequels going forward.

I'd definitely pre-order the collector's edition if it were actually AVAILABLE anywhere, but whatever, one way or another I'm gonna get the game anyway and I am psyched to have a brand new 2D Metroid game.

It is weird to hear that this will be the end of the Samus/Metroid story, though there's nothing stopping the developers from continuing to make games that take place before Dread—heck we've had four or five Metroid games since Fusion and all of them are chronologically prior to Fusion's events.

Just now, Kezay said:

So, I learned something today rewatching the Treehouse stream for this game.  I did not realize that they actually have a reference to the Aurora Units from Metroid Prime 3.  There is a scene in which Samus interacts with this device called the Central Unit which looks very much like the AUs in MP3 and have similar function.

Part of the backlash against Other M came from Sakamoto's statement that he didn't pay attention to the lore established in the Prime trilogy while writing the story of Other M. Some people misinterpreted this as Sakamoto saying that he considered the Prime games to be non-canon.

But seeing things like the Aurora Units and other references in Dread makes it clear that the Prime games are indeed part of Sakamoto's vision for the series.

2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Part of the backlash against Other M came from Sakamoto's statement that he didn't pay attention to the lore established in the Prime trilogy while writing the story of Other M. Some people misinterpreted this as Sakamoto saying that he considered the Prime games to be non-canon.

But seeing things like the Aurora Units and other references in Dread makes it clear that the Prime games are indeed part of Sakamoto's vision for the series.

Not surprised.  After Other M there was a lot of "dragging through the mud" of Sakamoto's name and no doubt certain fallacies and outright lies took root.  It's good to see though and I'm curious why the one in this game was seemingly dismantled.  The AUs were designed to assist with the development of operations or planet terraforming depending on where they were installed so whatever happened there could have some big implications as to mysterious surrounding planet ZDR.

9 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

The Dread news has even helped Samus Returns pick back up in sales. She’s getting stronger.

Also,

363F2045-7EC9-4A4C-AFF9-8E4F0C0F345E.jpeg

The end of the Samus/Metroid storyline? Hmmm... I'm OK with there no longer being metroids, as we had quite a few games in the series that didn't feature metroids. Though, it will be kind of weird having a series called Metroid that won't ever feature metroids again. As for Samus not returning, I'd be pretty disappointed if that happend, even if they replace her with her daughter or son (assuming she ever has one). I really hope they don't plan on retiring Samus.

Still, it's great to hear they have plans to keep the series going after Dread. :) 

Edited by alienboyva

Given the lore (at least my amount of knowledge on it), I actually prefer this. I'd rather not have them shoehorn Metroids into future titles just because. It's called Legend of Zelda, but Zelda ain't in every game (I mean, ish), it's just a franchise title now. I'd love to see Samus do more exploring on non-Metroid-infested areas, and even more non-Chozo places. Not every location should have to connect to her past when she has ALL OF SPACE.

56 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

The end of the Samus/Metroid storyline? Hmmm... I'm OK with there no longer being metroids, as we had quite a few games in the series that didn't feature metroids. Though, it will be kind of weird having a series called Metroid that won't ever feature metroids again. As for Samus not returning, I'd be pretty disappointed if that happend, even if they replace her with her daughter or son (assuming she ever has one). I really hope they don't plan on retiring Samus.

Still, it's great to hear they have plans to keep the series going after Dread. :) 

No more Metroids for the mainline 2D series is fine, tho they'll likely still have presence throughout the Prime sub-series and other things, but they don't need to be in everything. Same with Ridley who I'd be fine with just living on in Smash at some point if nothing else. Samus can take breaks, but she's too prolific to ever retire permanently, methinks.

Even if ending with Dread meant no more mainline 2D, we would still get other kinds of games, but yeah.

41 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Given the lore (at least my amount of knowledge on it), I actually prefer this. I'd rather not have them shoehorn Metroids into future titles just because. It's called Legend of Zelda, but Zelda ain't in every game (I mean, ish), it's just a franchise title now. I'd love to see Samus do more exploring on non-Metroid-infested areas, and even more non-Chozo places. Not every location should have to connect to her past when she has ALL OF SPACE.

Honestly, I would prefer her exploring more non-Federation missions. The Federation I would argue has had much more presence/milking than the Chozo at this point, and people want her to be on more solo missions again rather than in a group (like Prime 3, Other M, or Federation Force if you count it).